November 3rd, 2006, 8:04 pm #11

Hi Tom, Nice to hear from you.My research has been quite extensive but alas,never ending with all the constant updates. Who was your fathers pilot?
lf you decide to visit l will be more than happy to give you a tour of the old airfield and the haunts of the crews.l have had so much information provided by ex aircrews of 424 and 433 squadrons as well as invaluable photographic copies,and am eternally grateful to all.The old airfield is quite run down these days,bombed and strafed by time,but enough remains to get the general picture of life in a quite Yorkshire hamlet.

Kind regards, Mike Pepe, Yorkshire, England

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 12th, 2006, 10:10 pm #12

Hi , Your post interests me.
You will know that RCAF Squadrons operated from Skipton . The Flight Engineers were RAF .

I was a Flight Engineer with 433 Squadron from August 1944 to March 1945. The aircraft were Halifax 111's later converted to Lancasters. I took part in 30 missions flying in Halifax's, then Lancasters .

Re: Skipton on Swale.

R.Dufresne
R.Dufresne

November 11th, 2008, 12:22 am #13

Hi, Has anyone anything at all,no matter how trivial,on RAF Skipton on Swale.Any stories,photographs or contact from anyone who served there(air or groundcrew) would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Hi my father was a radio operator in the 2 ww ans was stationned in your town.

He was in the crash that hit a big tree ans 2 airmen and a young boy was killed

Is your book finished? .

rod butson
rod butson

November 11th, 2008, 3:41 pm #14

Hi, Has anyone anything at all,no matter how trivial,on RAF Skipton on Swale.Any stories,photographs or contact from anyone who served there(air or groundcrew) would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Hi, some info availabe from author and owner of book listed in message title - per 433 Porcupine Sqdn. contact rod with above listed email -- porcupine pal.

rod butson
rod butson

November 11th, 2008, 3:43 pm #15

Thank you in advance.
Hi, some info availabe from author and owner of book listed in message title - per 433 Porcupine Sqdn. contact rod with above listed email -- porcupine pal.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 23rd, 2009, 6:17 am #16

Is your book finished? .
Re: airfileld

Bill Norman
Bill Norman

June 23rd, 2009, 6:21 am #17

Is your book finished? .
Send me an Email at william.norman13@ntlworld.com and I'll post you an article about your dad's crash. I still keep in touch with Jim Kinder.

Bill Norman
(website: www.billnorman.co.uk)

Roderick L. Butson
Roderick L. Butson

June 23rd, 2009, 3:09 pm #18

Sorry for not printing in my e-mail -- r.butson@sympatico.ca -- I am Rod Butson, the author of the book, Pride of the Porcupines 433 Sqdn. RCAF by Roderick L. Butson (2001)-- my book has listings of all Ops,all aircraft, all the crews on Ops, some photos from that era, which were graciously lent to me from veterans of that squadron -- I was in contact with Wing Commander A.J. Lewington and many more pilots and aircrew who did the Ops over enemy territory -- If you need info -- contact me by e-mail -- I am sorry but my book is out of print -- but I can usually help if questions are about 433 Porcupine Squadron.

helen abrahams
helen abrahams

December 10th, 2009, 11:47 pm #19

Thank you in advance.
hi My dad was based at skipton-on-swale he was the flight engineer with a canadian squadron. He is the only survivor of his crew. He has photos stories, and lives in leeds, yorkshire. his name is denis warburton
Regards
Helen Abrahams

Rod Butson
Rod Butson

December 16th, 2009, 4:14 pm #20

Hello Helen --- Many pics and gen of base - father stationed there dec. /43 to Nov. /44 -- 36 Ops over enemy territory --- leaves in Leeds --- maybe we can share father's gen -- get back to me if you wish -- Rod

Confirmation of reply: