Bringing on period naturally

Bringing on period naturally

July 5th, 2012, 11:20 am #1

First, I don't even know if its possible but I figured if anyone have experience it could be this board. I have only had 1 cycle since having my LO. It was back in May. I did take a pregnancy test a week ago and it was negative. In the past, I had to take (if I remember correctly), estradial to bring on my mensus (sp). I do not want to start going thru taking meds at this point. I just don't want to be at the doctors office. I need a little bit of a reprieve.
So, with that, is there a diet/viatmins/supplements that anyone has had any luck with? I will say, I do try to eat well. I do eat a lot of fruits not so much vegatables. My diet is not bad but its not perfect. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

July 5th, 2012, 7:09 pm #2

but if you have no lining to shed to begin with, nothing will happen.

Just don't lose weight, b/c that stops AF.

Are you b-f? That can keep your prolactin levels high and prevent AF and ovulation. Even if you're not b-f, sometimes your prolactin can be too high.

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

July 5th, 2012, 8:45 pm #3

First, I don't even know if its possible but I figured if anyone have experience it could be this board. I have only had 1 cycle since having my LO. It was back in May. I did take a pregnancy test a week ago and it was negative. In the past, I had to take (if I remember correctly), estradial to bring on my mensus (sp). I do not want to start going thru taking meds at this point. I just don't want to be at the doctors office. I need a little bit of a reprieve.
So, with that, is there a diet/viatmins/supplements that anyone has had any luck with? I will say, I do try to eat well. I do eat a lot of fruits not so much vegatables. My diet is not bad but its not perfect. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
ok, I am going through the whole magical change (I call it magical because I am trying to have fun with it, ya know??? lol) and the dr I see for it said that if you don't produce your own estrogen, then taking prog won't cause a bleed (withdrawal)

I don't produce enough estrogen so chemically I am in menopause but I can't call it that until it's been a year. I did two weeks of prog and af didn't show up.

So you do have to go see your dr for a blood work up, see where your hormones are at otherwise, just sit tight and hope for the best. eating fruits is fine as long as you make sure you eat all colours.
Eating a salad a day is so good for you, with red peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, all those things can make a satisfying salad and keep your body happy.

Lower or eliminate the refined sugar and you'll notice a huge difference.

Not sure what more I can add, do a search, I think this question has been asked before and the advice was great.

good luck!

julie

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 10th, 2012, 8:35 pm #4

I know a few friends who were able to get AF after some sessions. I have always used Provera.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

July 11th, 2012, 1:08 pm #5

Great idea n/t