Sleo, and results yet?

Sleo, and results yet?

Willa
Willa

July 26th, 2006, 12:28 am #1

Just wondering of you got the blood tests back yet?

sleo
sleo

July 28th, 2006, 10:14 am #2

hi there -- thanks for asking and sorry for the delayed response, just saw this because haven't been on the boards much.

I got the bloodwork back early this week, and it wasn't the astronomically good news I was sort of expecting after the PGD. My Down's risk was good, 1/1000 but my Trisomy 13 and 18 were worse than my age, at 1/172 instead of 1/222. Doc thought it was a false positive (although it wasn't really a positive), as it was just one of the chemicals rather than both, but they moved up my scan for my piece of mind. So I had the nuchal sonogram today, and that was comforting, as I hadn't seen the baby in 2 weeks and it's heart was beating nicely and it looked pretty darn cute. But it was asleep and positioned wrong and it was a little early to be having the scan, so they couldn't get a good view of everything they wanted to see. The nuchal fold was good at 1.3. Anyway, the doc recommended another scan next week, and if it's good, another scan at maybe 16 weeks, and if that goes well, maybe just skip the amnio too.

I'm more annoyed about the bad bloodwork than anything else, especially after the relatively good scan. I feel like after the PGD, I deserved good blood work so I could just move on away from CVS and do the amnio. Now, I'm still in possible-CVS land.

I also saw my OB for the first time today, who wants me to consult with a high risk OB because of the recurrent m/c. A bit of a pain to see another doc, but it means ultrasounds every month probaibly, which sounds pretty good to me right now.

I think you don't have anything scheduled until a nuchal fold sonogram next week, right? When will you get your bw back? Will be watching for updates.

Willa
Willa

July 28th, 2006, 5:38 pm #3

I wouldn't trust the blood work results. I think they have so many false positives. I think the u/s tells you more and you got a good reading on the nuchal fold. All trisomy babies have thick nuchal folds if I remember properly (that was my 1st baby's problem on the one I made it to 14 weeks). I am planning on ignoring the blood work if the numbers are reasonable andthe u/s looks good. If it's 1 in 5 then I would worry.

It would be better if they could tell you that you have nothing to worry about, but I think this is a good start anyway. It doesn't help you to stop worrying, but hey, it went much better than my scan the first time and I would be overjoyed...

My next u/s is at the RE next Friday at 11w1d, and then the NT screening the following Thursday at 12w. Its tough waiting but I can't change the outcome; it's out of my hands.