December Promotions

Do you think that you've improved lately? Are you happy with your newest graphics? If so, this is your place.

December Promotions

.prizma
Heroe

30 Nov 2015, 23:06 #1

Form:

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gallery Link:[/b]
[b]Current Rank/level:[/b]
[b]Challenge Filled:[/b]
[url=LINK TO CHALLENGE]CHALLENGE NAME[/url]

[Gallery]

Thank you Chelsea, Tomi, and Amanda for the beautiful gifts!

.crusnik
Heroe

30 Nov 2015, 23:30 #2

Username: .crusnik
Gallery Link: See siggy <3
Current Rank/level: Olympians // Lv. 11 (Hera)
Challenge Filled:
57. Cat Lover Coloring
56. Holiday Header
129. Pick A Number Signature
Signature: Big Hair, Don't Care (GOTM)

PROMOTED TO OLYMPIAN & 12 STARS (ZEUS)

Your newer graphics are there for the next level. Clean out your older blends and work on varying the colors in your colorizations to make them pop more. Each one has a cast to them (brown or green for example). Try using some adjustment layers to add a bit of lighting and pop at the end! Those two things are next to get to Titan. Your icon compositions are amazing, just watch for focal issues on a few of your multiple model ones. Good luck!
&#8976; awards head mod &#8976; graphics gallery &#8976; wall of glory &#8976; happy holidays hoh!

Thank you Chelsea, Jess, Amanda, Faye, Tomi & Lindri for the lovely gifts!

wanderlust.
Heroe

30 Nov 2015, 23:38 #3

Username: ivy & rowan
Gallery Link: In the sig <3<3
Current Rank/level: Muses - Euterpe (level 7)
Challenge Filled:
57. Cat Lover Coloring

PROMOTED TO MUSE & 8 STARS (CLIO)

Continue to work on your variety of model sizes in your icons, and other graphics, but especially icons. Really work on that difference between large and small (50% smaller!) Work on varying your focal point on your banners and continue to work on banners, icons, and colorizations for the next level. Some of the colors (skin in particular) aren't as realistic looking as they could be. Your signatures are definitely there!
Ana &#124;&#124; gallery &#124;&#124; Lyra Steadfast@PW

Thank you bonesaw, Tomi, gasoline <3<3

sanctified
Heroe

01 Dec 2015, 03:07 #4

Username: sanctified
Gallery Link: in sig
Current Rank/level: Aphrodite
Challenge Filled:
112. Lucy Hale Retouch

NOT PROMOTED

To get to that next group work on getting your banners there. The other types, especially blends, are at the next level. Colorizations are for the most part good but the skin could be more realistic looking. Next, really focus on negative space. You have a very busy compositional style and adding some negative space will help balance out the graphic and enhance your focal point. Keep it up!
need you like water &#124;&#124; deviantART &#124;&#124; wattpad

thank you so much for the amazing gifts, Fayebae, paynetrain, Pyrogodflame, .prizma, Sylvador, valentine~, bonesaw, Photoshopfreak Lotus, Carllonka, and Tomi! <3

florexxed
Heroe

01 Dec 2015, 05:30 #5

Username: Florexxed
Gallery Link: In siggy.
Current Rank/level: Human.
Challenge Filled:
126. Nicholas Hoult Banner

PROMOTED TO MUSE & 8 STARS (CLIO)

Your icons and signatures for the most part look great and come together nicely. Really work on model hierarchy as often they are either too similar in size or their sizes aren't proportioned - ie: you will sometimes have a big model with a super tiny model. Your blends are holding you back from the higher levels, so focus on those, working on the compositions and focal points. Try also to break away from the central focal point.

sylvador
Heroe

01 Dec 2015, 16:13 #6

Username: sylvador
Gallery Link: in my sig
Current Rank/level: human
Challenge Filled:
big hair don't care signature

PROMOTED TO MUSE & 5 STARS (MELPOMENE)

You have some lovely pieces (banners and last blend) that are at the next grouping, but be careful about image quality. Some of the models/graphics look grainy and/or blurry which plays down the quality of a graphic. This is especially noticible in the signatures and blends, and could the lighting or the textures being used. Nice work!
thanks to bonesaw for the wonderful gift!

Ales
Heroe
Ales
Heroe

01 Dec 2015, 17:29 #7

Username: Ales
Gallery Link: Gallery
Current Rank/level:Dionysus (Olympians)
Challenge Filled:
Ashlee Green (AOTW)
Chapter Image: Appreciation(GOTM
129. Pick A Number Signature
123. Hailee Steinfeld Banner
99. Andrew Garfield Blend

PROMOTED TO OLYMPIAN & 2 STARS (HERMES)

Your gallery could use a good clean out in a lot of sections (particularly in the blends, chapters and signatures). You have great icons, so focus on the other sections for the next level. For colorizations, the skin and hair aren't very realistic looking and her images seem a tad bit over sharpened. Keep up the great work!
CALL ME ALEX <3
Graphic Tumblr &#124; deviantart.com &#124; My Gallery &#124; Hall of Glory

big thanks to Amanda (Photoshopfreak), Tomi and Chelsea (bonesaw). <3

01 Dec 2015, 18:09 #8

b]Username:[/b] Photoshopfreak
Gallery Link: Heart of Stone
Current Rank/level: Athena Level 7
Challenge Filled:
Wake Up Banner
Made In The AM Signature

PROMOTED TO OLYMPIAN & 8 STARS (DEMETER)

You have a lot of beautiful pieces and so much improvement since the last promo! Clean out some of the older ones that are still a bit lower in quality. Be careful about models with missing limbs (such imperfections should be hidden behind either stock or texture or subtly blended with its surroundings). Continue to add negative space and vary those croppings on the icons even more. Example, the Ana set still has mostly central focal points. Keep working on skintone on the colorizations and watch some of the edges (like the last one).
Thank you Tomi and Sativa!!!

Gallery -- HOF

01 Dec 2015, 20:09 #9

Username: ImmortalDesires
Gallery Link: You Belive Something I Can't Define
Current Rank/level: Olympians Level 4 - Ares
Challenge Filled:

132 - The Rise of Amy Jackson
Chapter Image GOTM - Appreciation

NOT PROMOTED

Your banners are definitely the next level, and signatures are not far behind so focus more on icons and blends, to get to the next level. Really work on adding negative space to your icons. The focal points on your multiple model icons are also very unclear and fractured. Just like a blend, you still need a clear one, even in that small space. Your colorizations are pretty good, maybe just tweak the hair and skin colors a little bit.

JESS - HEAD MOD

Thank you Chelsea, Tomi, Cass, Lindri for the amazing gifts <333

GRAPHICS GALLERY WALL OF GLORY

crystalrayne
Heroe

02 Dec 2015, 05:22 #10

Username: crystal rayne
Gallery Link:
gallery

Current Rank/level: human

Challenge Filled:
Jenna Coleman Signature
Banner: Victoria's Secret Shoot
Icons: Scenic
Cat lover coloring
lucy hale retouch
nina Dobrev Big Icons
Saoirse Ronan Big Icons

PROMOTED TO MUSE & 4 STARS (POLYHYMNIA)

Work at better defining the focal point of your graphics. Try not to place the text so far away from your main model, which is distracting and draws the eye away from it. Work on size variety of the models, as a number are similar in size throughout the graphics. Your first two icon sets are lovely and at the next level! Keep it up!

nerium
Heroe

02 Dec 2015, 17:44 #11

Username: nerium
Gallery Link: in sig
Current Rank/level: dionysus (Olympians)
Challenge Filled:
Candice Accola Retouch

NOT PROMOTED

Your newest icon set is at the next level, so continue on that path to get the section there. The others need more variety in model sizes and croppings. Work on composition complexity and focal point in your signatures and banners, as well as model proximity. The elements, even spread across the canvas, still have to feel connected.

CHALLENGE MODERATOR
&#9827; GALLERY &#9827; DEVIANTART &#9827; WE&#9829;IT &#9827; W:O:G

Gallixie
Heroe

06 Dec 2015, 04:11 #12

Username: Gallixie
Gallery Link: in my sig <3
Current Rank/level: Aphrodite
Challenge Filled:
chloe bennet icons
keira knightley colorization

PROMOTED TO OLYMPIAN & 4 STARS (ARES)

Your icons are the next level, as are most of your signatures., however, your banners and blends are holding you back. Clean out some of the older banners and watch that you don't always have model - text. Try and work on incorporating your text more into the composition. Watch that you don't have too much negative space, leaving an air of unfinished to some of the pieces (banners and blends specifically). Colorizations are good for the most part, just work on bringing more "life" to them.

.prizma
Heroe

06 Dec 2015, 06:12 #13

Username: .prizma
Gallery Link: signature!
Current Rank/level: Demeter, 8 stars
Challenge Filled: Chloe Bennet Icons!

(YES I AM LAZY and know I did it)

PROMOTED TO OLYMPIAN & 9 STARS (HADES)

Your icons and signatures are definitely there, and blends are close behind. Focus on banners a bit more as they don't come together quite as nicely as the rest of the graphics (second banner excluded). Colorizations are pretty good, just be careful with contrast and maybe keep experimenting with hair and skin color.

[Gallery]

Thank you Chelsea, Tomi, and Amanda for the beautiful gifts!

Jayy ღ
Heroe

06 Dec 2015, 23:28 #14

Username: Jayy
Gallery Link: in mah sig.
Current Rank/level: umm. i almost wrote demeter cuz i just read yours xD but no. um. checks rank poseidon, level 10
Challenge Filled:
ugh, i'm lazy too. GOTM challenges. and a couple AOTW challenges. i promise i did them.

also, i know my banner section is entirely the same, but i DID update my icons. so that's a thing.
i swear i'll stop avoiding banners at some point.

PROMOTED TO OLYMPIAN & 11 STARS (HERA)

Your icons and chapters are definitely the next level. Signatures and blends are also really good, however a clean out would be beneficial. Concentrate on banners as you have few pieces here; maybe try to incorporate your style from other graphic types into banners, as they seem executed rather differently (in terms of color, comp and technique). Your latest colorizations are also really realistic looking, maybe a clean out would be best since there are older entries "clashing" with her better pieces.
q u e e n J &#4326; y y ;
GRAPHICS &#9650; INSPIRATION &#9650; TTY &#9650; ADMIN

Sativa
Heroe

06 Dec 2015, 23:45 #15

Username: Sativa
Gallery Link: HIPPIE SABOTAGE &#65533;
Current Rank/level: Calliope - Muses lvl9
Challenge Filled:
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

NOT PROMOTED

Your flashlight sig and your last banner are definitely there. Continue making graphics like this and you'll be promoted in no time. Clean out your older items, as there's a drastic difference in skill level and it throws off your gallery. In addition, really watch that your icons aren't overly busy and all filled from edge to edge. Start working to balance with more negative space icons and watch that when you put two models in the same icon, they don't compete for focal point. Focus on icons and signatures for the next level. Great job!