Access Course for BSc Herbal Medicine

Access Course for BSc Herbal Medicine

Alan
Alan

May 24th, 2006, 5:29 am #1

Some Forum Members may be interested to know that the 'Discovering Herbal Medicine Course' (www.newvitality.org.uk) is now recognised as an Access Course for admission to the programme for BSc(Hons) Herbal Medicine (Phytotherapy), a distance-learning degree at the University of East London
Alan

July 14th, 2006, 10:07 am #2

I have just enrolled on this course (eagerly awaiting study materials!). Has anyone else done the same?

July 14th, 2006, 10:43 am #3

Hi Jacqueline,
This is a new course similar to the one that was run by the College of Phytotherapy. It has been updated by Ann Walker and Alan Lakin, members of the Herb Society Council.

I did the older course and really enjoyed it. It inspired me to study the subject in greater depth, when I had more time. It may be about 20 years since I did it and have had to discard my old papers due to lack of space. I have kept my certificate though.

A very good book that would go with the course is David Hoffmann’s Holistic Herbal.

Congratulations on starting the course. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Regards, Audrey

Janet Blundell
Janet Blundell

July 15th, 2006, 5:39 am #4

I have just enrolled on this course (eagerly awaiting study materials!). Has anyone else done the same?
yes, I too, have enrolled. I have completed and had returned my first component. I am now working through the 2nd component.

It requires a lot of reading!!! but worth it. I'm especially interested in the herbs that are used in the course. I'm gradually introducing them to my own herb garden!

If you want to share thoughts, etc, Ishall be able to make contact with you.

Janet