Below is a copy of the journal page which has now been updated with news on the latest issue of Herbs which will arrive through our members letter boxes from the 5th December. As most of council were involved with contributing to this issue and with the contents, we'd love to hear what you think about this issue of Herbs when you get your copy.
<table width="700" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="349">
<img height="285" alt="Cover of the latest issue of Herbs" src="http://www.herbsociety.org.uk/herbs/herbs33_4-b.jpg" width="200" border="0">
Plus Regular Items
- Herb Society News - Including Flick's Admin Spot and Notes From The Webmistress . </li>
- Book Reviews by Debs Cook </li>
- Case Notes: Palpitations </li>
- Medical herbalists in your area. </li>
- Classifieds </li>
- UK Herb Diary Round Up </li>
- <strong>2008 AGM Report </strong>- The annual update for all members of the Herb Society by <strong><em>Debs Cook</em></strong>.
- <strong>CITIES - The Herb Trade And Rare Plants </strong>- <strong><em>Sue Minter</em></strong> explains the murky world of endangered herbs and our need to be aware of what we are buying.
- <strong>Cowdray Park Walled Garden - Courtly Love And Turf Seats With Runner Beans </strong>- <em><strong>Gwenneth Raybould</strong></em>, discovers a modern garden inspired by the 16th century.
Don't miss the voucher inside this issue exclusively for Herb Society members which gives 2 people free entry into Cowdray Park Walled Garden plus free tea/coffee and cake for two, terms and conditions apply, see journal for full details.</em></span>
- Myrtle - An exploration of mythological references, medicinal and soothing properties of this classic ancient herb by <em><strong>Dr Josephine Walker</strong></em>.
- <strong>An Xmas Quiz For Plantaholics </strong>- Pit your wits and give your brain a work out, even if you give the gym a miss.
- <strong>Christmas Is Coming </strong>- <em><strong>Jenny Jones</strong></em> gives us a delightful range of remedies to bring harmony back into our lives.
- <strong>Festive Foods </strong>- Gloriously indulgent and wonderfully satisfying to all our senses, these recipes from <em><strong>Linda Harrold</strong></em> and <em><strong>Mike Cullen</strong></em> are a delight!
- <strong>In Your Herb Garden This Season - <em>Garden Organic's </em></strong>useful plan of action for your herb garden this winter.
- <strong>My Life In Herbs </strong>- <strong><em>Jan Greenland</em></strong>'s beautiful account of her life history with herbs.
- <strong>Plant Profile: Arnica </strong>-<strong> <em>Michael Bate</em></strong>, head gardener at Weleda, gives us the low down on this Alpine herb.
- <strong>Soothing Herbs - Pampering Herbs - </strong>we all need a bit of pampering, so why not chill out with these soothing recipes.