Halifax a/c

Matt L.
Matt L.

June 22nd, 2004, 10:38 pm #11

Not a problem Ian, did you know that a fellow from 420 squadron wrote a book on his experinces?

Its called One of the Many and was written by Rus Mackay, a pilot that completed 38 ops with the squadron 1943-1944.

floyd williston
floyd williston

March 31st, 2007, 6:09 am #12

MeaCulpa IanF, will try to be more careful in future. Cheers IanD
Just a brief note to suggest that you get the book:

The Mystery of FRANKENBERG'S CANADIAN AIRMAN
BY PETER HESSEL

It's the story of the murder of one of the crew of this Halifax(Jean-Maurice D'Avril
(published in Canada by James Lorimer, 35 Britain Street, Toronto, 2005)

John A. Neal
John A. Neal

March 31st, 2007, 8:32 pm #13

Not a problem Ian, did you know that a fellow from 420 squadron wrote a book on his experinces?

Its called One of the Many and was written by Rus Mackay, a pilot that completed 38 ops with the squadron 1943-1944.
There are many books that have been written about Wartime experiences. If you wish to see mine, I suggest you browze www.bombercrew.com/neal.htm.

Thank you, and I have plenty of stock.

J. Parent
J. Parent

February 15th, 2016, 10:23 pm #14

A source has asked me for info on Halifax Mk 111 PN-173 KW-Q of 425 RCAF Sqn. crashed Mar 5/45 , attack on Chemnitz.
Hi there,

Not sure how active this thread might still be but was hoping to locate someone to discuss. My grand-father was the bomb aimer on PN173.

Karl Kj.
Karl Kj.

February 16th, 2016, 6:49 pm #15

HI, I am one of the moderators here and a researcher, what do you need to know about PN173 and I can help out. Karl Director of Halifax 57 Rescue

Matt
Matt

August 20th, 2016, 1:20 am #16

Hi there,

Not sure how active this thread might still be but was hoping to locate someone to discuss. My grand-father was the bomb aimer on PN173.
Hi my Great Uncle was the pilot. Jean-Jacques Desbiens. I'm assembling a memorial box for our family. It would be fantastic to find a picture of the PN173.

Any sources where I can seek ?

Joe
Joe

October 30th, 2016, 8:36 pm #17

Please respond. My grandfather and your great uncle flew together.

Joe
Joe

October 30th, 2016, 8:38 pm #18

HI, I am one of the moderators here and a researcher, what do you need to know about PN173 and I can help out. Karl Director of Halifax 57 Rescue
Hi, I should have touched base sooner. I didn't realize someone responded. I'm looking for any information. Thanks. I know date of loss and crew names, also have flight logs from grandfather.

May 6th, 2017, 8:47 am #19

Hi Ian,
As you have a "GOOD" name, then it's not a problem, it's just that normally I simply use Ian as my handle on the forum here & I guess everyone has kind of got used to it now, which could cause a bit of confusion for some folk out there.
Ian D might be a good idea as well?
Either way, you are VERY welcome here, so long as you don't use the "L" word
Best wishes
Ian F
Hello Ian,

I do hope I am writing to the correct man and I ask the following with respect.

My uncle Donald Mackenzie was lost with this Halifax, I believe, in the Baltic sea and I wonder if to might have a crew photo with the aircraft.

Kindest regards - John

October 16th, 2017, 8:13 pm #20

Hi there,

I don't know if you're still around on this website but if yes I would like to get in contact with you so we could talk about the experience of our grandfathers. I'm really passionned about his story and I would like to know if you got some interesting stories about the crew that I don't know.

PS: Si vous parlez français, faites moi signe.

Confirmation of reply: