Smith and Wesson Escape Challenge

Smith and Wesson Escape Challenge

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 5:23 pm #1

I read the site off and on and have a question. I can do simple escapes, locking picking etc.

My friend has challenged me to escape from Smith and Wesson Model 1900 Leg Irons with a "special" lock, a waist chain, a blue box, and smith and wesson model 100 hand cuffs with with a "special" lock. Is it possible to do this? Am I nuts for trying he wont show me the cuffs until I agree to it. What type of lock is this? He said they are production cuffs.

I have picked plenty of handcuffs before with relative ease. Although I have never had a pair of Leg Irons on I have very small ankles and I think with the shape of the Smith and Wesson's I should be able to slip them off my ankle with ease.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 5:43 pm #2

I should also mention the waist chain was to be locked with a padlock and handcuffs and leg irons are to be double locked. He will give me 4 hours to escape at the end if I escape I will get a nominal $50.00 for my trouble if I fail I will have to wear the cuffs for 8 hours.

I am younger so the $50.00 is quite enticing and wearing them for 8 hours if I fail doesnt seem like that big a deal.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 6:12 pm #3

I read the site off and on and have a question. I can do simple escapes, locking picking etc.

My friend has challenged me to escape from Smith and Wesson Model 1900 Leg Irons with a "special" lock, a waist chain, a blue box, and smith and wesson model 100 hand cuffs with with a "special" lock. Is it possible to do this? Am I nuts for trying he wont show me the cuffs until I agree to it. What type of lock is this? He said they are production cuffs.

I have picked plenty of handcuffs before with relative ease. Although I have never had a pair of Leg Irons on I have very small ankles and I think with the shape of the Smith and Wesson's I should be able to slip them off my ankle with ease.
http://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/smwemo100cuh.html

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 6:14 pm #4

I think those would have to be it and I looked they also do the leg irons which I dont think Ill have to pick since they should slip off with some effort.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 6:15 pm #5

http://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/cuhisetrbox.html

Joseph Fox
Joseph Fox

January 12th, 2011, 6:41 pm #6

IMHO--Wearing a double-locked pair of ASSA Cuffs & Legirons...will be near impossible to 'pick'

(hint: get another ASSA key--and do a key-switch).

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm #7

What exactly does the "bluebox" do. Assuming they cant be picked how can I get them off? I dont think I can slip the handcuffs off. Are the ankle cuffs more of a challenge than I think to slip off as well? I dont think a keyswitch will be possible. Knowing him he will leave the keys at home put them on me and let me try to escape and then get the keys if necessary.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 7:18 pm #8

The 'bluebox' will prevent you from gaining access to the keyhole on the cuffs. All this means is that you would have to pick the padlock that holds the box shut before you could try to pick the handcuff locks. Not knowing how small your ankles are, I would think that if the cuffs were locked tightly you would not be able to do this easily.

January 12th, 2011, 7:22 pm #9

Hello,

"Bluebox" may be a generic term your challenger is using for a transport box, in this case one specifically made for the S&W high security retrofit, (a link for which appears in "annons" second post.) A transport box is a handcuff cover that encases the handcuff and most importantly, the keyholes. Typically used in conjuction with a belly chain and martin link, these boxes can be secured by virtually any padlock.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2011, 7:34 pm #10

Well I guess the bluebox could provide quite a bit of a problem. I think I understand what it does not but it seems it also makes the cuffs almost rigid; I have tried a waist chain he has before and the padlock was behind my back. If its behind the back and I cant reach it is another way to get around the bluebox? Is it normal for the padlock to end up behind your back? I have a 28" waist if that matters.

I asked him what kind of padlock he was using and he said its also an Abloy padlock.

I just measured for reference my ankles are 8.25" inches around just on top of the bone.

Confirmation of reply: