Burdick leg irons?

Mike
Mike

November 25th, 2017, 12:02 am #1

I'm trying to figure out what these things are and their possible value. They seem to be too big to be handcuffs (they slip right off my wrists), but I also have read the Burdick leg irons are kinda rare? The 2nd picture has the constant/lighting adjusted so you can see the engraving better.

November 25th, 2017, 1:16 am #2

Very cool! They do look like the rare Burdick Leg irons to me. I am not aware of them ever making an "oversize" cuff version?
-Richard Knip-

banker
banker

November 25th, 2017, 1:27 am #3

I'm trying to figure out what these things are and their possible value. They seem to be too big to be handcuffs (they slip right off my wrists), but I also have read the Burdick leg irons are kinda rare? The 2nd picture has the constant/lighting adjusted so you can see the engraving better.

$1500 plus

Interested
Interested

November 25th, 2017, 2:56 am #4

If you're considering selling them please put them on eBay so we will all have a fair chance and you can get the most money for them

Interested 2
Interested 2

November 25th, 2017, 3:20 am #5

Start the bidding at $1500.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 25th, 2017, 4:57 am #6

They don't look "right" to me ............ I thought that Burdicks had a circular key, at least the few I've seen!

See following links:

Lars Holst:

http://restraintsblog.blogspot.com/2009 ... d-leg.html

Handcuffs.Org

http://www.network54.com/Forum/261154/t ... t+Auctions

November 25th, 2017, 5:05 am #7

The handcuff folder on the main page of this site shows a Burdick Chain Cuff with the above key. This and the round are the only two versions I have ever seen.
-RK-

Nils
Nils

November 25th, 2017, 8:46 am #8

Cool cuffs.

I'm also interested how you hosted the images, because that has been a problem lately. It seems "tinypic.com" is also a photobucket company!

© 2004-2017 TinyPic®, a Photobucket Video & Photo Sharing Company

About Terms Legal & Privacy Help?

November 27th, 2017, 12:57 am #9

Hi all,

I made an 'official' account I think. These aren't for sale. I was just trying to see if indeed they were the Burdick leg irons. I tried to find the patent on Google's patent search but I can't find any for leg irons, generally do the handcuff patents cover both the hand cuff and leg iron version? (I'm quite new to this whole handcuff world)

Also, as far as hosting the image I uploaded it to Tinypic and then clicked view image full size and then I right clicked on it and selected 'copy image source' (this is in Google Chrome, I don't think Internet Explorer has that option). That will copy the exact image location. You should note: most site use HTTPS and HTTPS doesn't automatically post in-line on these forums so you'll need to remove the S for it to post.

Mark Lyons
Mark Lyons

November 27th, 2017, 9:32 pm #10

Here is a pic of my Burdick Leg Irons which look identical to the pair above.
I believe my key is an original.

mark
O-------O

Confirmation of reply: