A century gone by... and I miss something!

A century gone by... and I miss something!

Atame
Atame

July 7th, 2012, 4:55 pm #1

Hello fellow collectors,

did I really miss something? It's 2012 and I haven't seen the 100th anniversary edition of a Peerless model? There was the 95th anniversary edition, so I thought that a century will surely be more of a cause to come out with something special!

Best regards,
Guenter
www.Cuffsland.com

Chris Patzer
Chris Patzer

July 7th, 2012, 6:34 pm #2

Peerless started in 1914. The 95th anniversary handcuff came out in 2009. They are planning a new and different commemorative handcuff for 2014. They will be available at www.handcuffwarehouse.com

Atame
Atame

July 7th, 2012, 10:43 pm #3

Hello fellow collectors,

did I really miss something? It's 2012 and I haven't seen the 100th anniversary edition of a Peerless model? There was the 95th anniversary edition, so I thought that a century will surely be more of a cause to come out with something special!

Best regards,
Guenter
www.Cuffsland.com
Thank you, Chris!

I thought that the patent date Feb. 20, 1912 would be the base.

Now I am very curious to see the commemorative handcuff in 2014.

Best regards,
Guenter

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 12:28 am #4

Hello fellow collectors,

Best regards,
Guenter
www.Cuffsland.com
2014 would be their 101st year unless there is a specific date.

Dorson
Dorson

July 8th, 2012, 4:30 am #5

Hello fellow collectors,

Best regards,
Guenter
www.Cuffsland.com
Taken directly from the Peerless Handcuff site....

Peerless Handcuff Company was established in 1914 in Springfield, Massachusetts. Over ninety years later the classic swing through design of the original PeerlessĀ® handcuff continues to be an industry standard.

James Milton Gill founded the company after purchasing the patent for a new handcuff design that would revolutionize the law enforcement profession. The inventor was George Carney. Carneys innovation was the now familiar swing through self locking handcuff.

Confirmation of reply: