Bborn Returns!

For all Kings of War discussion, with a particular focus on the Herd.

Bborn Returns!

BeastBookorNot
Doombull

27 Aug 2017, 14:57 #1

Been quite a while since my last post! Years even. I was so angry at THECOMPANYWHOSHALLNOTBENAMED I gave up wargaming all together. My models collected dust and sat useless in the basement. But the call of herd never stopped.

So my brother had been begging me to try KoW for weeks now and I finally did it yesterday. Here's the list I went with not having a clue what I was doing other than knowing movement and flank/rear charges were a key to victory. Here's the list as far as I can remember:

2 x Tribal Hunter troops with bows

Harpy troop

2 x Guardian Brute hordes

Centaur longmane regiment

2 x centaur hunter troops with bows

Tribal chariot horde

Stampede horde with brew of sharpness (OH MY GOD AMAZING)

Chimera with fly

Chieftain on chariot with bow and wine of elvenkind

Centaur chieftain

Guardian champion with ensorcelled armor

I think I'm forgetting a unit but oh well. My plan was to hit the middle with a couple of heavy hammers while my fast troops collapsed a flank to come around in behind. Scenario was domination.

Highlights - centaur hunters are incredibly versatile - fast and long range shots mean they can get around behind units and either shoot or hit moderately hard on the flanks as they are decent in combat - especially on a flank charge. Had one charge the flank of some salamander never unit and got them to waiver so that I could rear charge with longmanes.

Harpies - still a great unit as chaff but definitely can't take down solo characters solo fireball to the face spelled goodnight for these guys.

Stampede - holy mother of god. Obliterates anything in its path. Hitting on 3s and wounding basically anything on 2s with 30 attacks!? Exploded his big horde of melee guys all by themselves - did like 20 damage.

Tribal chariots - fun but don't hit as hard as the stampede. I think I would rather have the much smaller footprint of the stampede and pay the extra for them. I loved that they had bows so they weren't useless sitting back waiting for a charge.

Chimera - ok. Not sure if it's worth 50 points for flying but I made the mistake of holding him back in reserve as I wa afraid of shooting. Really easy to set up for flank and rear charges though if I use him better. Will try again. Combo charged a fire drake with lord on top, chimera in the flank and brutes to the front. Turned him into a pink mist.

Tribal hunters - super cheap throwaway chaff that I managed to get a flank charge on the ghekkos and obliterated them so that was kinda cool. I liked the long range bows.

Guardian brutes - I used these guys thinking they were a hammer but they are more like an anvil 5+ def finally makes minotaurs hard to kill!

Guardian champion - loved him as a solo anvil - 6+ def is just nasty

Other characters - added some nice flavor but overall I didn't feel like they added much. Might go with less characters next time.

Overall I had basically obliterated all his big units by turn 3. I only lost come of my chaff units and had a little damage on some of my other units. Flank and rear charged rock - so I know I'll like to keep playing a fast army. Probably change it up and get 2/3 stampedes in the center and a ton of fast units for the flanks. Centaurs are REALLY good now.
- BBorN

Ungor ninjas are all around us, practicing their deadly art of invisibility.

It's not the size of the Herdstone it's how you use it!

<a href="http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/in ... =22688">My Battle Reports</a href>

Harvesters of Sorrow (Background and Army List)

Harvesters of Sorrow (Painting Diary)
snowblizz @ Jan 10 2014, 07:26 PM wrote: EBON may be a lousy yank git, but he's our lousy yank git. :thumbsup:

gjnoronh
Doombull

28 Aug 2017, 20:59 #2

Awesome man. Glad you are enjoying it and glad to hear you are playing again.

I'm not hosting KoW at Da Boyz but Corey is running KoW at Crossroads this year. I think it's the biggest KoW event in NY.

Love to see you out again!http://www.crossroads-gt.com/
Are we in a golden Age of Fantasy? Check this out
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/ ... n-age.html

BeastBookorNot
Doombull

18 Sep 2017, 21:15 #3

I would love to get back into the tourney scene but man I just have no time for anything anymore. Hell I haven't even played my Xbox one for 6 months!
- BBorN

Ungor ninjas are all around us, practicing their deadly art of invisibility.

It's not the size of the Herdstone it's how you use it!

<a href="http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/in ... =22688">My Battle Reports</a href>

Harvesters of Sorrow (Background and Army List)

Harvesters of Sorrow (Painting Diary)
snowblizz @ Jan 10 2014, 07:26 PM wrote: EBON may be a lousy yank git, but he's our lousy yank git. :thumbsup:

gjnoronh
Doombull

21 Sep 2017, 20:41 #4

I hear you.
I haven't painted a full army since my first child was born. Actually why I'm doing more blood bowl as I can paint a complete team in only 11-16 models. Still just putting finishing touches on an orc team I started in November.

But if you already have the minis built and painted (and I know you do!) it's a smaller ask to ask the wife to let you get a weekend away for gaming every few months then it is for a weekly 'game night.' At least in my family.

That's actually why I switched to being a GT gamer more then anything for most of 8th. I could just get go to one of these events and get 5-7 games in over the weekend and really it wasn't much of a hassle comparatively for the wife (we both work weekends from time to time so we are used to going solo on child care for most of the weekend.)

Gary
Are we in a golden Age of Fantasy? Check this out
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/ ... n-age.html