a milestone - first tooth out for my 5 year old

a milestone - first tooth out for my 5 year old

June 28th, 2012, 10:14 pm #1

and he has only just turned 5 (did not realise it would start so early - losing your teeth)

and cannot believe that I feel emotional (but then it has been a bit of an emotional week with him finishing nursery and starting school after this summer holiday)

sniff sniff

June 29th, 2012, 3:57 am #2

It always surprises me what makes me feel emotional about my kids too.

I think losing a first tooth will be one of those times.

Be sure and get some pictures of that toothless smile, and hope you feel better soon!!

Hope he loves kindergarten!!

Pink

June 29th, 2012, 10:47 am #3

and he has only just turned 5 (did not realise it would start so early - losing your teeth)

and cannot believe that I feel emotional (but then it has been a bit of an emotional week with him finishing nursery and starting school after this summer holiday)

sniff sniff
when they first come in, it's emotional because it's proof positive they are growing and becoming independent.

so sweet!
what do you do in your house? tooth fairy? Money? note?

In my house we put the tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy keeps forgetting how much teeth go for, sometimes it's a loonie (1$), sometimes a toonie (2$ coin).

My DH has been keeping all of DS's teeth, hidden away where the boy won't see them, hopefully, until he's older. He's 9 and is clinging to these sweet stories but knows deep down that they are just stories.

jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 29th, 2012, 12:08 pm #4

sniff sniff
My ds lost his first one a few weeks before his 4th birthday, and the shock on my face scared him. It was such a surprise that I tracked down his dentist and insisted on showing him the tooth, in case the early shedding was a symptom of something worse. (It wasn't.)

So, now I guess you have to decide if your tooth fairy is a $1 fairy, a 5$ fairy, or (gulp) a $10 or $20 fairy!

(We had a $5 tooth fairy family in the 'hood when ds was that age, and I was so glad when they moved away. Then a family with a dd in his class gave their dd $20! I told that mom I would have driven to her house at 10 pm to make change, rather than have that bar to live up to!)

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998

June 29th, 2012, 8:58 pm #5

sniff sniff
It may seem strange, but we did not loose those teeth... We still have them inside a Kinder Egg

Joy and celebrations,

Adee
Adee

June 30th, 2012, 6:42 am #6

when they first come in, it's emotional because it's proof positive they are growing and becoming independent.

so sweet!
what do you do in your house? tooth fairy? Money? note?

In my house we put the tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy keeps forgetting how much teeth go for, sometimes it's a loonie (1$), sometimes a toonie (2$ coin).

My DH has been keeping all of DS's teeth, hidden away where the boy won't see them, hopefully, until he's older. He's 9 and is clinging to these sweet stories but knows deep down that they are just stories.

jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and left 50p (would be able to buy some sweets with that amount or save up for a comic)

and I am afraid I put the tooth in the bin

but my boy is delighted and proud of this gap in his mouth.

June 30th, 2012, 6:47 am #7

It always surprises me what makes me feel emotional about my kids too.

I think losing a first tooth will be one of those times.

Be sure and get some pictures of that toothless smile, and hope you feel better soon!!

Hope he loves kindergarten!!

Pink
and hopefully he will settle in well as he is in a nice class with some of his best friends and apparently lovley teachers.

June 30th, 2012, 6:48 am #8

My ds lost his first one a few weeks before his 4th birthday, and the shock on my face scared him. It was such a surprise that I tracked down his dentist and insisted on showing him the tooth, in case the early shedding was a symptom of something worse. (It wasn't.)

So, now I guess you have to decide if your tooth fairy is a $1 fairy, a 5$ fairy, or (gulp) a $10 or $20 fairy!

(We had a $5 tooth fairy family in the 'hood when ds was that age, and I was so glad when they moved away. Then a family with a dd in his class gave their dd $20! I told that mom I would have driven to her house at 10 pm to make change, rather than have that bar to live up to!)

Keiki's Makuahine (Keiki's Mom) 51, dh 52
Keiki: b. 2002 after 3 months bedrest
Natural conception following ZIFT/chem. pg

Olivia: b. 1999 d. 1999
28-week preemie, ptl cause unknown
Natural conception after 1 mc

ttc since 1998
a tooth amongst everyone I know. Tooth fairy has been - cheap rate for a tooth round here!

June 30th, 2012, 6:49 am #9

It may seem strange, but we did not loose those teeth... We still have them inside a Kinder Egg

Joy and celebrations,

Adee
no as I have not kept my baby teeth. But I can see why you would

July 7th, 2012, 1:21 am #10

sniff sniff
Not experienced that yet and DS is 6 ! I imagine it is a milestone and quite emotional Lovely.
V