TEMPEST vs. WORLD

Cerby
Zoider

May 1 2012, 07:43 PM #1

ALRIGHT KIDDIES, NOW IT'S ON.

For reference, all your pertinent rules/things to remember can be found here.

Your map!

Underground arena, guns in the ceiling, blah blah. You can poof yourself in wherever you'd like, be it aboveground or belowground. If you do it above, you'll be on a flat surface in a walled arena, and there will be a hole in the ground above where the red X is on the map. That's where you drop down into it. It's highly encouraged you drop down into it.

Please try and be specific when you state your location (e.g.; "I'm on the top side of the third block from the bottom left" and not "I poofed in on the right and started running" BECAUSE THAT'S WHY I GAVE YOU THE MAP).

YOUR POSTING ORDER: Oni, Steely, Ophia, then Sylvan! This was randomized. I have no vendettas, I promise.

Let it be known that, in addition to the stated prizes you will receive once the fight is over, I am also prone to giving bonuses for good behavior excellent strategies! Shock and amaze me!

And I shouldn't have to state this, buuuut please keep in mind that killing your partners will not do you any good. Your target is Tempest, not your meatshields.

READY SET GOOOO.

Brother Oni Jaganshi
Advanced Pilot

May 2 2012, 03:54 PM #2

One of my characters has died here before...

I'm the orange arrow.(and a picture is worth a thousand words) Forgiveness is facing the pillar and I have no idea what the point of the mortars are... Can we hijack them and shoot at stuff?[/ooc]

"Hm... I seem to find myself on a battlefield, how peculiar." The zoidian grinned as he tied his hair back and stretched. From his position on top of his Dark Horn he surveyed the strange area before him. It was almost perfectly symmetrical but there were some problems that he could see already for his zoid. First off, and most distressingly, he'd been forced to remove most of the equipment his many times great-grandson had provided. He could fight without it, but he now regretted choosing the booster/gun combo rather than the rather odd beam flak cannon after he reread the file on the thrice damned liger. He was sure by the end of the battle he'd end up missing each of the useful little gadgets.

"Well, no stopping it now." He fought back a yawn and slid through the open canopy into the cockpit. Converting the crew served beast into a single person vehicle had required quite a bit of automation but the new computer cores hadn't taken as much room in the back of the cockpit as he'd feared and he was left with some actual elbow room in the pilot's seat.

The ancient being started reciting prayers as he ran through the pre-battle checklist, a ritual he'd carried out often over the years. Everything seems to check out. The AI keeps trying to recalculate our new top speed without the interference of two sets of boosters but besides that everything is running fine.

He shook his head as he keyed the in the startup code for the radar suite and opened up a channel to his current allies. It would take a little while for it to scan and compile a model of the battleground so he had time. "Hello there, my name is Gregor Lawnelle and this orange monstrosity is Forgiveness. It's and honor to be fighting with both of you. I hope you all are ready for this fight because, I'm sorry to say, I've never faced an Energy Liger before." Mark has, however, and told me about the problems with that energy charger "I'd be happy to transmit radar data to either of you and I wish you both good luck."

When the radar suite pinged to indicate it was done he wrapped the data stream in a mild encryption and set the AI to automatically transmit to either of the others if they requested it. Then he twisted the controls, turning the beast to the left, and punched the throttle. The Styracosaurus responded with a roar as it leapt forward, running along the blocks at the north end of the stadium. The flying cat wouldn't catch him sitting still.

Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ
Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ

May 6 2012, 07:53 PM #3

"Again we descend into this forsaken arena."

The heavy cat's paw smashed down on the metal, denting it down only a little bit. Still, he left an imprint.

"Again circumstances dictate that we do battle with a mob of enemies."

The gatlings spun, clicking but not firing. Had to make sure everything still worked.

"And again, we will be victorious."

She pulled on a pair of black piloting gloves, flexing her hand to make sure they fit right.

Stop being poetic and let's go fuck up someone's face.

The energy storm hurdled the giant steps in the very middle room of the arena with a flare of his bright wings, painting the room crimson for a moment. He had more agility then a creature of his bulk really should have, as he cut the engines and cantered to a stop on the edge.

He was in the very center of the arena, at the top of the structure there. He moved so that the pillar was directly behind his hindpaws, and he was looking south over the center room. The great cat swung his head from side to side, jaws parted and growling. His pilot, Storm, rolled her sleeveless shoulders and flexed her hands. She hadn't done this in what felt like a long time. Bright orange eyes darted over the controls, doing every minute adjustment she needed to do. The cockpit dimmed suddenly, though everything was lit by the faint red light of the console. She took the controls.

"Ready?"

Tempest only seemed to grin.

Cerby
Zoider

May 10 2012, 07:57 PM #4

Ophia's Gun Sniper poofs into being into the arena... directly underneath a 200mm mortar.

Needless to say, it is blown to shreds. However!

Thanks to the effect of 1UP RESPAWN, a big fat organoid flies down to scoop up all the wreckage and cart it away to where it can respawn next turn, somewhere of Ophia's choosing and sans smoke discharger because organoids don't repair extra stuff.

SYLVAN, YOU ARE UP AND MAKE IT SNAZZY PLZ. <3

Sylvan
Zoider

May 11 2012, 09:03 AM #5

A tunnel cracked in the wall, out from it jumped a Shield Liger. Inside, Sylvan sat.

Just as he landed, the tunnel mysteriously closed up. Spooky.

Sylvan, not donned in his regular red armour, instead wore an alien mixture of blue, white, black and gold. His arms were noticeably completely covered.

This change of attire was largely thanks to a change a Zoid. He wasn't piloting his incredibly fast Berserk Fury Z, and hence didn't need the special magnetic armour that he used when piloting. Instead, he wore largely blue garments that suited the blue liger. And had nothing to do with the new Fire Emblem game.

Sylvan was just in time to hear one of his colleague speak out. Naturally, Sylvan replied in kind.

"Hello, I'm Sylvan. Glad to be working with you. Likewise, I'll relay on my data."

He gritted his teeth. He had fought an energy storm before. Even with a powerful Berserk Fury and a million allies, he hadn't been able to win. Of course, he didn't exactly want to blurt that out loud.

Sylvan booted up his heat signature radar, and immediately spotted his ally. The Shiled Liger was slightly to the south of Forgiveness. Between the 60-meter-high block that Forgiveness was on, and the side wall, Sylvan was near the lower intersection, with the mortars lying just out of sight.

He expanded out the liger's back-mounted lasers, before noting his opponent's and asploded ally location. He could almost cut the anticipation with his platnium-metal-zi sword.

Zoids Transactions Roleplay Log
Battle History

Click on the character to go to their bio

Cerby
Zoider

May 11 2012, 09:55 PM #6

Alright then. *cracks knuckles* Takin' it one at a time here.

Oni's current position is... actually impossible, because those largelarge blocks go all the way up to the ceiling, forming tunnels around the center. Instead of smooshing him into the ceiling, I'm just going to move him north to the intersection next to the block and send him running straight through the northmost tunnel.

The point of the mortars? They're there so I can shoot at you when you pass under them. LIKE RIGHT NOW as the orange monstrosity finds itself passing underneath one as it runs. Onoz!

Storm sits on top of the spire in the center and Tempest wants blood. Woo.

Ophia is currently in purgatory.

Sylvan takes a note from Awakening (I so want that game holy crap) as he makes his dramatic entrance in the tunnel south of Forgiveness'. Heat sig on, lasers ready.

Damages: Nada.

Positions: Both Oni and Sylvan are up in the northwest corner, separated by a tunnel's width with Oni getting peppered by a mortar. Ophia's in purgatory, and Storm's in the center.

ALRIGHT CHILDREN, GIVE ME BLOOD!

Brother Oni Jaganshi
Advanced Pilot

May 13 2012, 09:34 PM #7

(Technically if we're seeing blood something has gone drastically wrong with the battle, I'll just mix red dye with all my hydraulic fluid for your sake though.)

"Oh, well that's inconvenient." Gregor muttered as he activated the boosters, feeling himself pushed back into his seat as he accelerated. He hadn't thought the arena itself would be attacking him. No matter, he'd just have to do his best to stagger his motions to throw off the ceiling's aim. Hopefully just accelerating would do for now...

He glanced down at his radar and nodded to himself as he saw he was approaching another corridor. The way the battlefield was shaped made it nigh impossible to get good long range shots off, but if one could line up an enemy along one of its narrow alleys it simplified matters. On the other hand that there was an equal likelihood of getting shot at every time he went through a crossroads. His radar suite had already found a tentative lock on the large power signature in the center which meant that all he had to do was... There! He felt the cover of his missile pod flip open as he depressed the fire button, sending one missile flying up several meters before turning to home in on its target. No use wasting more until I'm sure of what kind of point defense it has.

"So, Sylvan." He said into his microphone as he cut out his boosters, he didn't feel like getting shot at by another mortar and he'd need them again in a second. "How do you feel about throwing lots and lots of missiles at that kitty?" He pulled the controls to the right sharply and felt the Dark Horn skid slightly before the boosters slowed him the rest of the way. Pushing forward, he accelerated down the new corridor he found himself facing. Time to see what kind of damage the enemy could do.

~~

(Summary) Went up one row, fired missile down side passage at Tempest. Went to next row and turned right)

Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ
Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ

May 16 2012, 09:45 PM #8

So I have no idea what Oni is doing since he... literally can't fire on Tempest from where he is. Like, at all. So confused.

The energy storm hopped down to the base of the pyramid-thing he was on, further putting giant metal things between him and the others. Storm just sighed a little, hearing explosions behind them.

"Well, let's get this over with."

Tempest took off, galloping west and out of the main center area. Weapons primed and forward, the heavy zoid simply headed north. The second they saw movement? The gatlings would open fire and the air would be filled with lead. Or whatever zoid-quality bullets were made of.

I drew on the map.

Cerby
Zoider

May 20 2012, 05:02 PM #9

SO GUESS WHO GETS MURDERED BY A MORTAR AGAIN?

Ophia is out, DQ'd, does not pass Go, and does not win &#036;200. Or anything.

SYLVAN GO~

Sylvan
Zoider

May 21 2012, 11:51 AM #10

Sylvan followed his HSR. Running straight past the first intersection, he slowed on his approach to the second. ((OOC:basically, the far left hand wall of the corridor where Steely's arrow head is pointing up))

Turning, the liger sat just to the side, out of view, his back was facing the far left wall. He took aim with the radar until the energy storm entered the straight hallway. There, Sylvan flipped open his side missile launcher and loosed a volley of 4 shots, before promptly snapping the pod back closed.

The Liger was tucked away, round the corner, so that the only part of his Zoid that stuck out was the deployed missile pod. Retracted, it should once more be out of sight.

His Liger poised to jump, having loosed a quarter of his munitions, he knew he would need to follow it up shortly. With 100m between him and the opponent, he gripped the controls tightly. There wasn't much room for error.

Losing one of his three allies was bad, but 2 on 1 was better than nothing.

"Missiles away!" Sylvan replied, as he prepared for a more bravado charge.

Battle History

Cerby
Zoider

May 22 2012, 07:52 PM #11

After some deliberation, I think I got this.

The Horn flees down the hallway it was located in, firing off a missile towards the center along the way. It then goes down the next hall it comes across and heads for the center.

Tempest runs ala the map. I have no words. Just... look at the map.

Sylvan hides in that corner just above Steely's arrowhead and fires four missiles.

Taking this one post at a time, we have:

- Oni narrowly escapes mortar death as heavy rounds slam into the ground around his Zoid, tossing the poor thing about and denting the armor.
- Along the way, he fires off a missile. It flies down the hallway and connects with a wall, where it explodes.
- Oni keeps running as the mortars resume trying to kill him. The whole effect is starting to resemble running on a waterbed. A WATERBED OF MURDER.

- Tempest runs ala the map, and encounters his first bit of movement... because there's a mortar on the ceiling there. WHAP. Mortar rounds, raining down.

- Sylvan hides to the side of his intersection, where there is... a mortar on the ceiling. WHAP. More rounds raining down.
- He stands still to fire his missiles and gets a mortar to the left hind leg for his troubles. The leg fairly explodes, making the Liger buckle as one limb suddenly becomes a burning pile of scrap and deadweight from what remains. There's like, nothing left below the knee. Oh the pain.

So we end with Oni running, Sylvan in mortar hell, and Tempest facing four missiles/mortar rounds.

Damages:
Oni has heavily dented armor.
Sylvan is half-missing his left hind leg.

Positions: Tempest near his arrowhead, if not already accelerating; Sylvan in his hideyhole at the intersection above the arrowhead; and Oni's in the fourth hallway coming down towards the center.

I think I've covered everything, but if you notice something I've forgotten please poke me gently.

Sylvan
Zoider

May 22 2012, 10:26 PM #12

((OOC: I meant to be on the far left hand wall, where there are no mortars. But I can see the source of confusion, so carry on~))

Battle History

Cerby
Zoider

May 26 2012, 03:28 PM #13

A wandering hadron collider distracts Oni, and the next thing he knows...

He gets bunged by a mortar. Whoops.

His Horn asplodes, but then gets put back together seconds later thanks to the effect of 1UP RESPAWN. Minus the attack boosters, which look like lovely crispy things on the ground.

STEELY YOU ARE UP. <3

Cerby
Zoider

Jun 1 2012, 06:14 PM #14

Oh whoops brain WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

It's the first of June, and this battle is over! Congratulations on your (mostly) survival! Because you both survived, 80k is yours!

Plus the added bonuses (or penalties, as the case may be...)
+10k for neither of you needing the 1UP RESPAWN
+10k as an apology to Oni for my map being indeciperable
+10k as an apology to Sylvan because I apparently fail at reading?

Oh gosh, that looks like 120k all told. I'm sure that'll buy something shiny.

Steelee can have 80k too, mostly for putting up with me. What she does with it ain't none of my concern after this point.

And I shall go flailing off into the sunset~

If you have feedback, posting it in the signup thread would be appreciated.