hard mass? cancer?

hard mass? cancer?

worried
worried

August 23rd, 2006, 5:24 pm #1

I massage twice per day and I have noticed a growing "mass" on my left side. It feels hard but not really circular. I want to get it checked out but I don't have insurance (the state just cut us off and we can't apply through work until Feb). So, my question: Have you ever had (or do you have) any lumps/masses? How does you tissue feel after using wonderup and experiencing growth? (I do have some fullness now though I'm worred that it may be cancer rather than tissue growth). Thank you for your comments!

(p.s. I'm 25, 34aa, have cancer in my family history and one benign lump on my right side)

xxoo

Earth Mother
Earth Mother

August 24th, 2006, 6:32 am #2

As far as I know, when breasts grow they just get bigger. There is not anything specific you can feel. Remember when your breasts grew in puberty? Although I realise that if you are an AA cup perhaps you didn't experience much breast growth in puberty. If you've found something there's lots of things it could be, a fibrocyst for example which are very common. Unless you have a proper mammogram I don't know how else you could find out. I don't think anyone here can give you medical advice, except to say that you need to get it properly checked out.

OC Mom
OC Mom

August 24th, 2006, 4:16 pm #3

Worried, I'm sure everyone here would agree w/Earth Mother: while it may be nothing serious, we can't give you medical advice, and you need to be examined. Have you spoken with your ob/gyn? Perhaps there's a preliminary step to having a mammogram that he/she could recommend. Or, maybe his/her office staff even knows of a way you could secure financial assistance or a reduced rate for a mammogram. I don't know how likely that is, but surely it doesn't hurt to make inquiries!

elle
elle

August 24th, 2006, 7:11 pm #4

yea i agree you should always get checked out asap, knowing what it is will put your mind at rest too, and if it's anything to worry about then it can be treated fast. i am not sure how the medical system works for your country. but if there is anyway you can get checked out i would say it's worth paying for because you never know. when i was younger and growing my whole breast went lumpy for a week, so it could be a growing thing, but i really urge you to go to the doctor to be safe

Sharon Rose
Sharon Rose

August 24th, 2006, 8:51 pm #5

Now you mention it Elle I remember the same thing. When I was growing in puberty I recall that one of my breasts went lumpy for about 2 or 3 weeks, so I think you're right, it might just be a growing thing. But as you said it still needs to be checked out to be on the safe side.