evening primrose

evening primrose

penny sloman
penny sloman

August 3rd, 2012, 6:28 pm #1

Hello everyone,

I have found a load of evening primrose but cant fine anything on tincture percentages and ratios, infusing it macerating it,what part to use, in fact any information except getting the oil - which i dont want to do (also because i dont know what to do). I would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Penny.

August 20th, 2012, 8:24 pm #2

Hi Penny,

Take a look at Kiva Rose Hardin's article on Evening Primrose.http://animacenter.org/oenothera.html. She was the first herbalist to bring evening primrose to my attention and then it self seeded in my garden so I have been using the flowers for a while.

I have made the burns honey with equal parts evening primrose and bergamot flowers and rose petals steeped for 4-6 weeks. I made an evening primrose tincture using the same method as I do for everything else - stuff a jam jar full of flowers, cover with vodka, podge with a chopstick to remove air bubbles then fill the jar with more vodka so all plant material is covered. Seal the jam jar with a screw top lid and let sit in a cool dark place for three weeks shaking ocassionally. Strain into a bottle, label and date.

I use the tincture in my grief formula sometimes when there is a digestive upset associated with the general unhappiness.

Hope this is helpful.

Sarah

penny sloman
penny sloman

August 30th, 2012, 11:24 am #3

Hello everyone,

I have found a load of evening primrose but cant fine anything on tincture percentages and ratios, infusing it macerating it,what part to use, in fact any information except getting the oil - which i dont want to do (also because i dont know what to do). I would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Penny.
Dear Sarah

Thank you very much, i have adopted your way of making tinctures so that will be very useful.

Penny