Bean Chain Cuff?

Bean Chain Cuff?

April 13th, 2018, 4:56 am #1

I was looking through one of my old hard drives and came across this picture. I don't remember where I downloaded it from and I don't remember ever even seeing the photo before. Was this cuff ever manufactured? Does anyone have one in their collection?

[url[/img][/url]

April 13th, 2018, 6:20 am #2

April 13th, 2018, 7:25 am #3

I was looking through one of my old hard drives and came across this picture. I don't remember where I downloaded it from and I don't remember ever even seeing the photo before. Was this cuff ever manufactured? Does anyone have one in their collection?

[url[/img][/url]
Thanks for the response and the link Paul.

I had thought about the Wood cuff but dismissed it due to the way the way the chain in the Bean catalog pic appears to be in one unbroken circle unlike the Wood cuff and the difference in the key holes as compared to the ones in a pre or post patent Wood cuff. With the date of the catalog listed in the earlier link as being 1886 it completely rules out it being a Wood cuff. But I would assume that at least a prototype must have been made or else how would they know that the finished product would weigh 10 ozs?

Not factory made
Not factory made

April 13th, 2018, 10:02 am #4

[url[/img][/url]
One was produced by Ian McColl as a commission from Ray McKee in the 1980's. Ray McKee sold his original collection for health reason before starting again in the 2000s

Spencer
Spencer

April 14th, 2018, 12:42 pm #5

[url[/img][/url]
Glenn.....if you can give me a way to contact you outside of this forum I have something that might interest you.

April 14th, 2018, 7:34 pm #6

[url[/img][/url]
Hey Spencer,

You can reach me @

gmmapp72@gmail.com

Confirmation of reply: