Eczema

Eczema

Jo
Jo

April 5th, 2004, 6:47 pm #1

I know this is nothing to do with wonderup, but seeing there are so many of you with so many ideas on this board, can someone help? I have twin daughters of 12, and one of them has developed severe Eczema on her arms and now on her face. I have tried every cream known to man. Has anyone got any other ideas! I would be grateful.

luc
luc

April 5th, 2004, 9:20 pm #2

Oatmeal placed in a muslin bag (or stocking) and tied to the bath taps so that the water runs through into the bath is said to help, although I haven't any personal experience of it. Worth a try I should think. Hope it helps. x

jo
jo

April 6th, 2004, 12:43 pm #3

Thanks for that tip, I have tried that myself for a treat in the bath, but not for eczema. I will give it a go.

Eve
Eve

April 6th, 2004, 5:49 pm #4

I know this is nothing to do with wonderup, but seeing there are so many of you with so many ideas on this board, can someone help? I have twin daughters of 12, and one of them has developed severe Eczema on her arms and now on her face. I have tried every cream known to man. Has anyone got any other ideas! I would be grateful.
Do you know what's causing the eczema? Maybe soap or something of that kind? Soap can irritate the skin as can bubble bath. Rubbing can also make the skin irritable, so being careful when using towels may help. Washing powder or conditioner residue can also be a cause of eczema, so maybe use a non-perfumed conditioner and always use a washing cycle with 2 rinses. It might be a problem with dust mites. Some people with eczema find frequent vacuuming of the bedroom carpets helps as well as keeping the temperature and humidity down. Cool dry air keeps dust mites at bay and also keeps the skin dry. What about feather pillows or duvets? That can be a cause of skin allergies, as can pets. The main problem with eczema is that there are so many things that could be causing it and it might be none of the things mentioned here.

jo
jo

April 6th, 2004, 7:47 pm #5

Thanks for your help. I think the main cause of one of my twins eczema is that she is so hyperactive, I am forever telling her to calm down.She talks at ten to the dozen. The other one is more laid back. We are trying out the oatmeal bath at the moment. I feel sorry for her as it looks so hideous, and is really itchy.