Information: This board is currently read-only.

Introduce Your Beastlord

Plaguebeast
Doombull

3:51 AM - May 21, 2005 #1

With work on the Herdstone Campaign up an running again, I encourage you all to start writing some fluff about your Beastlords. Just post a couple of paragraphs on where he is from, how did he rise to power, what he has achieved, his apperance and his character.

NB: Remember, no epic sagas, just a few paragraphs :)

Cheers, Plaguebeast
$AU69.00 FOR 10 PLASTIC BESTIGOLDS? PLAGUEBEAST SAYS "NO!"

I kissed a Pumbagor and I liked it!!!

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"

To taste the wisdom of the Oni, be prepared to salt it with your blood.

GOR[don]
Doombull

10:12 AM - May 23, 2005 #2

is my story good for this or should i write more about where hes from, appearance etc

Alfindeol
Doombull

10:12 PM - May 23, 2005 #3

Beastlord Rhakii

At one time Rhakii was one of Khazrak's loyalist lieutenants, but he was not content to merely be a second in command. He watched Khazrak for years and was drawn to the lord of change slowly. Khazrak watched this change with a jealous eye and during the storm sent Rhakii on many missions that should have assured his death. Tzeentch would not have this and every time Rhakii returned stronger. More and more beasts flocked to Rhakii's banner and Khazrak could feel his hold slip a little. As the storm ended he sent Rhakii with a force south to rally the beasts there, hoping that this time Rhakii would not return....

Although Rhakii is favoured by the Lord of Change and has considerable magic potential, he has, and always will, rule by strength of arm alone.

Great Bray-Shaman Rolgash

While Rhakii was fighting in the south, the shaman Rolgash was watching him curiously. A great vision from Rolgash's lord, Tzeentch, had directed him to this beastlord. With undying loyalty, Rolgash pledged himself to Rhakii's cause. He is Rhakii's second in command and most trusted, if there is such a thing as trust for the children of chaos, ally.
Daggoth wrote:Semantics is really all I have to live for.
Save a tree, Wipe your ass with a Wood Elf.

Beasts Record
45-9-6

Plaguebeast
Doombull

5:15 AM - May 24, 2005 #4

GOR[don]: Just give a general overview of your Beastlord - Alfindeol's post is a pretty good guide for how you should go about it.

Plaguebeast

sexy beast
Doombull

1:34 PM - May 26, 2005 #5

I have my two main characters Skargha and the shaman Ravenclaw. But I still need to write a bio. When I have it, I'll post about them.

Plaquebeast, where is your piece? Don't tell me a fluff buff like you doesn't have anything ready yet.
- Ignore the post above, the poster will change his mind in about 5 minutes time -

Ursca_The_Bray
Doombull

4:28 PM - May 26, 2005 #6

Ursca was found by a herd in the forest as a baby, his human parents having left him there to die.
As Ursca is a bray, he was the lowest of the low, being pushed to the furthest, harshest regions of the camp, ouside even the light of the fire. He had to fight with the chaos hounds for food, and soon became stronger.

One Night, after a successful raid on an empire village, the Beastlord of the herd found himself challenged for leadership of the herd by the young bray. Though the Beastlord laughed at the bray, the herd's shaman informed him that the challenge must go ahead in order to appease the gods.
As soon as the challenge started, both beast's hands bound behind their backs, Ursca snapped his bonds and forced the beastlord against the herdstone using his innate magical power. There, he ripped the beastlord's throat out, and symbolically tore off his horns.

Ursca went on to become the Beastlord of the herd, and supported Khazrak during the storm of chaos. He does not speak much, and then only to the herd's shaman, who tells his wishes to the herd.
In combat, Ursca is terrifying, he is savage and animalistic, even compared to the beasts of chaos. He uses no weapons but his claws and his magical powers boost his strength to incredible levels.
Pete Haines: "Who'd have believed big, crazed, frothing swine could give so much pleasure?"

Tasteyfish: "Screw Australian and US deserts, best place to be in some post apocalyptic wasteland is inside a centuries old fortress filled with various sharp objects and enough giftshop shortbread to last til civilisation re-emerges."

sexy beast
Doombull

6:07 PM - May 26, 2005 #7

Still my favorite piece of fluff that I've read on this forum.
- Ignore the post above, the poster will change his mind in about 5 minutes time -

Ursca_The_Bray
Doombull

11:05 AM - May 27, 2005 #8

:D Thanks Sexy! Keep the ball rolling everyone!
Pete Haines: "Who'd have believed big, crazed, frothing swine could give so much pleasure?"

Tasteyfish: "Screw Australian and US deserts, best place to be in some post apocalyptic wasteland is inside a centuries old fortress filled with various sharp objects and enough giftshop shortbread to last til civilisation re-emerges."

Plaguebeast
Doombull

1:37 PM - May 27, 2005 #9

Also one of my all-time favourites :)

My fluff will be coming soon, I just need some time to write it. Maybe in the next week or so, if not, then after exams in a couple of weeks.

Plaguebeast

GOR[don]
Doombull

1:32 PM - May 28, 2005 #10

ditto

shasolenzabi
Gorebull

10:00 AM - May 30, 2005 #11

Coming soon, Khargath, Khar' Phaos, and the Ryu-Oni =)
Beastmen have no problems with food, all humans taste good with mustard or ketchup!

sexy beast
Doombull

3:03 PM - May 30, 2005 #12

Ok. I have the first piece finished. This is about my general. I've tried to keep it in line with my previous writing. Next I'll do a bit about my shaman Ravenclaw, but I still need to make up some stuff, he has only been an extra in my other stories.

As a young gor Skargha was rundown by a merchant’s cart during a raid. The merchant had fled the trap. And Skargha, trying to prove himself, had tried to stop him. Both his legs were broken and he had sustained internal injuries. He probably wouldn’t have lasted the night.
The other gors left him as food for the warhounds, as a gor you are only as good as your next raid.

As injured as Skargha was, he still managed to strangle the first warhound that approached him. In the moment that life left the warhound, Darkgrave, the shaman, was able to read the dark aura surrounding the young gor and saw a vision of future glory.
He ordered the young gor taken to his cave. When Skargha re emerged from the cave two months later. His injuries were healed, his body was now covered with strange symbols, tattooed and branded onto the skin.
Skargha walked up to the campfire and challenged the foe-render Gharok. The other gors laughed at him, but Gharok was furious and charged Skargha with his axe. Skargha easy sidestepped the charge. As Gharok flew past him, Skargha grabbed him by the horns and in one fluent motion broke his neck. This was his first step to power.
Over the years the young foe-render grew more powerful and now commands a force of a 1000 beasts. Skargha rules by fear. No one knows what Darkgrave did to reanimate Skargha, but some believe he fused a daemon to his body. Some, who knew Skargha from before, say this Skargha has a temper and volatile personality that the old Skargha never showed. (Though not in those words and not to his face)

As his power grew, so did his horns, a gift from his gods. They are big and black, with a serrated edge. Though Skargha is smaller than your average leader, he is powerfully built with thick bones.
Blows from enemies have been known to bounce off of his body.

sexy beast
Doombull

1:16 PM - Jun 02, 2005 #13

This is a piece about my army's shaman.

Ravenclaw, beast shaman of Skargha’s bloodclaws:

About Ravenclaw’s origins not much is known.
In the 4th winter of Skargha’s reign, the warband had stumbled onto hard times. Though his army had had many successes and grown considerably, winter’s snow had kept merchants out of his territory. His successes had depleted the surrounding area of villages to plunder, so the only way to survive was to transgress into another herds’ territory.
And so Skargha had started raiding in the territory of a Doombull, named Khaloz. This had enraged Khaloz and he had hit Skargha’s army hard with his army of Minotaurs.
Though Skargha had tactically outsmarted the Doombull, the sheer might of the enemies army had caused his army to retreat.
That evening after Skargha had crushed a foe-render, who thought he was tough enough to challenge him for leadership, he had retreated to his tent. A dark figure awaited him inside his tent. The shaman Ravenclaw offered to help Skargha against Khaloz for reasons of his own. All Ravenclaw needed were 20 men brought to his cave in the mountains. And if Skargha were victorious against the army of Khaloz, Ravenclaw would claim a place as shaman in Skargha’s army.
4 days after Ravenclaw had been given the 20 men he returned with 20 huge man-beasts. Some looked like bears, some looked like wolves.
With these monsters in his army Skargha crushed Khaloz and his Minotaurs. Skargha himself took the head of the Doombull.
Ravenclaw became a member of Skargha’s army and quickly after that he became Skargha’s most trusted advisor.
The original shaman Darkgrave and his apprentice both died within a year under mysterious circumstances. Skargha didn’t really care. Darkgrave had saved his life once, but with Ravenclaw in his army his power grew quicker than ever before.

Ravenclaw’s own goals remain unknown and towards what destiny he is steering Skargha no one can predict…………..

greymonkey
Foe Render
greymonkey
Foe Render

9:18 PM - Jun 06, 2005 #14

The true origin of the beast known as Gryn is shrouded in mystery. The creature appeared in the area of the Drakwald only recently, but his name and manner lead many to beleive that he has traveled a great distance to come for this time and to this place. His name and manner are similar to those of a creature known to the Kurgan and Norse tribes as brimwylf, scucca, and werga. The creature openly mocks the "fake gods". He walks as a man though covered in a dark fur. Many have tried to slay him, though none return. The creature is a beast of pure hate. One scholar has recently come upon an old Norse writing that may relate to the beast. It reads him of eagum stod ligge gelicost leoht unfaeger, 'from his eyes shone a fire-like, baleful light. Also, brimwylf refers to a waterdog or guardian of water. This coupled with the many encounters of a beast similar to Gryn have been noted around watery areas. One thing is clear. At the arrival of Gryn many a strange beast not before seen in the Drakwald have appeared as if called by the great creature. (For a review of these creatures and the army of Gryn look for a future post. I'll make sure its easy to find by the title. Hope you all like it and understand sort of how I came about it. I'm a big fan.)
Master of useless knowledge.

It's only a lie if you don't believe that it's true. (THATS HOW I PASSED MY POLYGRAPH TESTS!)

8:28 PM - Jun 10, 2005 #15

Chief Heshraa of the Naga was appointed High Chief and Serpentlord of his race at the age of 122 after his father was slain in battle, defending the Temple-City from attack by savage orcs. He'd lived a luxurious life up until that point, as you would expect the son of the High Chief too. He was taught by the Greyskins, the oldest and wisest fo the naga, in the arts of war and schooling. He ate well and lived well. Having been born into a time after the Great Decline he had missed the Golden Age of his kind, yet was constantly reminded of it by the glyphs engraved throughout the deepest tunnels and by the tales told to him as a child.
He was coronted under the Gaze of Sithek, by the High Priest of the Cult, in the Chamber of Blood, before an assembly of the entire populace of the Temple-City. There he recited the ancient laws of his race, decreed by their God and sang of their sacred hymns. Finally, he was adorned with the Sundisk of Everlasting Glory, the sign of rulership and the deed was completed.
Once Serpentlord, one of his first acts was to lead a retaliation against the savage orcs responsible for his fathers death. Though the oldest naga were quick to advise him against this course of action, for they knew their numbers were too few to waste so wantonly, Heshraa was determined to avenge his father and with the support of the younger, rasher naga he led an attack against the orc camp. He was a skilled tactician and had many years of experience with battle. The orcs were ambushed and their leader slain. The rest were scattered to the jungle and it is said so great was the bloodshed that day that Sithek himself lent his aid to his subjects, sending forth a great swarm of writhing serpents to pursue the fleeing savage orcs.
Serpentlord Heshraa is a confident and powerful ruler. He is determined that his race should be preserved and will do everything within his power to do so. He is devoted to the Great God Sithek in his duties. Uncharacteristically for the rulers of the naga, Heshraa is intent on learning more of the outside world. He is sure the key for his race's survival lies beyond the borders of his land and for all his arrogance and confidence in battle, he is a wise and completive ruler.