Can we have a roll call?

Can we have a roll call?

November 18th, 2011, 4:03 pm #1

I've been so disconnected lately and really miss this board. If it's been so busy for me, I'll assume it is for everyone else. Yet, I'm forgetting all the names/stories here and don't want that to happen. Hopefully, everyone can give a quick update and help refresh the board!

Name (previous names)
Children's Names/age--with month/year of birth
Short IF story-- fsh numbers
When did you join the FSH boards
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Bio Shorts--- relationship status, occupation, schools, hobbies, interests
Recent Struggles---- family, work, community, etc.
Recent Highlights---
Coming Projects, Plans or Wishes

Hope you can all share some... the longer the better!!!

Last edited by loggings on November 19th, 2011, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 18th, 2011, 4:29 pm #2

omissy (was Missy many years ago-- neither real names)

DS#1 6 born Feb '05
DS#2 4 born Jan '07
DS#3 3 born Oct '08

Found the boards in October of 2002

First and highest fsh was 23.6. Lowest was 11. Didn't check it much.
Had 4 recurrent mscgs followed by the birth of my sons via 7 natural pgs. Did immune approach to treating IF including LIT in Mexico, Lovenox and steroids. Have Hashimoto's (Hypothyroid).

Age at delivery (s)
Currently 48yo, age at birth of DS#1 41.6, #2 43.5 adn #3 45.2

Area where you live
Philadelphia

Married to wonderful DH for 21 years. I worked for about 20 years in sales, 15 for a major mfg of custom home products. Grew up near the Poconos, went to PSU for 5 years and then moved to Phila in 1986. Like any type of craft, sewing, cooking, gardening and have absolutely no time for any of it. Also, have a passion for the ocean--beach, sports, boating, etc. Spend a lot of time at a beach place an hour from Philly.

Having a rough time with familyespecially Mom right now, brothers and family in general. Devastated by the recent events at PSU. Of course, still trying to deal with big weight problem, falling apart home and borderline hoarding in my basement. Yikes!... hard to write this part!

Recent Highlights---
DS#1 got into a great public school and things are going so well there. This has been such a blessing. Met some great Moms at the new school and finally feeling comfy re-still living in the city. After 2 years of recovering from a horrible spine injury relapse, I'm finally feeling almost back to normal.

We will be spending our very first Christmas morning, bittersweet as it is, in our own home. We are doing some home repair/redecorating. Kids are going to start a variety of activities in Jan. Hoping to finally spend some time working on my own health and strength.

Last edited by loggings on November 18th, 2011, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 18th, 2011, 10:51 pm #3

I've been so disconnected lately and really miss this board. If it's been so busy for me, I'll assume it is for everyone else. Yet, I'm forgetting all the names/stories here and don't want that to happen. Hopefully, everyone can give a quick update and help refresh the board!

Name (previous names)
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Recent Highlights---

Me: currently age 46

Married, work as college professor

DS 1 about to turn 5
DS 2 turned 3 in September

Highest FSH: 13.8, but got very lucky with IVF (twice) with one failed cycle.

Found playgroup while hoping to conceive my first child 7 years ago, but didnt start posting until about 3 years ago.

Current Challenges: Balancing work with children, worries about job stability and the economy, trying to repair broken marriage, focusing on my health maintenance in the form of making drs appts for checkups, and losing weight.

Dreams: A long term dream is to be able to pay for my childrens college education without loans. More immediately, I want to return to my favorite pasttime of knitting, which I havent done since the birth of my second child. I would like to return to a normal weight in 2012, and want to do alot of organizing in the house in the upcoming months.
Last edited by Pinkdandelion on November 19th, 2011, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 18th, 2011, 11:13 pm #4

Name (previous names)
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Recent Highlights---

Name Konni

Keiki, summer, 2002

fsh numbers: Varied, but usually in the low to mid teens

When did you join the FSH boards: Found bbs in late spring 2001

Age of delivery: 42

Area where you live: southeast

Bio Shorts: Married 25 years, college instructor, educated in public schools and universities in SC and FL, bumming on the beach. Used to do ballroom dancing and showed dogs. Travel, of course! Hope to indulge in art someday.

Recent Struggles---- family, work, community, etc.: DS might have PDD-NOS, so we're trying to get him tested. Fell out of love with work, so that sux! Trying to kick a sinus infection that I've had since July. 3 rounds of abx didn't work. I'm taking an older, stronger one now. Dr. wanted me to get a CAT scan and wouldn't listen to me when I said that Zithromax was the wrong abx for me, so I had to go back to a previous dr. Gotta find a new doc!

Recent Highlights: finished my MLIS this summer and now am working on certification to become a school librarian.

Coming Projects, Plans or Wishes: looking into adoption when I get a chance to breathe. Hoping to take a road trip out west next summer with dh and ds!

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 50, dh 50
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998
Last edited by goldiescholar on November 18th, 2011, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cy2

November 18th, 2011, 11:37 pm #5

I may have mentioned this before, but when I was plagued by bad, chronic sinus stuffiness and infections, I used a steamer and inhaled steam each nite. At first it was 30 minutes or more every night, but later I was only using steam when I started feeling stuffy with an infection coming on again.

I think the heat when inhaled deeply through the nostrils killed whatever was making me sick. It took a while at first since the heat seemed to make my sinuses plug up and I'd only be able to inhale through my nose for a minute or so at a time. Eventually it worked and has kept me out of trouble since.

cy2

November 18th, 2011, 11:46 pm #6

Name (previous names)
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Recent Highlights---

DS turned 10 at the end of October. We adopted him at age 3.

Found the Over 40 high FSH board in 2002-2003. Moved to the Playgroup as we were going through the adopting process with DS.

Live in HI

Investment/financial advisor, focusing on individuals and their small businesses. Major interests include reading (too many parenting books recently), cooking, catching up on deferred stuff!

Recent struggles - everything! Too much stuff and unrelated garbage clogging up my life. Jettisoned doing volunteer work for the PTA. That helped free up some time.

Highlights: turned 50 at the end of July. Adopted an 8 year old Bichon Frise (Fluffy) around that time. He's the sweetest dog!

DS has made a concerted effort to change bad behavior habits since he turned 10. Had one of the best weeks this week. Peaceful evenings and DH's support in getting DS ready to sleep by 7:45. He usually gets in bed later, but it's a HUGE improvement. DS is less tired. DH is doing heavy lifting in keeping DS on track in the late evening.

Upcoming challenges: dealing with the economy and financial stuff as DH's profession is very cyclical and no one has work now. . .

November 19th, 2011, 12:36 pm #7

Name (previous names)
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Recent Highlights---

Name Mo
Children's Names/age--with month/year of birth DS1 (4), DS2 (2) DS3 (1)
Short IF story-- fsh numbers Highest recorded 17, 4 year IF, 4 cycle iui, 1 abandoned ivf, 1 failed ivf then success and then 2 nat pregs followed and then this pregnancy from FET off my successful ivf for which I had frosties left over
When did you join the FSH boards - 1997
Age you became a mother 33
Area where you live UK
Bio Shorts--- married, part-time worker, hobbies - cooking,dog,trying to keep aa nice house!
Recent Struggles---- Toilet training, terrible 2s, childcare, tryinng to save money.
Recent Highlights--- expecting my 4th in March 2012 (FET)
Coming Projects, Plans or Wishes - wish I could feel a bit more flush!
Last edited by moelle on November 19th, 2011, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 19th, 2011, 12:52 pm #8

I may have mentioned this before, but when I was plagued by bad, chronic sinus stuffiness and infections, I used a steamer and inhaled steam each nite. At first it was 30 minutes or more every night, but later I was only using steam when I started feeling stuffy with an infection coming on again.

I think the heat when inhaled deeply through the nostrils killed whatever was making me sick. It took a while at first since the heat seemed to make my sinuses plug up and I'd only be able to inhale through my nose for a minute or so at a time. Eventually it worked and has kept me out of trouble since.
What kind of steamer were you using that didn't burn your face? I usually take a long, very hot shower at night. Do you think that counts? I'm not as religious about using my neti pot lately, but that's another treatment I've used this fall, sometimes 2-3x day.

This began in July, and it would have been difficult to tolerate steam in our steamy summer! In the past during the dry winters, I've noticed that sometimes a humidifier in my bedroom helps.

I don't know about your area, but we had a rash of summer colds here, not just in my city, but all around, and for me, that's how it begins.

I've also noticed that sudden temperature changes aggravate my symptoms. In July, I spent a week in Asheville, which was experiencing unusually warm temps, and the AC indoors was very anemic, so quite warm, day and night. Then when I returned home, I immediately had to attend a 3-day workshop inside an over-air-conditioned bldg, and that's when I noticed the symptoms. But they didn't get as bad as a winter infection, so I hoped I could kick it on my own, as the medical literature suggests. Last Saturday, another sudden chill when we spent the day outdoors. Two days later, I've got chills and bone-aches.

The woman who took my payment at the dr's office said she'd just had a steroid shot for her sinuses. My brother has done that before, too.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 50, dh 50
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

November 19th, 2011, 1:31 pm #9

Name (previous names)
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Recent Highlights---

Name: MM-IL

Children's Names:
DD S 2002
DD Z 2002
DS R 2004
DD G 2004

After two miscarriages, sought help from an RE. Had an FSH of 16 at 31 years old. Moved fairly quickly to IVF. Got lucky with twins on first try. Another try after the babies were born was a fail. Tried once more and got lucky again with twins.

It must have been in 2001

Age you became a mother: 32

Area where you live: Delaware, but a midwestern girl at heart

Bio Shorts:
I'm married and a sahm. I love music, play a little guitar (not skillfully!), love to read. I'll need to go back to work someday, but I'm not sure what that will be.

Recent Struggles:
In the process of being diagnosed with MS (see separate post above)

Recent Highlights:
We're Catholic, and my kids went to confession for the first time (the sacrament called Reconciliation). They don't do it like they do in the movies anymore...you just line up to wait your turn, some distance from the priest, who sits in a chair across from the person who is confessing his sins. Anyway, my husband was standing back watching and when the priest raised his hand to absolve my son of his sins, my little boy reached up and high fived him! Heeelarious! My kids sure do make me laugh.

Coming Projects, Plans or Wishes:
I wish I'd figure out what to do about working. I think I'm settled in that I don't need a career, but I do want a paycheck!

November 19th, 2011, 8:13 pm #10

Name (previous names)
Age you became a mother
Area where you live
Recent Highlights---

Name (previous names) Julie

Children's Names/age--with month/year of birth: DS april 2003, DD October 2007

Short IF story-- fsh numbers: started ttc at age 29, went for fert work up and FSH was 13 at that point. Tested regularly and it kept climbng until it stalled at 26 around the time DS came along at age 33--nat conc following a cancelled DE IVF with a friend's eggs. For DD I did several cycles of TCM and managed to conc nat at age 38. same fsh of 26. Also have stage 4 endo

When did you join the FSH boards: oh, maybe around 2006? I'd have to go dig on the secondary bb, never plunged in the "main" fsh bb, too worried of hurting inadvertently since I was ttc#2. I was with other BBs while ttc our #1, didn't discover network54 until ttc #2.

Age you became a mother:34

Area where you live: Ontario, Canada. eh.

Bio Shorts--- relationship status, occupation, schools, hobbies, interests:
married,
stay-at-home-mom,
went to college (gold-silver metal work--worked as a goldsmith for a year or so)
I love to bake and I dream of having my own café one day but I also want to revive the artist within me, want to paint, sculpt, do pottery.

Recent Struggles---- family, work, community, etc.; Marital and are in therapy so things are going well now. It's a real struggle to make TIME for therapy with our busy lives but it could be worse, we could have split up. I am well equipped with a few books as helpful guides.

Recent Highlights--- managed to lose 20lbs or so and I am getting lots of compliments. Kids are doing well at school, DD just started JrK, in half days so doesn't give me tons of time to get on with my own interests but that's ok, it's a matter of time, I just need to be patient.

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~