Painting Competition - Winter 2014

Painting Competition - Winter 2014

Beastlord Karankawa
Doombull

14 Nov 2014, 22:19 #1

Hello again fellow hobby enthusiasts!

Today I announce that the Winter 2014 Herdstone Painting Competition is under way!

Same rules apply as from previous events (see "pinned" topic on rules also):

This time there are two categories:

1 - Category / Theme - "We're back, baby!!"

The entry requirement is for a model (or models) that now embrace their true chaos nature once again based on the updated rules found in Grotkin. Show us your chaos marks! Show us what units are embodied now with beastmen (beastmen flying chariot conversion, etc. etc.) Show us those Khorne Shaman!

The entry - must be painted and may be converted (most likely) and shall be voted by the public on which they like best.

2 - Category / Theme - "Krampus!"

The entry requirement is for a model (or models) based on the beast-like creature from the folklore of Alpine countries thought to punish children during the Christmas season who had misbehaved! Bad children, bad.

The entry - must be painted and may be converted (most likely) and shall be voted by the public on which they like best.

Timing:
Submissions due in to me by December 19, 2014.

Voting begins December 22, 2014 (no later than).

Rules:

1. No Plagiarism: Plagiarism is defined as the act of taking and using another's work as one's own. The entry must have been painted/converted by you. If it was not done by you and you just want to show it off you can post it in the hobby section. Plagiarism will be dealt with harshly, including banning.

2. One photo must include the word "Herdstone", this can be done by putting a scrap piece of paper in-front or behind the model with Herdstone written on it or even painting it on the base!. This is to discourage people from taking an unfair advantage as well as promoting the most awesome WHFB forum out there (not that there is an issue with submissions, but others may try and claim your work)!

3. For the sake of logistics you may only enter once (per category as applicable).

4. Each entry may submit up to three photos of the model (or more if with good reason).

5. Links to the photos can be submitted to me via PM. If you don't know how to upload photos see: uploading photos or ask someone for help.

6. When voting time comes please vote according to the spirit of the rules and please don't ask all your friends to vote for yours and don't get people to sign up new accounts just so they can vote for you and never come back.

7. Entries may have been posted on the Herdstone before, but should have been painted within the last year. Please remember, this is not a popularity contest, but something that is solely driven on the submission.

*Remember, the intent of the competition is to motivate the Herdstone to paint and prepare its armies!!

Prizes: Aside from all the fame and fortune, the winner will have some sway over the theme of the next Herdstone Painting Competition!

If there are any other questions - please let me know!

Please post your expected level of participation - good luck to all!!
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.   -- Romans 12:17-18 
Karankawa's Painting Diary
Karankawa's Battle Reports
Karankawa's Daemon Painting Diary
Karankawa's Empire Painting Diary
Karankawa's Local Store Painting Diary
Direwolf FAQ

Beastlord Karankawa
Doombull

19 Nov 2014, 06:40 #2

Please post if you will be submitting an entry for this competition.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.   -- Romans 12:17-18 
Direwolf FAQ

Beastlord Karankawa
Doombull

23 Nov 2014, 21:53 #3

Anyone planning on entering this time around?
Direwolf FAQ

decker_cky
Doombull

23 Nov 2014, 22:19 #4

I'll be giving it a shot. Have a fun idea for a few different units, but it depends on how they come together.

Decker's Beast Blog - Last updated September 2/2011 - Banelords Beastlord and Harpies
Decker's Eclectic Painting and Modeling Diary - Last updated August 29/11 - Bretonnian Knight + Lord
Tallarn 47th Light Infantry Army Diary - Last updated March 29/09 - Leman Russ Eradicator

Beastlord Karankawa
Doombull

26 Nov 2014, 23:51 #5

Was hoping to have more responses by now. If we don't see a few more people willing to enter, I'll post pone this until next year.

BK
Direwolf FAQ

Irtehdar
Minotaur

27 Nov 2014, 07:39 #6

Oi I just saw this now. Im in for this one. On both categories.
The greatest trick Malal ever pulled was convincing GW he didn't exist.

You have to consider the possibility that the gods does not like you, never wanted you, and in all probability, they HATE you. It's not the worst thing that can happen. We don't NEED them! F**K damnation, man! F**K redemption! We're the gods unwanted children, SO BE IT!

My Beasties PLOG

Chaos, MD
Doombull

28 Nov 2014, 18:31 #7

I'm not a gamer and do not have access to the GLotkin book. Can anyone give me a quick idea of what can now take marks in the Beast army?

EDIT: Found it. I'd try for a character but I doubt I'd have enough time. :/
:coffee:
FW Daemon Prince of Khorne WIP*FINISHED*
Various Projects & The Herd of Khraal-Anok the Crowned-One Working towards the P3 Masters Paint Comp(Success!!!) Updated 10/21/14
Beast Army Commission for Spikes

My army thread: It's Chaos! and Part II

And remember, when in doubt paint it RED

My CMoN. I need some votes!

zunjin
Wargor

29 Nov 2014, 13:14 #9

Im in, i had missed this aswell

popisdead
Doombull

30 Nov 2014, 18:17 #10

Beastlord Karankawa @ Nov 26 2014, 03:51 PM wrote: Was hoping to have more responses by now. If we don't see a few more people willing to enter, I'll post pone this until next year.

BK
I am!!

Mithras
Doombull

25 Feb 2015, 21:24 #11

Is there going to be another competition? I already have some painted stuff that I could submit :)

Beastlord Karankawa
Doombull

01 Mar 2015, 05:03 #12

If there is enough interest, certainly. In a bit of a lull at the moment.
Direwolf FAQ

Mithras
Doombull

02 Mar 2015, 21:00 #13

Any indication of a timeline?

Irtehdar
Minotaur

04 Mar 2015, 02:49 #14

Just tell me when and where to sign up
The greatest trick Malal ever pulled was convincing GW he didn't exist.

You have to consider the possibility that the gods does not like you, never wanted you, and in all probability, they HATE you. It's not the worst thing that can happen. We don't NEED them! F**K damnation, man! F**K redemption! We're the gods unwanted children, SO BE IT!

My Beasties PLOG

Beastlord Karankawa
Doombull

07 Mar 2015, 23:34 #15

Good to see some speaking up, but looking for additional interest still.

Keep them coming!
Direwolf FAQ