Post op pain after 1 year

Post op pain after 1 year

Josh Bastian
Josh Bastian

July 22nd, 2008, 12:32 am #1

Hello,
I am a 34 year old man and had an inguinal hernia last August. The recovery from the surgery was supposed to take about 6 weeks and it was said that I would be pretty much back to normal. Today I am still numb in that area. It is very tender to the touch (much like a deep bruise). I also feel dull achey pain where the hernia occured. I've had a CT scan and they said they saw what appeard to be a lesion behind the mesh. They sent me to have an ultra sound today and the technician said she didn't really see anything. They are reffering it to the original surgeon and my GP. HELP!!! Not sure what this could be but I'm at my wits end feeling like this. Thanks in advance for any advice and knowledge that you could pass my way.
Josh Bastian

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 22nd, 2008, 10:33 am #2

neil
neil

July 26th, 2008, 5:04 am #3

Hello,
I am a 34 year old man and had an inguinal hernia last August. The recovery from the surgery was supposed to take about 6 weeks and it was said that I would be pretty much back to normal. Today I am still numb in that area. It is very tender to the touch (much like a deep bruise). I also feel dull achey pain where the hernia occured. I've had a CT scan and they said they saw what appeard to be a lesion behind the mesh. They sent me to have an ultra sound today and the technician said she didn't really see anything. They are reffering it to the original surgeon and my GP. HELP!!! Not sure what this could be but I'm at my wits end feeling like this. Thanks in advance for any advice and knowledge that you could pass my way.
Josh Bastian
plug and patch?

rosanne
rosanne

November 16th, 2009, 1:26 am #4

Hello,
Josh Bastian
hi
what king of surgury did you have mt husband has laproscopic surgury for a right ingurnal hurnia hi scars are on the left side where are your scars located and what kind of operation did you have he has had major complication do to this surgury
talk to you soon
rosanne

rosanne
rosanne

November 16th, 2009, 1:27 am #5

Hello,
Josh Bastian
hi
what king of surgury did you have mt husband has laproscopic surgury for a right ingurnal hurnia hi scars are on the left side where are your scars located and what kind of operation did you have he has had major complication do to this surgury
talk to you soon
rosanne

Donha Lincoln
Donha Lincoln

July 12th, 2010, 10:27 am #6

Hello,
Josh Bastian
hi my name is Donha i had my first op the 10 march 2010 & my second 1 may,i have been back at work 4 2 weeks & left on the 1st july being in pain,since then been 2 hospital 4 a day thay gave me a local in my stomach had scans done very very sore down in my groin thay are not sure wot is wrong but wen i walk i get pain down the right side of stomach & groin help is there any 1 out got the same

Geoff
Geoff

August 10th, 2011, 2:37 pm #7

Hello,
Josh Bastian
I am 40 have the same symptoms and the doctor at Georgetown university says it is nerve damage coused from the mesh. I am having that nerve cut next month.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 10th, 2011, 5:50 pm #8

Geoff,

Do you mind sharing the name of the surgeon who is going to cut the nerve? Thanks.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 10th, 2011, 6:15 pm #9

My name is Garth. Sorry for leaving that out. Thanks again Geoff.

Eric
Eric

August 28th, 2011, 9:29 pm #10

Bilateral open inguinal hernia surgery with mesh repair Jan 2010. Severe problems with groin/testicular pain and pain shooting down leg. Nerve blocks no help. Neurontin no help. Testicular ultrasound and urologist consult showed nothing. Dec. 2010 had ilioinginal nerves resected and scar tissue cleaned out. Still having pain issues and have limited ability to exercise. Surgeon said mesh was in place and doing fine, and there were no other hernias. Just be forewarned, you may still have problems after a 2nd surgery. The cause of Post Herniorraphy Pain Syndrome is not always clear. Good Luck.