An incident at Inchon,Korea summer 1953

An incident at Inchon,Korea summer 1953

H.J.Cobb
H.J.Cobb

February 28th, 2003, 4:20 pm #1

In the summer of 1953 a unit of the 4th marines which was part of the 3rd mar.div.stationed in Japan.This unit was transfering Chicom pows to Taiwan.The landing craft crashed against an lst causing many marines to drown.Does any one remember this? I had a buddy that died years ago that told me about this also I was in Korea at the time and it was in the stars and stripes news paper.My pals name was cpl Carl W.Muntz

February 28th, 2003, 9:27 pm #2

at the time I was a member of 3dMarinesat Camp Fuji, Japan--the 4thMarines, it seems to me, were based at Nara, Japan--but I would have thought that it occurred earlier in 1953, as 3dMarines went to iwo Jima for maneuvers in February of that year, and I thought it was about the same time--has been a long time and memory gets a bit foggy after so many years.

Dick Gaines
Last edited by Dick Gaines on March 1st, 2003, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H.J.Cobb
H.J.Cobb

March 1st, 2003, 3:02 pm #3

The incident at inchon must have been in the late summer of 1953 because the 4th marines were in the process of taking chicom pows that had refused to go back to red china to taiwan.The korean war was over july 27 1953 so it had to be some time after that.The 4th marines were stationed at Nara Japan.
Semper Fi Jim Cobb