halifax crash site?

Robert Fulford
Robert Fulford

August 31st, 2007, 7:22 pm #21

for the implied compliments. The forum while not what it once was under the guidance and tuteledge of the Fosters still has regular visitors who in their own rights are Halifax "experts" (present company excluded regrettably) ...

Still onboard are some Halifax "hobbyists" and people with a tremendous depth of knowledge in many aspects of the Halifax as well as a few vets, people who served on and flew the Halibag under combat conditions. Many have access to irreplaceable resources, manuals and records and if it can be found out it likely will be. Aside from which the forum still allows people to make contacts around the globe.

Ian and Jill (the founders) have left a tremendous legacy. Perhaps some day soon after a sabatacle of unknown duration they will return reenergized and with their undying enthusiasm in full. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they drop-in every now and then for a visit. They are missed ...

Ian F
Ian F

September 12th, 2007, 12:37 am #22

I do sometimes drop by folks, for a quick browse about :)
I may not be active, but my spirit is still here
Fondest wishes to everyone that's kept this site going
Ian

March 12th, 2018, 10:24 am #23

Thought I'd update you all on the story concerning the crew of this Halifax. I am an historian of the French Resistance in the South West of France and by chance came across the story of some Airmen that had been looked after by the Resistance group Brigade Rac from the end of May to the end of August 1944. I have more than 30 photos of a part of this group taken at their maquis camp late in May 1944. One of the photos has on the back "un anglais R.A.F. avec nous". After discovering that some of the crew from 138th Squadron were looked after by this group I tracked down the son of Sgt. H. Blackett and he confirmed that his dad and Sgt. E. Jones were in the photo. It would be great to let Dwight Williams know. Here's a link to the story and the photo : http://resistancefrancaise.blogspot.co. ... igade.html

Alan

Confirmation of reply: