why do YOU use herbal remedies and other complementary medicine?

why do YOU use herbal remedies and other complementary medicine?

June 17th, 2011, 3:28 pm #1

Hi There ! I am trying to understand why people use Complementary and Alternative medicines, I'm currently a student of Health Psychology and for my thesis I am investigating this question, looking at the beliefs and motivations of the people who make these medical choices.

I would like to invite anyone who has ever used Complementary medicine or therapies to participate in my study, it only involves you filling out my online questionnaire which takes about 15 minutes, and is totally anonymous.

The study has been fully ratified by the University of Derby ethics committee and all the information about the study is provided in a brief before you start. (there is also full debrief with my contact details)

I am desperate for a more participants as my numbers are too low, so if you feel like doing a good deed today, I would be ETERNALLY grateful for your time! Just follow the link below, thanks in advance

http://turvill.limequery.com/54179/lang-en

paul smith
paul smith

December 3rd, 2011, 4:22 pm #2

Hi Alistair/all members

I have just joined the Herb Society as I have more than just a passing interest regarding Herbs, I seem to be drawn into the tremendously interesting world of Herbs,this probably stems from my passion for cooking, the use of spices etc, my thirst for knowledge and preference for a more natural lifestyle using natural remedies rather than conventional medicine if possible.
However I like you have embarked on a personal research project.I am taking a part-time degree course at Askham Bryan College in York on Landscape and Horticulture.
I initially started thoughts for the project around Horticulural Therapy and eventually developed into Herbal therapy.

I would be extremely interested in the results you achieved in your survey questionnaire as I will be conducting a random survey of public perception of Herbal therapy sometime in the new year.

I would be grateful if I could go thru the questionnaire even though it may now be out of date.

I would also be very grateful to yourself and other members for any contribution they could add to what I now deem to be quite a daunting subject for my project!!

Kind Regards

Paul Smith

December 3rd, 2011, 11:05 pm #3

Hi There ! I am trying to understand why people use Complementary and Alternative medicines, I'm currently a student of Health Psychology and for my thesis I am investigating this question, looking at the beliefs and motivations of the people who make these medical choices.

I would like to invite anyone who has ever used Complementary medicine or therapies to participate in my study, it only involves you filling out my online questionnaire which takes about 15 minutes, and is totally anonymous.

The study has been fully ratified by the University of Derby ethics committee and all the information about the study is provided in a brief before you start. (there is also full debrief with my contact details)

I am desperate for a more participants as my numbers are too low, so if you feel like doing a good deed today, I would be ETERNALLY grateful for your time! Just follow the link below, thanks in advance

http://turvill.limequery.com/54179/lang-en
Hi Paul

It's been a long time since this thread began, so I suggest you contact Alistair through his email address which can be accessed from the blue link on his name at the top right hand corner of his post.

Good luck with your studies.

Sarah