Crzy medical medical visits

Crzy medical medical visits

January 14th, 2012, 12:35 am #1

So just though I would sum up my crazy week and maybe someone will get a laugh. Went to OB for mammogram and annual checkup. I'm having some more menopausal issues and it;s beyond just the hot flashes I'm have ing bladder problems, but my OB says it's not bladder it's hormones and bladder and they are all related to women in the 40's. I'm 47 so I'm optimal age for one to have very thin bladder and the estrogen that used to be there is no longer enough.

So she suggested the E-String. Its a plastic type of material in a circle that has estrogen slowly released from it that is pressed together and just inserted in your privates (that what DD calls them) that's it. Pretty simple to insert and it stays for 3 months, then remove and replace. So far I feel like I am peeing less than I was - so better but not cured 100%. Any one else hear of this?

Then I went to ENT and got a B12 shot and a steroid since I was so tired. I am going to sleep.

Talk more later....

January 14th, 2012, 12:52 am #2

but I'd never heard the name.

What about progesterone? When you still have a uterus, it's important to have some progesterone, too, b/c otherwise, you can get a precancerous condition, eventually uterine cancer.

Glad you're getting a little relief!

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

January 14th, 2012, 1:29 am #3

So just though I would sum up my crazy week and maybe someone will get a laugh. Went to OB for mammogram and annual checkup. I'm having some more menopausal issues and it;s beyond just the hot flashes I'm have ing bladder problems, but my OB says it's not bladder it's hormones and bladder and they are all related to women in the 40's. I'm 47 so I'm optimal age for one to have very thin bladder and the estrogen that used to be there is no longer enough.

So she suggested the E-String. Its a plastic type of material in a circle that has estrogen slowly released from it that is pressed together and just inserted in your privates (that what DD calls them) that's it. Pretty simple to insert and it stays for 3 months, then remove and replace. So far I feel like I am peeing less than I was - so better but not cured 100%. Any one else hear of this?

Then I went to ENT and got a B12 shot and a steroid since I was so tired. I am going to sleep.

Talk more later....
can you feel it? I am thinking of getting any IUD just to help with my premenopausal symptoms but afraid I will feel it in some way so I haven't done it. Great that it is helping with your bladder, I will have to share this with my sister who is having similar issues.

January 14th, 2012, 1:19 pm #4

Talk more later....
I am 46 and wonder about premen. symptoms. I am super irritable at certain times of the month .... no other real biological symptoms (yet). It's good to be on top of it though as treating these symptoms helps with ones overall health. I need to take my own advice

Hope that you got some sleep ... hugs V

January 14th, 2012, 3:20 pm #5

Talk more later....
I need to talk to my GP about hormonal stuff. I wish my GP was a woman though. I don't think he "gets" why I'd want a blood test to see how close menopause is for me and he's too quick at pushing the hormonal pills. I haven't delved deeply into HRT but I fear messing with what is going on naturally, I don't want a few years of relief just to be faced with some kind of cancer backlash 5-10yrs from now all because I wanted to pop a pill to slow down menopause.

I'd love to hear more about HRT and what others have learned and experienced.

My moods are nuts and recently I found out I am low in iron which explains why I've been so bone tired these past 6mos if not year! and that would affect my libido (how I miss my good friend libido) how it's up and down and not reliable.

So far (knock on wood) I haven't had bladder problems. Do you mean you leak or is it frequent need to pee?

Thanks for sharing this info, I'd never heard of this ring and I'd also like to know if you can feel it. I too have thought of an IUD because DH is dragging his heels about getting the ol' snip-snip.

jm

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 14th, 2012, 10:38 pm #6

http://www.dslrf.org/mwh/content.asp?L2 ... D=610&PID=

Here is the link to Susan Love's web page. My Dr. told me that since it's local estrogen that no progesterone is needed. It's very low dose so supposed to be better than pills.

I have tried basically all other methods of HRT, bioidenticals from a "special" Dr from a compounding place, also, estrace and progesterone pills and a couple different hormone replacements and nothing has helped me.

I have had hot flashes for a long time on and off for years and now starting around September have had extreme urinary frequency but I did not have an infection. I went to a urologist who gave me drugs like detrol but that did not help, if actually made me worse. He wanted to do a procedure something like a scope up there and I was really afraid that it was going to be painful as I had it done a long time ago and remember that is one of of my worst moments ever so I was at OB visit and thats when she said that it CAN be another menopause symptom and the e-string could/might solve it.

I was not sure I would like it but decided to give it a shot as I am living in the bathroom constantly having to pee. Anyway, so far it's been less than a week and I do see a difference already. Knock on wood.
Once I got it in, and it settled into place (no wrong it right place, it just needs to find a place) it's been fine. I do not feel it. Dr. said that some women do remove it if they are going to be intimate and rinse it and then reinsert it, but not necessary. (I also read that some women who strain to go #2 remove it if they are bearing down and afraid it's going to end up in the loo. I haven't tried to take it out, but OB offered to if I wanted her to after 3 months or sooner if I didn't like it. If you have super long nails that might be an idea. so I like it so far.

HTH
Last edited by 1234Fleur on January 14th, 2012, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2012, 10:39 pm #7

but I'd never heard the name.

What about progesterone? When you still have a uterus, it's important to have some progesterone, too, b/c otherwise, you can get a precancerous condition, eventually uterine cancer.

Glad you're getting a little relief!

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998
Hi I posted a long message below. Hope it helps....

January 14th, 2012, 10:40 pm #8

can you feel it? I am thinking of getting any IUD just to help with my premenopausal symptoms but afraid I will feel it in some way so I haven't done it. Great that it is helping with your bladder, I will have to share this with my sister who is having similar issues.
Hmm, never knew an IUD could help with symptoms?? So far I don't feel this and I was thinking I would so go figure!!

How are you doing???

January 14th, 2012, 10:42 pm #9

I am 46 and wonder about premen. symptoms. I am super irritable at certain times of the month .... no other real biological symptoms (yet). It's good to be on top of it though as treating these symptoms helps with ones overall health. I need to take my own advice

Hope that you got some sleep ... hugs V
had a tough night of not sleeping but just have been feeling yucky lately with sinus stuff. Hopefully to be on the mend soon. How are you guys doing???

hugs...

January 15th, 2012, 1:54 am #10

Talk more later....
And my gyn said that the cramps were probably NOT from the Estring, but I ended up ripping it out after several days -- I was so uncomfortable from the cramps. They let up almost immediately.

But good luck -- apparently I did not have a typical reaction...

--Ellen