Generation Zi Chat!

Ah, OOC.. The place to chill with fellow RPers. Enjoy. (Members only area.)

Generation Zi Chat!

Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ
Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ

15 Dec 2009, 02:29 #1

Generation Zi has its own IRC chat room now!

Nickname Registration (Recommended!)

RULES:
1. Don't be an idiot/jerk.
2. Anything goes, just try not to offend anyone. And if someone asks you to stop, please try to stop for them.
3. No background colors for the text, and try to keep the font color to something that's not eye bleeding. So no yellow/aqua/anything else blinding.
4. Don't use the sound thing, please.
5. PLEASE use your GZ Nickname or something that allows us to identify you for who you are. Personal nickname (Like I use Steely) is fine, just tell us who you are on the board if anyone asks.
6. DO NOT IMPERSONATE ANYONE. Not only will I boot you off of the chat, I will ban you for a week on the site. So don't do it.

More may be added as we think of things. Rules may also be changed at any time, depending on current events, whatnot, and whatever.

HOW TO CONNECT:

Trillian, everyone's favourite multi-messenger program
- Open your Trillian user list and select Trillian at the top, then go to Connections -> Manage My Connections.
- Click the Add New Connection button at the bottom of the menu and select the IRC plugin from the popup menu.
- Input the following information:
Server Alias: GenZi (or any name you want)
IP: irc.mibbit.net
Nickname: Your GZ username
Username: Same as above
User Info: Same as above
- Connect to the IRC. When done, select the white dot at the top of the Trillian user list representing the IRC plugin and select 'Join a Channel'. Enter 'gzChat' as the channel, and you're done.

OR, if you're using Trillian Astra...

Server Alias: GenZi (or any name you want)
Nickname: Your GZ username
Server Host: irc.mibbit.net
- Connect to the IRC. When you're done, click the white/silverish dot at the bottom of the Trillian user list representing the IRC plugin and select 'Join a Channel'. Enter 'gzChat' with no password and join the channel.

Chatzilla, a Firefox IRC plugin
- Select Tools in Firefox, then Chatzilla.
- Choose your nickname by pressing the button next to the input box and selecting 'Change nickname...'.
- In the text box, enter '/server irc.mibbit.net' and hit enter to connect to the server.
- Type '/join #gzChat' to join the channel, and you're done.

mIRC, the original IRC program
- Select 'Select Server' from the File menu.
- Under the Connect section of the menu that has just popped up, select Servers and click the Add button.
Enter the following information:
Description: GenZi (or any name you want)
IRC Server: irc.mibbit.net
Ports: 6667
Group: (leave blank)
Password: (leave blank)
- When done, hit 'OK'. You should return to the Servers menu, so select GenZi from the menu and hit 'Select'.
- In the new menu, you can enter anything for your name and email address, but use your GZ nickname. Untick Invisible Mode, make sure 'New Server Window' is ticked and then hit Connect. When done, close the popup window that appears, type in the text box for the server '/join #gzChat', and you're done.

Mibbit, the no Java, no Flash IRC client
- Go to http://www.mibbit.com/chat/
- You should be in the Home tab. Beside the IRC dropdown menu, click server.
- Input:
Server address: irc.mibbit.net
Nick: Your nickname. You can register on Mibbit so no one else can use it.
Channel: #gzChat
- Click Go.
- Let chatroom load. Done!

List of Useful IRC Commands:

Code: Select all

/nick Nicknamehere [To change nicknames]
/join #channelname [To join another channel. From the main chat, if you want to join the IC Chat, you just type /join #ICgzChat]
/ me (without the space) Action Goes Here [BECOMES=>] Steel Cerberus Action Goes Here [Puts your chat name and then the action after it.]

If you have any questions, please ask in THIS thread here!

Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ
Steel Cerberus
I r T3H l33t NINJORZ

28 Oct 2013, 03:14 #2

I re-registered the chat today, if anyone wants to poke their nose in. If I'm online, I should be in there.