Concerned!!

Concerned!!

Sarah
Sarah

October 7th, 2010, 6:42 pm #1

I'm concidering Wonderup. But I've come across one of the herbs (Goats Rue), as a milk stimulant. My concern is that I only want to use wonderup as an enhancer (I'm a size AA). Will someone tell me if this herb will still produce milk. and if so, is it dangerous???
Really concerned.

Kerry
Kerry

October 9th, 2010, 9:52 am #2

Actually - quite a few of the herbs in Wonderup can be used as galactogogues (milk stimulants) not just goat's rue. I think you'll find that most of the Wonderup herbs have that property, but for them to help with milk flow you need to be pregnant first. None of them will help milk flow unless you're lactating in the first place.

Sally S
Sally S

October 12th, 2010, 9:31 am #3

Hi Kerry, yes you're right, I think most of what is in Wonderup would help with a mother's milk flow, but I think the term is galactagogue rather than galactogogue, not that it matters.

Babs
Babs

March 17th, 2012, 2:39 pm #4

I'm concidering Wonderup. But I've come across one of the herbs (Goats Rue), as a milk stimulant. My concern is that I only want to use wonderup as an enhancer (I'm a size AA). Will someone tell me if this herb will still produce milk. and if so, is it dangerous???
Really concerned.
Yes these herbs will only help with lactation if you're lactating already! They won't help improve your milk supply if you're not lactating.