Never forgetti, mom's spaghetti

The capital of the Guylos Empire is the city of Guygalos. Very much like the other towns and cities on Zi, Guygalos is in dire need of a power wash. It is difficult to find a corner you can turn and not find an Imperial Soldier on duty. The war may be over, but they all remain very loyal to their work. They stand ready and willing, to fight at a moments notice to protect their Capital and Emperor.

Never forgetti, mom's spaghetti

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

30 Apr 2017, 05:38 #1

Ummm.. this doesn't look like the friendliest place.

Blizzard's qualms were merited.

The place the Fury stood just outside of now was a battered, broken landscape. Rubble and filth littered the rocks and sand, and pieces of concrete stuck forlornly out of the dirt, signifying this had once been part of Guygalos itself. It had been forgotten and left to its own devices, unfit for repair. It was a dark, foreboding place, especially as dusk settled in and the sun's rays receded from all the corners and halls the rocks and twisted metals made.

"That's why we're standing here beside the Fury and you guys instead of wandering around exploring it."

Vira sat beside Blizzard, reclining lazily against the leg armor of her Zoid.

"It shouldn't be too long before the Breaker gets here. I'll feel a lot better with it around, too."

The Fury grumbled from above, as if to say it wouldn't.

--

Her being ached. Just from this. But she was still fast. She was still deadly. Claws sharp. Teeth. pawstailfurTHERE.

She growled, shaking her head violently to clear it. Sevisse found she hated being crippled, the scars of that blasted drakonas' claws still etched into her skull and down her flank. The shadows that created her, once black and strong, now were wispy and gray. She needed to heal, to rebuild.

Her golden eyes fixed steadily upon the group before her.

The boy.. He would be perfect. He would make her go back to normal. She had to have him, and she would.

Claws. Teeth.. pawstailfu-- She snarled angrily, creeping silently through the rocks, closer and closer to her prey.

It would be today.
<div align=center>

Vira - Blizzard / Hisk - Berserk Fury
Vais

'Til we close our eyes for good.

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

30 Apr 2017, 06:18 #2

Shadow, perched on a pile of rubble, dipped his head in agreement. The sooner the better. I could help it-

"No," Raven cut him off, glancing over from his spot beside Vira. "We need you here." He straightened his posture and took in a slow, deep breath, grimacing though the irritation of his lungs pressing against the broken ribs. The medication had mostly worn off. The burning sensation was intense, but his mind was clearer now.

You still have more- just take it. If I have to stay here, the least you can do is stop squirming.

Raven flicked an irritated look at the organoid.

"Shadow, once we're safe, I'll take all the drugs you want me to." He furrowed his brow and massaged his temples. "I can't think straight with that stuff." Shadow shook his head and turned away, dropping the conversation to focus on something in the distance.

Raven cautiously leaned back against the Fury, shifting back and forth a bit to be as comfortable as he could. The pain was annoying, and his strength was still only a fraction of what it should have been, but sitting there wasn't so bad. The sunset had been stunning. In fact, he enjoyed watching it, especially with Vira.

His eyes fell to the woman beside him and his expression mellowed. Something about being with her.. he couldn't figure it out. But he knew it was good.

"So what's your plan?"

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

30 Apr 2017, 06:54 #3

Sooo, I know you're being a creeper and all that, but remind me, in detail, why I am helping again?

Sevisse paused in her loping, feeling the urge, once more, to murder the annoying creature she was temporarily bound to. Apophis tested her nerves in ways no beast or human had done so before. He knew how to pull her tail just the right way, and he also knew he wasn't expendable. The organoid had learned quickly what Vais was capable of, and he had assumed Sevisse had shared that power with her armored cousin. However, he had also learned that Sevisse needed his conscious mind to continue functioning, so she was unable to harm him. They fought with a viciousness Apophis was unused to, but always just with words.

"Because. The sooner you help me infect and break the boy, the sooner you and I can be free from one another."
That would be lovely, but you remember the guarantee you offered to secure my help.
"I will not harm you in any way, mentally or otherwise, once I get what I want. You may leave at your discretion, and I will do everything in my power to ensure the drakonas does not snap your little brain like a sapling."
Precisely.

The massive organoid uncurled himself from his hiding spot, slipping out into the darkness of the alley.

Vira watched Raven and his ginger movements, one lip caught between her teeth. She was suddenly very sorry to involve him in any of her shenanigans.. Mostly her bid to rescue Vais on her own. She had been foolish, and she had inadvertently unleashed a savage beast upon him. She ignored his question, suddenly gripping his upper arm. She opened her mouth to tell him, to tell him how sorry she was for parading off in the first place when he had told her not to. How sorry she was about all the problems her family had caused him. That's what she would have said, but the Fury's hissing snarl of anger interrupted any words she would have given.

The ground quaked and sand burst around them in a slurry of grit and grime. Startled, Vira shielded her eyes as best she could with her sleeve, and peeked out from around the Fury's leg.

"Is that the Breaker.. ?"

Indeed, as the sand cleared a bit, the outline of what looked like the Breaker's backpack and X-breakers appeared. However.. the silhouette looked different. More sleek and less bulky. Vira thought it looked familiar.. The Fury, though it disliked the Geno Breaker on the best of days, was reacting very oddly to this presence. Its low pitched growl of warning thrummed through the air like a vibrating drum.

Blizzard tensed abruptly beside her. It's that Zoid from the hangar.. The one that organoid took off with.

The sound of metal whirred unmistakably through the air, and Vira was gone from Raven's side, a golden blade, notched and serrated yet somehow perfect, buried in the sand where her body had been. The sand shifted to reveal Blizzard, wings fanning and Vira, sprawled at her feet, her shirt rumpled and slightly torn from teeth. The moving air swirled yet moved away, and not feet from Raven was Apophis, his jaws holding the blade he had employed.

Ahh, a pity. I had hoped to kill you before Sevisse got a hold of your lover. She has spoken truly nasty things about how she was going to use him on you. This and that.

The organoid extended up, up, and up to his full height, the blade still clamped in his teeth. Behind him, where the shadows still frothed and moved, the golden eyes of a beast shone out like a hellish lantern.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

30 Apr 2017, 07:41 #4

Raven sprang to his feet with surprising speed, scrambling up against the Fury's armor and away from the massive beast. With lightening speed, Shadow erupted from the dust and debris, exploding past his human and colliding into Apophis with a rage-fueled ferocity like no other. His jaws clamped down on the creature's neck, mid-flight, to slow him down as much as possible.

Raven charged past the ball of writhing metal that was the organoids and slammed to a stop behind Vira.

"Run, run, run!" He helped pull her to her feet, only then looking up at the beasts who attacked.

And there she was.

Raven felt the color drain from his face. The golden eyes. He staggered back and swallowed hard, struggling to get control of himself as he stared, wild eyed.

Terror sunk in.

He knew the odds. His fear-filled eyes flashed to Vira, but the sight of her alone seemed enough to un-freeze him. He pivoted back, reached for her arm and rushed into the ruins. If they could get back to the city, maybe they would have a chance.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

30 Apr 2017, 08:17 #5

My name is Toulouse, and quite frankly, I have no quarrel with you, the Sturm Tyrann reached casually with a claw to point down in Sevisse's general direction. The she-thing has great power over myself and the little Zoidling. She has asked me to keep you from interfering with her needs.

The Fury didn't seem to be impressed with this speech, and Toulouse deployed his blades for emphasis. I will do what I must to survive.

However, the Fury did not move, at least not until it saw its pilot move into the ruins. It rumbled with distress, thinking it could have at least attempted to stomp on Sevisse.

Apophis, even with his impressive stature, screeched as he fell, his tail and legs tangled with the darker organoid's wings and limbs. They crashed together in a flurry of sand. Blizzard, caught between wanting to help Shadow and watching her master run away, hesitated for a moment before she too pounced, grabbing hold of the blade Apophis was attempting to stick through Shadow's torso.

For a moment, it looked as though the two would be able to subdue the huge beast. For a moment.

With an almighty roar, Apophis gathered his legs underneath him and threw off his attackers, sending Blizzard skidding across the sand, her talons slashing furrows through the dirt. She picked herself up on to all fours, eyeing the creature before her warily. Her gaze flicked to Shadow, her mind reaching to him privately.

We're not going to be able to win with brute strength.. We never do, unfortunately, she snorted humorlessly. I think it'd be best to try to use my cannons. Maybe attempt to freeze parts of him he needs..

Apophis didn't seem to be the monologue type, for he simply stood, his tail slightly twitching, staring at them with eyes glowing.

Vira wanted to say that running straight into the place Sevisse currently was was ill-advised, yet again.. She couldn't get a word in edgewise.

It took a pathetically short time for Sevisse to catch up with them, and she burst from the darkness with an audible pop, landing in the fleeing pair's path. Vira almost tripped over her own heels as they were forced to stop. She watched in apprehension as Sevisse lifted her muzzle to point at them, fixing her liquid gold eyes upon them. Yet, Vira got the distinct feeling she wasn't even registered on the shadowbeast's radar. She was pinpointed on Raven.

"Hello, little human. I have come to claim what is mine," she took a step forward, one paw, then the other. "I have come to take you." Her fangs appeared as she grinned, ghoulishly. "I can feel your fear from here. You are right to be terrified. I hope you enjoy what little time you have left with your little slut," at this her gaze flickered briefly to Vira, and it scorched her skin like acid.

Yet beneath the fear and the apprehension, Vais slithered across her awareness, his power responding to the threat before his host. The dragon's scarlet eyes lit up her conscious like a beacon of hope.

Her own beast had come to play.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

30 Apr 2017, 09:02 #6

Shadow rolled out of the crash with the momentum it created and sprang back to a ready position. His bright blue eyes were fixed on Apophis, but he heard Blizzard's plan loud and clear.

I'll hold him down. Tell me when to move.

Gathering up all his strength and ferocity, Shadow flung himself into the giant organoid with a flurry of clawing and terrible snarls. Again he snapped onto the underside of his neck in a flash. He needed to keep him stationary, or at least just slow him down.

Raven cursed under his breath as she appeared ahead of them, cutting their escape brutally short. His heart raced as his mind frantically searched for a way out. They were trapped. The wolf's eye contact alone made the hair on his neck stand on end and chills wash over his body. Instinct told him to ditch Vira and watch out for himself, but the threats made on her life made him bristle. Something greater than instinct stirred. His jaw twitched with unsaid insults and he took a bold step in front of the woman, shielding her from the monster's piercing gaze. If the wolf wanted to end Vira, she would have to go through him first. Hostility seethed from every ounce of will and strength he could muster.

Though, this time, he didn't pull the beast's tail.

He stepped backwards, pushing back into Vira to get her to move. They had to at least maintain their distance. "Vais," he whispered, hoping the shadowbeast would hear him. They desperately needed the dragon's help. Out-maneuvering Sevisse was futile.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

30 Apr 2017, 23:35 #7

Blizzard inclined her head and watched carefully as Shadow leapt.

Apophis allowed him to come, meeting his attack with a wall of sound from his powerful roar. The crimson beast was not very quick, yet what he lacked in agility he made up for in raw strength. Shadow's jaws left grating scratches down his neck, and Apophis rocked back slightly from the impact yet held his ground. The blade still in his jaws flashed as he swung it downwards, attempting to get at Shadow. However, the smaller organoid eluded his swings, as the bulk of his body and the way Shadow had latched on to him prevented any strikes. Snarling, Apophis reached with his talons instead, grasping the other organoid by a headspike. He began to tug, wrenching visciously.

"Yes," Vais responded, his blood lust spiking from the fear permeating the air around his host. Before he could materialize, a dark shape fell out of the sky and planted itself firmly in front of the little line Raven had made.

Oi, so yer the ugly beastie Vivi told Hisky about.

Hisk, looking about as intimidating as he could look on his own, growled at the creature before him. Now, Hisk had never had occasion to fear Vais, and he was vaguely aware that something about the dragon piqued a part of his memory he could no longer grasp. It flowed through his claws like water, and he tried not to think about it because it upset him so.. But this wolf stirred a burning hatred in his heart that he was unsure of where it stemmed from.

Sevisse looked thoroughly unimpressed, and she cackled meanly, sitting down before them. "Yes, I'm sure she has spun quite the tales of me. I'm also sure she.. redacted certain parts," at this, Sevisse fixed one cruel eye upon the woman hidden behind the two males. "Such cowardice from you, little slut. You can't even stand before this bumbling fool of an organoid who's already been infirmed once."

Vira stiffened, and Vais's desire to kill the other shadowbeast sang through her blood. She stepped out from behind Raven, the fear forgotten as Vais's power began to gather. Sevisse's grin faded from her maw, replaced gradually by a quivering frown. She felt it too, and her fur began to bristle and stand on end from the presence she felt inside the girl.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

01 May 2017, 00:52 #8

Between being in a difficult to reach spot and deflecting blades with swinging talons, Shadow avoided any nasty blows. But Apophis was a mighty beast indeed, and his strength outmatched Shadow's. Shadow was unable to avoid his grip and grumbled as they firmly locked on. He clenched as tight as he could, stalling as the nails pierced his armor and began to twist the metal that formed his face.

Only after his spike had been noticeably deformed by Apophis' jerking around did he finally lose his grip. With one final thrash, sparks flashed around as his teeth slid off the massive organoid. He landed in a crash a good distance from Apophis, and definitely not as gracefully as before. Shadow sprang back to his feet though, shaking his head violently as if to rid himself of the pain. His eyes darted for Blizzard, hoping her weapons were ready.

Hisk's arrival had never been more timely. A glimmer of hope sparkled in Raven's eye. Never had he been so glad to see Hisk. Accompanied with Vais, maybe they would have a chance. He tried to usher Vira away as the wolf continued the onslaught of insults, but she was stubborn as always. A twinge of desperation washed over him as she stepped out from behind him- the only type of protection he could offer. He didn't want to be too demanding, but screw it, this was Sevisse they were talking about.

Raven reached for her hand and tried to pull her close to him again, hoping she wouldn't do anything too risky. "You're the one in danger here," he pleaded quietly. "She wants you dead, not me. Don't do anything stupid." There was nothing short of genuine concern on his face. "One way or another, I'm not dying today. But we need to get you out of here."

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

11 Oct 2017, 03:55 #9

Apophis turned, following the black organoid as he moved away. His rage burned through his vision, clouding more than just his eyesight. He had forgotten about the female, his resolve fixed upon ripping the male apart piece by piece. With one of his long blades gripped in his teeth, his head moved to swing, to impale. And then he froze.. literally. A freezing torrent of air and vapor struck his legs, gluing him to the sand beneath. He hissed in fury, both unable to move and unable to reach the other organoid. He whipped his head to glare at the female, and he paused. Her jaws were agape and still misting from the ice she had fired at him. That, however, did not concern him. Orange particles began to swirl and gather in her maw. He was an old, ancient organoid, even more so than the two before him. He was unused to weapons of her kind, yet he knew she was much more dangerous than the one he had been battling.

Blizzard had not fired her plasma in a long while. The thrill of it always excited her.. the fact that she could wield a power much greater than her claws alone. She found herself grateful to her old master and Lady Zi for gifting her its usage. And with her blessing in mind, she braced herself and fired. Apophis made an unholy screeching noise as he attempted to free himself from the ice. He was not quick enough. The plasma beam speared him straight in the gut, shattering him free from the grip of the ice and sending him careening into one of the broken buildings. The concrete groaned under the further stress and fell with a flurry of dust and gravel.

Hisk felt the air compress as Vira moved to his side.

"I am not afraid," she said to Raven, looking back at him with fire in her blue eyes. "She can't kill me because I have Vais. And even if she infects you, it won't matter."

Confidence burned from her to him, and she smiled widely, unafraid.

"I know you won't hurt me. You never have, even when we hated each other and you could have. You were stronger than me then, but you were never cruel."

She turned around to fix Sevisse with a stare. The wolf creature snorted rudely.

"Foolish girl. He is as weak as your father. If I manage to get into his head, which I most certainly will, I could make him do anything from dancing the tango to throwing himself off of a cliff. Do not play this game with me. You would do well to obey him and run, not believe in an emotion as feeble and changeable as love."

Sevisse had a habit of moving quick, and before Vais could fully materialize in the air, she snapped forward like elastic, smacking the girl one way and the organoid the other. Hisk squawked with surprise as he rolled, but Vira was more prepared, and skidded to a stop a few feet away.

Sevisse now stood mere inches from Raven, and she grinned meanly, exposing her rows of fangs.

"One way or another, you aren't dying today," she said, mimicking his earlier words. "But I can't say the same about your slut. She might believe in you, but do you believe in yourself." Her eyes sparkled with mirth.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

13 Oct 2017, 03:32 #10

Shadow rumbled with satisfaction as Apophis crashed into the rubble. He shook his head and body like a dog ridding itself of water- his face felt strange on top of the discomfort. He dipped his head down and reached up with a claw to feel how far his spike had been wrenched. It was so twisted he wondered how it was still there.

His blue eyes snapped back to Blizzard as he dashed over to her. Thank Eve for cannons. He waited beside her, trying to peer through the dust for the result of Blizzard’s blast. He felt Raven’s adrenaline. There was less fear and more confidence now. This reassured him, but he still snuck several glances in the human’s direction. He noted Hisk now too, another loyal ally he knew they could count on.

Vira’s words left Raven emboldened. Inspired, even. It wasn’t often someone gave him a compliment. And to come from Vira, that just made it so much more special. He couldn’t quite put a finger on why, but he hadn’t felt such pride in himself in ages. Raven had witnessed cruelty, and Vira was right. He wasn’t cruel. Violent? Yes. Cruel? No.

But if Raven was beaming, it was only for a moment. Sevisse wiped the look off his face the moment she touched Vira. He reached for her and missed, and suddenly found himself face to face with the wolf. Clenching his jaw, his eyes darted to Vira and Hisk and back again. Ironically, Raven felt relieved. Vira was not the direct target. Even if she could care for herself, he couldn’t risk it.

Maaaaybe now he could pull the tail. Just enough so Vais could intervene, he hoped.

Slowly, carefully, Raven took several steps backwards for Sevisse to follow. “And could you lay off the name calling? I mean, you’re really the only slut here. What with you going around and hooking up with whoever you want and all,” He was careful to keep the beast's attention on him, maintaining defiant eye contact. A mischievous smile crept its way to his lips. “Seriously. You’ve been in three different heads in 24 hours. Why would I want you?” Back, and back he stepped, “I mean- I like it rough, but I kind of think you crossed a line last time,” He winked mockingly, thoroughly amused with himself. Oh how he hoped Vais would take pity on him and help..

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

13 Oct 2017, 05:32 #11

The wolf watched him step back, though she did not get up to follow. She stared at him with malevolence, her growl pitching lower and lower.

"Stupid boy. Maybe you haven't claimed her as yours after all," her ears flicked a bit to the sides, as if with sorrow. "You clearly have no idea how to differentiate between sexual activities and--" Her claws clacked the concrete below as she stood, "--dominance."

Quick as lightning she pounced, her movement fluid as liquid. It was expected this time. Her claws just barely swiped the front of Raven's jacket before the screeching started. Vais met her headlong, wings flared and talons spread. He bore her to the ground, his superior weight pinning the other beast. She wriggled below him, suddenly desperate. She knew her position underneath him was dangerous. Vais ran his tongue over his fangs, as if the thought of killing her spiked his hunger.

"Now who is silly, vilkas?"

She hissed.

"You seem to take a great interest in the girl's bedroom prowess.. Are you jealous, perhaps?"

The struggling ceased, and Sevisse turned her muzzle incredulously up to peer at the dragon. Vais grinned smugly, knowing he had plucked a nerve.

"Not getting any lately, hmm? Please be aware.." he lowered his muzzle to hers, pressing his fanged jaws to her own. His glowing crimson eyes reflected off of them both, overpowering the amber glow of her own. ".. that I will not oblige you in any way."

Vira deadpanned as the wolf literally started spluttering.

"I-- you-- what?"

Sevisse began to thrash like an eel, probably more out of embarrassment than anything else. She was spitting words like "impossible" and "elder" and "hate". Vais looked upon her with boredom, yet she still managed to evade his hold and get her chest unpinned. She slithered out from under him and backed off, her ears pinned back.

"It's not fun being taunted, is it?"

This came from Vira, and Sevisse glared at her with resentment.

"Comparing the two is vile. He is an elder," she said, as if that fact alone was important. Vira wanted to ask how it was different.. Sevisse had no problem fighting him. Vais seemed to understand her discomfort, and he grinned meanly as if he had spurred her on purpose.

"How you two filthy brats mate creates nothing but a squabbling little pest that is, on the best of days, food. Shadowbeasts are different.. We create something more--" Sevisse paused, and fixed an amber eye on the dragon. "Something powerful."

Her tail flicked, as if the thought pleased her, even over the severe discomfort she had found at the thought of bonding with an elder. Suddenly, Vais was the one who looked discomfited, and Vira, absurdly, had to resist the urge to burst out laughing at him.

"Well that backfired! Maybe you can make her leave Raven alone if she wants to do the dirty with you!"

Vais snorted at his hosts' mirth, and snuffed Sevisse's brooding plan with a disdainful and haughty glare.

"As if I would lower myself to lay with a pitiful creature like you."

Sevisse growled, affronted, but not exactly discouraged. The little interlude was forgotten as her hatred grew, especially towards the little snot fighting back a grin. She would punish her later, when she infected the boy and made him kill her.

As Vais watched her, he noticed that her legs were quivering. Not from excitement, but from weakness. The wounds he had inflicted on her were stark and gray against the black of her flanks and head. Her head drooped and the quivering shadows of her body sagged downwards as if they were limp.. She would not live much longer. She would continue to deteriorate rapidly if she did not repair herself with a live host. Vais thought she knew, he could see the fringes of maddening desperation creeping into her eyes.

Apophis hissed with displeasure underneath the rubble, already knowing the armor around his midsection was charred and ripped. His displeasure grew when Sevisse knocked into his thoughts.

"Apophis. I need you to do something for me."
I am.. indisposed at the moment, he grated.
"As am I.. regrettably."

Apophis noted her tone, and listened more carefully.

"I need you to distract the drakonas."

Apophis huffed in disbelief.

How exactly am I supposed to do that? If you can't touch him.. I cannot. And do you recall what he did to me back at the base?
"Do not go for him. Kill the bitch."

Apophis paused in thought, thinking of the girl. She was small.. and easily reachable. He saw her through Sevisse's mind, the two shadowbeasts were sitting a good piece away. He could slip close enough to be a threat. Close enough to draw the dragon's attention away. Sevisse only needed a moment, he knew from experience. And while he had no quarrel with anyone, he wanted Sevisse out of his mind. He wanted to be free.

And so, the organoid crept free from the rubble and plotted a way to reach the humans.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

13 Oct 2017, 06:50 #12

Raven dropped his arms from shielding his face and breathed a sigh of relief as Vais exploded into physical form. He had braced himself and held his breath incase Sevisse did actually strike him. His heart pounded in his chest so hard, it caused his ribs to ache through the mask of adrenaline. He looked down and noticed the smallest slices in his jacket. They were so perfect and clean. He barely felt her touch. He shuddered at the thought of her claws actually connecting with his skin.

Raven shook his head, ridding himself of the realization of the “what-ifs,” and jogged back to Vira. He looked offended at Sevisse, and squinted his eyes judgingly at her.

“She’s absolutely a ‘sexual creature,’” he mocked in his best Sevisse impression, “Now she’s a slut and a liar,” he muttered, this time not so eager to draw attention.

Shadow couldn’t help but be distracted by all the emotions from the others. He couldn’t tell who was embarrassing who, why that was happening, but- there was no panic, so he dismissed his questions and focused on the rubble Apophis’ was last seen in. He crept forward a few steps, a growl bubbling up from within. Something wasn’t right.

Raven noticed the weakness of the wolf. Her trembling gave him hope. How badly he wanted Vais to end her. To end this madness. His brow furrowed. Just kill her. They were so close to freedom. ”Kill her.”

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

13 Oct 2017, 07:20 #13

Blizzard followed him towards the rubble, nosing around the rocks and peering down into the crevasse Apophis had created. She saw no outline or dark shapes.. She saw no glow of his golden eyes. Shadow.. Her voice was low, and gripped with alarm. He had eluded them.. Them! He was huge! She cast her eyes about fretfully, though she saw no sign of the red beast.

Vais flicked his eyes to Raven, hearing his mental plea. The dragon heaved a sigh, and he had every intention to actually obey and snuff the dying flame of Sevisse's life force out.

They should have known better.

Vais might have been extraordinarily powerful, but he could not be in two places at once. He was not as agile as Sevisse, yet even she probably could not intercept the attack that was coming.

Apophis had used the sunless corridors to creep up the nearest building face. It had been astonishingly easy to escape notice from everyone.. His scarlet body and gold tipped talons stuck out like a sore thumb against the metal and stone of the concrete building. He stopped as the two humans drew together, and then he pounced. He landed with a solid thump, mere feet from the girl, one of his blades already gripped in his teeth. He vaguely heard the dragon roar, and he had to be quick before he was annihilated.

He braced his talons against the earth and swung the blade down with every ounce of killing intent he could muster.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

13 Oct 2017, 08:11 #14

Watch out! Shadow sprang into the air and swooped back to the humans, his boosters aiding him.

The alarm was loud and clear. It made the hair on his neck stand on end and prompted a swift reaction. Raven caught only a glimpse of scarlet as he landed and pieced together the attack in a split second. The last rays of sun sparkled off the edge of the blade in what felt like slow motion.

There was no time.

And there was no room.

He grit his teeth and threw himself hard against Vira’s shoulder, violently shoving her out of the way. However, he couldn’t clear the blade himself. There was a sick crunch of snapping bone. An agonizing pain exploded in his chest and he arched backwards, unable to contain a painful cry as he connected with the concrete wall behind him. Clawing at his chest, he gashed his fingers open against it.

His gasps were labored. He forced his eyes down at the thing. The golden blade. Serrated and smeared with blood.

Shadow collided with the red organoid with total disregard for himself, sending the beast careening into a further wall. How he wanted to tear Apophis apart! But his boy! Raven’s panic washed over him like a tsunami. He whipped around and sprang back to the human. He could feel the human’s consciousness wavering.

Raven gaped at the blade in disbelief, shallowly panting through the piercing pain, stifling what noises he could. Blood started dripping down the golden edge. He could feel his shirt already sticking to his back and chest. Panic gripped his mind like vice.

Metal grated against concrete as Raven slid down the wall. He could hear it- the metal on the other side. It went the whole way through. Blood spilled off the blade as he fell to his hands and knees. His arms trembled against his weight. Shadow was there- good. His gaze unsteadily searched for Vira.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

13 Oct 2017, 09:15 #15

It felt so surreal. She had seen this before.. Deep in the dark recesses of her nearly immaculate memory.. Her mother had died like this. Time froze, grinding to a cruel stop. Even Sevisse stood frozen a few feet from them, apparently she had tried to stop Apophis as soon as she saw Raven move. Vais hovered behind her, his eyes ablaze. He made no aggressive move towards her, because.. he knew.

She turned her muzzle back to look at him, and to her small credit, she did not gloat. She did not sneer, nor did she cackle. She simply looked from Vais back to the boy that was an edge from death. Somewhere in her brain she registered she wanted to kill Apophis. The bumbling fool had accomplished being a distraction. In a big way. She had not anticipated this, and she considered her options. There was a break in her thoughts as a noise reached her ears. It was quite inhuman.. But it was coming from the girl.

Vira dropped down to her knees beside Raven, her hands shaking violently. She was gasping, unable to breathe, really.

"W-wha--" she found she couldn't speak. She couldn't ask why he had done that, because she knew. She would have done the same, and she thought perhaps the soul wrenching guilt and horror was more painful than the blade.

"V-Vais!"

He picked up his head at her stuttering cry. She was looking at him with a soul deep plea in her eyes. The dragon, for once, looked upon Raven and felt the most sincere of gratitude.. However, he could not heal this. Vira must have interpreted this from his expression, for her mouth opened and her face fell. He watched her heart crumple and her resolve fade. Blizzard felt the dominoes begin to tip and fall. Any ounce of joy she had felt evaporated. Hisk stifled a whine as his human turned her face to Raven.

"I'm so sorry," she said, her hands fisting the sand below. The broken pieces of glass scratched her palms, yet she didn't feel it. "F-for all of this. This is my mess."

She pressed her face into his hair, uncaring of the blood.

"I love you," she whispered, quiet yet firm.

Sevisse's snort of contempt went unnoticed by Vira, yet Blizzard and Hisk both snarled at her, bristling and ready to leap at her. The shadowbeast grumbled at them, yet did not attack. She was staring at Vais.

"You know I can fix this," she said.

The dragon growled low.

The wolf finally gave a savage grin, and turned towards Vira. She padded over to plant herself in front of Raven. She leaned down, her muzzle level with his eyes. Vira bristled when she noticed, but Sevisse ignored her.

"You seem to have gotten into a pickle, little human," her voice was low. "I'm sure you're aware that I am every bit as much of a shadowbeast as the drakonas. That is the only reason he isn't attempting to kill me. I'm sure we can reach a mutually beneficial agreement, yes?"

She got down on her paws to peer into his face.

"I heal you, you heal me. You live to see another day," her amber gaze moved to Vira, who was clutching the boy like he was her lifeline. "If you decline, well. The girl is easily within distance of my jaws. I will kill her as you grip to life. I will paint you with her blood as you die.. Then you can lay down beside her broken body, and you may die together."

Her maw spread in a cruel smile.

"Choose."
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

13 Oct 2017, 20:08 #16

Blood soaked his shirt. It streamed down his torso. This was not his plan. He felt his strength draining in tandem with his blood. His pulse quickened. His nostrils flared with quick and shallow wheezing and his skin grew pallid.

But there was comfort in Vira’s touch. Her words registered, and he closed his eyes. It gave him solace. Reduced to a faintly whimpering and quivering bloody mass, he leaned into her for support, replaying her words in his mind. Over and over.

Shadow spat a snarl at Sevisse as she approached, hissing and flaring his wings as a desperate warning- but something in his mind pulled his attention back to his human. Their connection- their very bond- was weakening.

Piece by piece, thread by thread, he felt the link unraveling.

He could taste blood now. It dripped from the corners of his mouth. The world was unsteady, but he was able to make out the silhouette of Sevisse. Anger welled up inside him at her offer, but all the anger in the world would not save him now, nor Vira, and he was acutely aware of this. His gaze dropped to their hands in the sand. The blade was in the way.

Trembling, Raven reached and touched her face. His movements were unsteady but he managed to trace her jaw, streaking a wobbly line of blood across her fine features. ”I love you, I won’t hurt you.” The words wouldn’t come out, a wave of intense pain crushing him from the inside. ”I love you, I won’t hurt you.” He tried to find her eyes again, his own eyes wet- but the world was spinning and he kept losing her. Clenching the blade again, he bared his teeth and stifled an outcry. The red fluid oozed freely through his fingers. He gasped for air but coughed up blood. It was everywhere. His hand fell to her wrist to steady himself, his whole body quivering. The forms around him lost definition. The world lost vibrancy with every heartbeat.

Piece by piece. Thread by thread.

The organoid whined as panic set in. He was fading quickly. He knew Raven would not survive a trip to the hospital. He cast a look at Vais, then Sevisse, almost pleadingly.

Piece by piece.

The world seemed distant now. He sunk the rest of the way to the crimson muddied ground, bumping the blade in the process to open new pathways to bleed from. But he didn’t react this time. Shadow squawked in alarm and scrambled over Raven.

The color was gone from his skin. Cool to the touch. If he was breathing, it was hardly noticeable.

Shadow nudged his shoulder. The cloth stamped his muzzle red. Raven. He nudged his cheek. Raven!

Thread by thread.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

13 Oct 2017, 20:44 #17

Vira felt it, too. The little fibers stretched thin between them, fragile as new spun glass. One by one they crinkled and snapped, and Vira felt her own heart go cold with the feeling of it. Unfeeling, one hand had gone to Shadow as he approached, gripping the organoid around whatever appendage was closest, taking what comfort she could in him. Raven still sang from him, but it did not abate the pain.

"Girl."

Sevisse's voice was a drawn out hiss of contempt, but Vira's eyes drifted up to her anyway. She couldn't understand why the beast was asking for her permission, yet the wolf waited anyway. Perhaps there was some shred of compassion in the wolf after all?

Raven's conviction reached her, however weak it was in her thoughts. She could not summon a smile to her face, but she squeezed him in understanding. The truth of it encouraged her heart to beat a little faster.

"Vira," her own beast said from far away.

"There's no time," Vira croaked, her voice brimming with tears. "You can't convince me otherwise."

"The vilkas is not like me," he repeated words from earlier, "She is cruel, and she will try to break him. If he attempts to hurt you, I will kill him."

"He loves me, he won't hurt me," she affirmed, her tone low, yet her words like steel. She looked up at Sevisse, the wolf mute during their exchange. Vira hoped she was doing the right thing..

"Do it."

The wolf grinned and abruptly reached her fanged muzzle over and gripped the blade in her teeth. Vira made a wordless protesting noise as Sevisse set a paw on Raven's shoulder and yanked the weapon from his body. It came free with a grotesque plopping noise and a spray of dark blood. She tossed the offending thing away, and it clattered noisily as it landed.

Sevisse exploded into formless shadows immediately, funneling into the dying boy. She entered easily and without conflict from the boy. They had waited almost too long, she could feel his life force dimming. It flickered like a gutted candle flame. The removal of the blade had been like the set of fingers to pinch it out. Sevisse, weakened as she was, drew strength from his life force regardless. She spread of like wildfire, repairing the damage the blade had done first, reconnecting muscle and bone and organ. Meticulously, she mended arteries and blood vessels. Even his ribs fused back together. Of course, she would have to spike his blood, or her efforts would be futile.

It would be painful, but better than the alternative. Her claws extended, sinking into his metaphysical being, attaching herself like the parasite she was. She closed her hooded amber eyes and delivered the spike, sending a flood of new red blood cells to work. Sure, they were her own, and it would hurt if he was aware yet, but the danger was basically over, and she grinned like a feral thing.

"Get up, boy," she whispered like silk into his awakening subconscious, "It's time to slaughter."
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

14 Oct 2017, 01:01 #18

Shadow whined as Sevisse dissipated and the dust settled. He inched closer. There was no movement. Blood soaked Raven’s clothing. It was smeared on his hands. It speckled his face. He laid in a horrifying amount of it. It coated his hair in patches and stuck to his pale as death skin. It slithered through the debris of concrete and sand, making a lukewarm mud that smelled of iron.

Shadow whimpered, gently nudging Raven’s hand. Before his very eyes he saw the deep cuts on his finger seal themselves. He rumbled anxiously, feeling the essence flicker.

It was there, but It was.. different.

His fingers twitched.

Raven?

Shadow could feel the steady light, then suddenly, the fire returned in one ferocious burst.

A shriek echoed through the corridors as Raven suddenly writhed in agony, startling Shadow, who sprang backwards in alarm with a flurry of wing flaps. Raven jerked to his side, coughing up the blood that pooled in his lungs. Somehow through the choking and gagging he pulled his knees under himself, grabbing fistfulls of sand and squeezing it tightly.

Shadow watched the color return to his skin from afar. He felt different. And it scared him.

Finally the choking subsided. His breathing was heavy, but not labored.

But He just sat there, motionless, staring at the ground... listening.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

14 Oct 2017, 01:47 #19

Blizzard had inched forward at the noises, taking the back of Vira's jacket and dragging her back towards the shelter of her body. Vira didn't protest, knowing Blizzard was wary of Raven's reaction. Wait.

Vais watched the boy carefully, feeling his new, more intense aura. It reeked of the vilkas.. he stank of her renewed power, however feeble it was. He heaved a sigh, and caught Vira looking at him.

"Why couldn't you have--"

"Because. I am not all powerful," he seemed unabashed to say this aloud. "You are my host, not him. I cannot split myself in two."

"But you healed him on the beach," she said, confused.

"I healed his superficial wounds so he could help me tend to you. I was able to bring you back from the brink of death because I have infected you. I am a parasite, your blood now contains part of me. That is the only reason my blood was able to replace yours. His blood is not mine, it would have killed him."

Vira blinked and peered carefully at Raven, emboldened when he made no aggressive move towards any of them.

"Be careful," Vais admonished, reminding her of his threat as she moved slowly back over to the other pilot.

She touched his shoulder, light and cautious, like he was a wild animal. But, her voice was unafraid as she called his name.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

14 Oct 2017, 02:21 #20

At the sound of her voice, Raven whipped around and caught Vira’s neck with one smooth motion, smearing her with red as he smashed her against the wall. Blood leaked from his nose and mouth again, freely dripping to the floor in thick plops. His eyes finally opened. Dark and hazy, yet very alive. He snatched Apophis’ blade from the ground with his free hand. He turned a sadistic gaze on the woman he pinned. He growled something inaudible, squeezing her neck and digging his nails into her soft skin. “LOOK AT ME!” he roared, blood gurgling in his airway.

Through his confusion and disbelief Shadow sent a flurry of cords to restrain the pilot, snaking around his body and limbs and pulling tight. But it was as if the cords didn’t even exist. Raven pulled himself to his feet and shoved Vira further up the wall so they were eye level. He pressed his forearm against her chest, pinning her.

“Who will save you NOW?!” he bellowed. The wires tried to wriggle around his fingers, but his grip was solid. There was no room to separate them.

“What did you think would happen!? You’ll live happily ever after?!” A sinister smile crawled onto his lips and he laughed darkly, golden eyes wild with a kind of sick satisfaction.

He leaned in closer, making sure to lock gazes with her. “I win,” he whispered hoarsely. He raised the golden blade, in spite of the restraints, and angled it upwards just under her ribs. Raven’s blood, beaded and smeared all over the blade, absorbed into her shirt as he touched the point to her body. He pressed his body against hers and touched his cheek to her’s, pausing for but a moment, “Again,” he whispered to her ear, applying pressure with the point to pierce her delicate skin.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

14 Oct 2017, 03:48 #21

Vais was a deadly blur, his talons spreading like knives. His hiss of anger reached them about the same time he did. "No! Wait!" It took every shred of sway she possessed over the shadowbeast to stop his downward swing. He snarled with displeasure, his hot breath fanning over them like a furnace.

Vira, for the first time in a long, long time, found herself afraid of the man in front of her. No, not him. This wasn't his fault. Nevertheless, she quivered under his hold, both from fear and adrenaline.

"I'm not afraid," she said, softly and with conviction. "You won't hurt me, Raven."

He seemed unimpressed at first, because he pressed the bloodied blade against her, and she winced slightly when the tip found purchase and grated against her rib. But, it wasn't anything she wasn't used to feeling. Her shaking hands lifted, and she gripped his shoulders with purpose, pressing into him without concern.

Her heart swelled, even with the situation. He was alive. She had never felt such agonizing pain at the prospect of going on in life without him. They had finally found something in their miserable lives that made them happy, and it had been halfway ripped out of her hands. But she was holding on to him, and she worked towards pulling him back.

"I think I've won, too, don't you think?" She asked, gripping his cheeks and pulling him back a bit so she could see his face. The wolf's amber fire flashed through the lavender she was used to, but she saw it still, and she knew.

"You are strong, Raven. You can beat this."

The blade pierced her still, and her blood had run out in rivets to join his on the sandy dirt.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

14 Oct 2017, 07:32 #22

As she pushed his face back the blade halted. The lavender in his eyes connected with her sapphire and his intensity softened.

Her skin was so soft. Her voice so reassuring.

His face abruptly contorted with rage and he twisted the blade sharply. Her fear was intoxicating! With teeth bared he jerked the blade backwards and aimed it higher, the amber festering up again.

He thrust the blade forward, but froze, just short of touching her.

His intense gaze locked on her. Unwavering. Unblinking. His hands began to tremble. His body quivered.

His grip on her throat released suddenly and he whipped the blade down with such force it stuck in the concrete beneath the sand. He staggered back several steps and his stare dropped. Shadow pulled until he fell to his knees, visibly shaking.

The cords were taught.

“I- I won’t hurt you,” he whispered unsteadily, “I love you.” Droplets fell to the ground as he shook his head, some blood, some mixed with water. “I won’t hurt you,” this time louder, though his voice wavered, his gaze fixed to the ground, “I love you.”

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

17 Oct 2017, 12:10 #23

Vira dropped down flat on her feet with a gasp, Blizzard there to support her. Her organoid had been awfully quiet, both in her mind and physically. Her wings, still uncased from earlier, retracted with a smooth click, indicating her stress levels had dropped. However, she still eyed Raven with a shred of mistrust, highly unusual for Blizzard. She liked Raven, considered him a secondary companion, even. But this flash of violence made her uneasy. How could they protect the both of them from this?

Vira didn't seem too worried about it, she rounded her organoid and practically tackled the other human with a hug.

Blizzard turned her eyes to Shadow, then over to Vais, who had backed away slowly and also seemed to be in thought. He met her gaze, and she saw the same quandary reflected back at her. It was rare she talked to the dragon privately, but she opened her mind to him alone. She was unsure if he'd respond, but she felt the beast's yawning chasm of power fall over her senses as he accepted her invitation. Belatedly, she included Shadow, as well.

How are we going to fix this? What are we supposed to do?

Blizzard expected the shadowbeast to know.. He always had an answer.

"I don't know."

His response floored the organoid. Vais snorted.

"You all believe me to be some kind of omniscient god. Yes, I am powerful, and I can do things humanity and Zoids cannot. But, I am one piece of a vast race. I am an elder, but there are members of my species with tenfold my strength, but even they are not godly," the dragon, again, seemed unembarrassed about admitting his flaws, or that there were beings more powerful than he.

I just-- how can we help Vira and Raven?
"The simple solution would be to kill the boy, but even I do not want to do that."

For once, Blizzard heard his sincerity about the other human.

"I suppose we just have to deal with her flare ups as they come. Perhaps I can teach the boy how to resist her a little better, I don't know. Though the vilkas is young, she is sadly still stronger than any of you. It will be hard for him to come to terms with the fact that, eventually, she will beat him."

Vais stared at her for a long moment, then finally, "She is also aggressive. My species takes a host and kills it quick. I have told you this before."

Blizzard nodded her head solemnly.

You said the only reason Vira has lived for so long is because you suppress your power.. so you are less parasitic..
"Yes. The vilkas will not do the same. Just as I remain in Vira and she will eventually die, so, too will Raven. But much more rapidly. We're going to have to find a way to kill her, and then I, too, must move on."
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

17 Oct 2017, 23:35 #24

Her embrace was unexpected and would have knocked him down if Shadow had not balanced them. Given the slack, Raven adjusted and wrapped Vira ever so tightly in his arms. He clutched her head to his chest and buried his face in her hair.

“Y-you didn’t let me go,” he stammered, squeezing her tighter. There was no restraining his relief. It streamed down his cheeks. His heart ached, but brimmed with joy all the same.

Yet he was terrified. Terrified that Sevisse could make him hurt her.

Slowly, he gripped Vira’s shoulders and peeled her off, their clothing coming apart with a wet sound. He reached for the edge of her shirt and gently lifted it up to expose the wound he had inflicted.

His stomach dropped at the sight and his heart filled with regret.

He wondered if.. maybe she should have let him go.

Shadow took in the flow of information from the others, though his gaze remained fixed to the humans. He loved Raven with all his heart. But he could feel Sevisse bubbling within. He had yet to release the pilot from his coils.

An involuntary hiss seethed out at the mention of killing his Raven, though he would admit, it made sense. But it wasn’t an option, and he was grateful Vais was willing to give Raven a chance.

He’s a timebomb waiting to explode on any one of us, he added regretfully to their dilemma. How can we kill her without killing him? We would have to draw her out again, yes? His stare broke from the humans and peered over at Vais. Kurt did not fare well when Sevisse left him.

Fashionably late, the silhouette of the Geno Breaker appeared on the horizon. Its thrusters ceased a safe distance from the Fury and the Tyrann, and it proceeded to steadily march up to the group. It rumbled a greeting to the Fury, but eyed the Tyrann suspiciously through one gleaming optic. Sensing great stress in its pilot, a spike of confusion prodded its awareness and it creeped closer to the humans.

Vira
Rookie
Vira
Rookie

21 Oct 2017, 03:22 #25

"Of course I didn't," she replied, happily. "I knew you wouldn't hurt me."

She smacked his hands away from her shirt.

"And don't think that being poked constitutes "hurting". I've had worse from you. I used to get as beat up as my Fury when we ran into your ornery ass," she grinned, seemingly unconcerned about the fact that a violent shadowbeast hellbent on using him as a means to her death occupied his body now.

Hisk scrambled up to them both, rumbling his happiness and affection. He bumped Raven's shoulder with his muzzle.

Hisky thinks Mister Lord Raven shouldn't be so upset. That mean ol' dog tried her hardest an' ye still couldn't hurt Vivi. Hisky knew ye wouldn't! He flashed his fangs with a grin.

"Killing her will do not damage to Raven mentally," Vais responded. "That is exactly how to be rid of her. Though I'd imagine she will be reluctant to leave now that she is in. She knows I can't enter the boy to fight her, because that will damage him irreparably. She also knows I will attempt to kill her if she takes physical form."

The dragon heaved a heavy sigh at the predicament.

"Kurt had sustained damage from her already. He died because it was his time, his death was inevitable, whether the vilkas had left him or not."

The Fury answered in kind, and though it normally wasn't so amicable with the red Zoid, it was happy to have its company against the Tyrann. Toulouse had made no aggressive overtures towards the Fury as the humans dealt with the shadowbeast, as the Fury had not moved to intervene. He also didn't growl or otherwise antagonize the Breaker as it appeared. He simply watched them all with patient eyes, wondering when he could go back to being on his own.
<div align=center>

Vais

Raven
L33T RAWR
Raven
L33T RAWR

21 Oct 2017, 05:59 #26

Raven managed the smallest half smile at her attempt to justify what he had done, though he found no words to agree with her. He only pulled her close again, exhaling a sigh of relief against her dark hair as he held her tightly. He glanced to Hisk as the organoid touched his shoulder, nodding in agreement. Even Hisk wasn't annoying, the poor beast.

Having some logic from Vais, Shadow slowly released the human from his grips. His chest plates locked back together as he rounded the two, opposite of Hisk.

How do you feel? He lowered his head down, eye level with the humans.

Raven looked up, puzzled at the damage to the organoid's spike. "Your face-" he touched the twisted armor, piecing together the amount of force and thrashing it would have taken to do such damage.

My face will heal. What about you? Can you walk?

"I'm.. fine?" He seemed confused at this revelation. Maybe slightly dizzy, or slightly.. achy? Something felt off, but compared to four minutes ago, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just gross.”

Let's get our things and go. No need to draw any more attention to ourselves. The organoid nudged Raven’s shoulder, motioned with his large head for him stand, and plodded off to the Geno Breaker. Raven watched him, feeling guilty for the organoid’s short behavior, though he knew the beast was right.

Pushing off the ground to stand, he offered Vira a sandy, bloody hand to assist her, “Shall we?” There was a warmth- an authenticity- about him not usually present as he awaited her eyes.