Poeia
Diagnostician
Poeia
Diagnostician

March 1st, 2008, 1:30 am #21

No one knows who played it.
Play House listed it as "to come" for a long time but finally gave up and put it down as unknown.
I used to think it was Hugh but it might have been one of the two composers who create the original music for the series -- Jason Derlatka or Jon Ehrlich. I know HL said, in an interview, that Jon Ehrlich wrote the piece from Half-Wit that House supposedly wrote in Jr. HS.

Taiga
Duckling
Taiga
Duckling

March 1st, 2008, 5:00 pm #22

I liked meeting an old friend of House's too, Boffle, though even now he still seems like a strange choice of friend for House. Maybe House was a different person back then?

Boffle
Duckling
Boffle
Duckling

March 1st, 2008, 8:18 pm #23

I dunno, Taiga I can't see House ever having been a lot different. When Crandall came up to hug him, he knew that a real hug wouldn't be welcome, so he stopped just before actually touching him, trying to fake him out as a joke. G-man! Ha! Yet he also knew to come to House when he needed someone to solve a problem no one else could solve, so he appreciated House's abilities from way back.
I think (wank) they may have both been outcasts and thrown together that way... House saw that he could easily use him (he had a car) and may have felt some Houseian-style empathy for how gullible he was (the equivalent of a puppy House could happily and regularly trick but couldn't quite bring himself to kick) and Crandall saw the good in House, how smart he was, and how clever, and that he is at heart on the side of doing good, and so Crandall just gave him credit for being a good person underneath the snarky facade.
And he did stand up to House, so House does respect that. Yeah, probably dysfunctional, even mutually enabling friends, but what's new about that? Crandall did come to House for help after all those years, and House did help him and gave him what he thought he needed. In House's world, that's gold.

houserocket7
Attending

March 1st, 2008, 10:07 pm #24

While I had issues with the episode there were so many great moments. Not the least being Georgia!
I loved every scene with and about Georgia. I especially liked the end scene where House is nice to her for no other reason than to be nice. He was so sweet. A rare moment.

Taiga
Duckling
Taiga
Duckling

March 2nd, 2008, 1:29 pm #25

Hats off to Bobble!
houserocket, I think you may be confusing this ep with a S1 one.

Boffle
Duckling
Boffle
Duckling

March 2nd, 2008, 3:07 pm #26

Taiga wrote:Hats off to Bobble!
Thanks, Taiga! Also, I kinda like how you call me Bobble: my handle used to be BoffleBobbie, so this combines the two nicely. But I love ABoF&L so guess I'll keep Boffle. :-)
houserocket7 Georgia was in Poison which was also rebroadcast in the last few days. But, yeah, I love her a lot and the way House is sweet to her and flirts with her up to a point and then the slightly shrill "Georgia!" as she's about to touch him is actually a nice parallel to the faux hug that Crandall (in Who's Your Daddy) first approaches him with. The man does not want to be touched, no he doesn't.

houserocket7
Attending

March 2nd, 2008, 3:12 pm #27

Boffle wrote:
Taiga wrote:Hats off to Bobble!
Thanks, Taiga! Also, I kinda like how you call me Bobble: my handle used to be BoffleBobbie, so this combines the two nicely. But I love ABoF&L so guess I'll keep Boffle. :-)
houserocket7 Georgia was in Poison which was also rebroadcast in the last few days. But, yeah, I love her a lot and the way House is sweet to her and flirts with her up to a point and then the slightly shrill "Georgia!" as she's about to touch him is actually a nice parallel to the faux hug that Crandall (in Who's Your Daddy) first approaches him with. The man does not want to be touched, no he doesn't.
Boffle was able to pick up my ever so subtle comparison between the two scenes - Georgia - Crandall.....
Nope, just got confused, sorry.

ForumerDeletedUser
Attending

August 30th, 2010, 8:24 am #28

Diving back in an old discussion...
This one (and Forever) are two episodes I liked at the time/ Less brilliant than the four fist ones of the season, but still really enjoyable, this one for non medical parts, mostly.
Wilson : And you blew her?
House (looking somewhat uneasy and making a reverse gesture) : technically....
I remember laughing at that, mostly because I understood the blow job reference I was not supposed to (not something you learn at school ; I am better in bad mouthed English now, thanks to House).
I loved House Cuddy interaction. I had no doubt that she came to ask him to be her donor, and chickened out when she realized he was going to say yes if asked (that, also, seemed obvious to me). She suddenly remembered who he is, and he is not going to be only a donor and leave her alone with that, and having him around is a risk she is not able to take, at this moment.
I don't think he made an offer in the clinic. I think he gave her honest advice, for once, and when she said "someone like you?" realised that she could ask him, and deflected. He looked almost afraid when he said "someone you like". I thought it was a sudden realisation for him : she trusts him (that he knows) and she likes him (that, he discovers). So he flew away. Later in the episode, after seeing Crandall attitude, he could face the idea of being asked. And he was waiting for it, and looked defeated/sad when she did not ask. And back to pain, loneliness, and morphine.
That is how I saw it at the time, and why I liked it. It was a deeply sad and melancholic epi to me.