Dizziness in children....

Dizziness in children....

June 11th, 2012, 6:30 pm #1

my 11 year old DD has been having dizzy spells lately, often when she stands up quickly, but sometimes just sitting or laying down. She also sometimes gets headaches.

Am taking her to the Dr. today, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Am also trying to stay calm but am a bit freaked out about this.

Ann

June 11th, 2012, 6:41 pm #2

She was anemic and then she started her periods (at 11.5)

Be all well

Adee
Adee

June 11th, 2012, 10:48 pm #3

my 11 year old DD has been having dizzy spells lately, often when she stands up quickly, but sometimes just sitting or laying down. She also sometimes gets headaches.

Am taking her to the Dr. today, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Am also trying to stay calm but am a bit freaked out about this.

Ann
and I think it is worse if you are tall, which I am. I don't get it while lying or sitting down though

I think its to do with change of pressure and I do have blood pressure that is on the low side.

hope your niece gets on ok at doctors.

June 12th, 2012, 12:42 am #4

Ann
could be as little as being anemic or simply dehydrated.

When I was young, if I stood too quickly, I'd get a head rush and see black but it passed quickly. I think I was dehydrated--I rarely peed at school and I know now that I was dehydrated. and if I get dehydrated now, I sometimes have head-rushes like that and coincidentally had my blood pressure taken once when slightly dehydrated and it was low--so from then on I made sure I drink enough.
as a kid, I was also not eating enough fruits and vegetables and I think it played a part.
I also started my AF when I was twelve. Maybe it had something to do with it but heck, I've been blaming my AF for everything since then. LOL

keep us posted.
hug
jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 12th, 2012, 3:24 pm #5

Ann
Started over a year ago and random. Sometimes he was just sitting there and it would happen. He had a CT scan first and neuro exams normal. The pedi neuro says this is common with migraines. Kids don't necessarily get headaches with migraines. But since your DD has headaches too, that might be what is happening. It scared me though and definitely needs to be addressed.

June 12th, 2012, 8:30 pm #6

Ann
pretty much all her life. Hers is a migraine variant, and that might be what is going on with yours. Migraines, though, seem to be "what's left" when other things have been ruled out. I hope you get some answers quickly.

xoxoxoox
MM

June 13th, 2012, 5:06 pm #7

Ann
and could be related to migraines. DD gets mild headaches and motion sickness, and ped says these are often related. The meds for vertigo are apparently for those 12+, so she suggested Dramamine for a week to see how it goes. If not better in a week, then we have to have additional tests, but it does make sense to me that it is related to the motion sickness issues she has. We started on the dramamine and it was better yesterday.

A friend suggested I get those wristbands for her to wear, so I may check those out as well.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It helped me a lot.

Ann

June 13th, 2012, 6:52 pm #8

I would suggest to check her ears too.

these symptoms could appear when something like water put pressure in the ear.

Be well,

Adee

Adee

June 14th, 2012, 6:11 pm #9

and could be related to migraines. DD gets mild headaches and motion sickness, and ped says these are often related. The meds for vertigo are apparently for those 12+, so she suggested Dramamine for a week to see how it goes. If not better in a week, then we have to have additional tests, but it does make sense to me that it is related to the motion sickness issues she has. We started on the dramamine and it was better yesterday.

A friend suggested I get those wristbands for her to wear, so I may check those out as well.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It helped me a lot.

Ann
glad the dramamine is helping.

I always jump to the worst case so I am relieved to see this update

jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 15th, 2012, 1:40 am #10

I would suggest to check her ears too.

these symptoms could appear when something like water put pressure in the ear.

Be well,

Adee

Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally