Handley Page Hampden panel

Handley Page Hampden panel

Todd
Todd

March 1st, 2005, 5:13 am #1

I know this is a little off topic from Halifax's...I am looking to build an instrument panel for a Hampden. Does anyone have the dimensions(drawings) and instruments found on a Hampden?

Cheers,

Todd

March 1st, 2005, 10:00 am #2

Your best bet is to contact a chap called John Marshall-East through the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre website (which I haven't got the link for) as he is responsible for the Brian Nicholls Hampden Project.

Todd
Todd

March 1st, 2005, 3:06 pm #3

Beautiful! Thank-you Richard. I'll give them a ring.

Kind regards,

Todd

March 2nd, 2005, 3:45 pm #4

Hi Todd,

A great project but the Hampden panel is very difficult to get the correct instruments for or when you can find them such as the fuel gauges these are very expensive as they are usually sold as Spitfire ones.

Cheers

Cees

Todd
Todd

March 2nd, 2005, 11:35 pm #5

Hi Cees,

Can you give me a ball park price on the fuel guages? I've got a line on the panel dimensions(I hope). By the way...I love your Halifax panel! I could only dream of a Whitley panel. I need the dimensions and instrument markings and numbers. :-)

Cheers,

Todd

March 2nd, 2005, 11:46 pm #6

Hi chaps
I am looking to gather material in order to produce some etched sets of internal equipment for british types primarily. On the scrounge for pics again! Bit stuck for time email you soon Cees.

Cheers
Phil

March 3rd, 2005, 5:13 pm #7

Hi Cees,

Can you give me a ball park price on the fuel guages? I've got a line on the panel dimensions(I hope). By the way...I love your Halifax panel! I could only dream of a Whitley panel. I need the dimensions and instrument markings and numbers. :-)

Cheers,

Todd
Todd,

The large fuelgauges can be between 100 and 150 pounds each and you would need three. As they are mostly sold as Spitfire gauges they are very expensive. This is just an estimation perhaps e-bay can help out.

Cheers

Cees

Todd
Todd

March 9th, 2005, 4:46 am #8

Hi Cees,

Thanks! They're a little expensive. I'll keep my eyes open on Ebay.

Cheers,

Todd

March 9th, 2005, 6:21 pm #9

Good luck Todd,

There aren't that many Hampden panels so the result would be something special.

Cheers

Cees

Todd
Todd

March 10th, 2005, 2:29 am #10

Thanks Cees!

Cheers,

Todd

Confirmation of reply: