Moderator: Moderators

Zip
Guru
Guru

March 30th, 2018, 4:08 am #31

Assuming the surfaces would even be capable of being separated, the plastic would be so thin that it likely wouldn't be usable again even after just one coat of paint. The skin itself seems like it would have to be a very delicate surface for some of the pink to show through without looking like a clear part.

As far as not being friendly for modellers who paint and such, I guess it's the same way as with the RG inner frames. Most painters would like for them to be separate so that they could paint in-between the joints more easily, but that just isn't possible without damaging the frame.
Last edited by Zip on March 30th, 2018, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKai Cydek
Guru
Guru

March 30th, 2018, 10:58 am #32

Eesh...don't get me started on that. It's also the reason why I dislike those Ver.3.0 hands (or "Emotion Manipulators") so much, as it makes painting them properly difficult, and the nubmarks on the fingers such a pain to remove. The use of the older/bracket hands and finger parts is one of the main draws of new GMs for me.

I'm curious to see if any skilled modeler out there can pull off the delamination process, though.

Ryc03
Guru
Guru

March 30th, 2018, 11:18 am #33

Personally, there are still many stuff on this kit that I can still paint and customise. The outfit is colour separated, but they are simply gloss surface finished. Repainting them won't defeat the multi injection effect. It also does not look like the hair pieces will incorporate the new moulding technique, and I imagine will have multiple seamless to remove and repaint and shade.

When I build resin figure kits, I always find the most interesting things are usually painting outfit and hair anyway. Skintone are always a challenge, but not particularly interesting
Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 30th, 2018, 2:20 pm #34

Kiske: Preference. I didn't say Hatsune Miku was not over used (both characters are and Miku is even worse), but I prefer her over Fumina and I think her kit will be more interesting since we haven't seen her in kit form as often as Fumina.
Last edited by Guest on March 30th, 2018, 2:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

tetsujin
Guru
Guru

March 30th, 2018, 5:55 pm #35

Zip wrote:As far as not being friendly for modellers who paint and such, I guess it's the same way as with the RG inner frames. Most painters would like for them to be separate so that they could paint in-between the joints more easily, but that just isn't possible without damaging the frame.
As far as I know nothing about this kit would really be a problem for someone who just wanted to paint it themselves... It's kind of hard to explain my reaction. I guess I'd put it like this:

The tech going into that skin tone is kind of cool, and I sort of want one of these just to see the effect for myself, appreciate the clever use of technology and so on. But I don't want to accumulate display pieces that I didn't make myself. Nothing about this kit (as far as I know) prevents me from doing just that - but it also largely negates the particular quality that draws me to this specific kit in the first place.

So, maybe it's not for me... Still kind of cool though.

ZEE
Fan
Fan

March 30th, 2018, 6:06 pm #36

CKai Cydek wrote:I'm curious to see if any skilled modeler out there can pull off the delamination process, though.
I'm still unclear as to what point this could possibly serve.

kajnrig
Fan
Fan

March 30th, 2018, 7:50 pm #37

ZEE wrote:I'm still unclear as to what point this could possibly serve.
It'd be fun to see.

ZEE
Fan
Fan

March 30th, 2018, 10:13 pm #38

True enough, though I bet "ghastly body horror" pretty much sums up whatever's lurking underneath that top layer.

tetsujin
Guru
Guru

March 31st, 2018, 5:10 am #39

The idea of making Fumina melt like she just looked at the Ark does have a certain appeal.

CKai Cydek
Guru
Guru

June 10th, 2018, 12:41 pm #40

A review of the kit: http://blog.livedoor.jp/hobisima-rittai ... 2018-06-10

For what it is, it's impressive, I gotta say. At first, I was really concerned about those (apparently necessary due to the molding) nasty red nubs on the legs and feet, but because of the way the kit goes together, they're all pretty much hidden. So the only issues are the seams on the hair and those chunky nubs on the skin and some parting lines, but I'm assuming some deft sanding will take care of those.

Now the only issue regarding this is that it's freaking sold out everywhere! :facepalm:

Ryc03
Guru
Guru

June 10th, 2018, 5:37 pm #41

Looks like I will still need to do a bit of airbrushing on the skintone, since sanding is never gonna hide those seam lines and nub marks completely. but overall it looks good. Ther are always a way to handle those seamlines on the hair section. in the worst case scenario, you can slip a piece of tissue to protect the face, glue the hairs, sand them down and airbrush them, then peel the tissue off afterward.

CKai Cydek
Guru
Guru

June 11th, 2018, 2:26 am #42

Ryc03 wrote:Looks like I will still need to do a bit of airbrushing on the skintone, since sanding is never gonna hide those seam lines and nub marks completely. but overall it looks good. Ther are always a way to handle those seamlines on the hair section. in the worst case scenario, you can slip a piece of tissue to protect the face, glue the hairs, sand them down and airbrush them, then peel the tissue off afterward.
I was wondering if there was a way to slide the hair section onto the head by cutting off the pegs, but it doesn't seem like it'll work due to the parts' structure. Oh, well. Face-masking it is, I suppose.

EDIT: Found a let's build video of this kit, and I just noticed that the arms do not have that red-orange mold injection tone like the legs and torso do. A bit disappointing, that. Fumina has no blood pumping through her arms - they must feel as numb as a statue :-/
Last edited by CKai Cydek on June 11th, 2018, 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ryc03
Guru
Guru

June 11th, 2018, 7:54 pm #43

CKai Cydek wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to slide the hair section onto the head by cutting off the pegs, but it doesn't seem like it'll work due to the parts' structure. Oh, well. Face-masking it is, I suppose.
I can't tell until it is on hand, but at minimum I should be able to do the front pieces as one, the rear pieces by itself, and the ponytail as one piece. Having the front piece by itself is pretty common, so a gap there wouldn't raise much eyebrow. In fact, because Fumina ties her hair back, it means a distinctive separation in the direction of the hair front the ears onward.

kajnrig
Fan
Fan

September 7th, 2018, 4:10 am #44

So I know this figure is currently discontinued by Bandai while they work out some production kinks, but it's apparently still in stock at Gundam Planet. I dunno if GP is any good or not, but there you are if you're interested.

https://www.gundamplanet.com/figure-ris ... shino.html

Ryc03
Guru
Guru

September 10th, 2018, 3:49 pm #45

I have an order with BigBadToyStore, and is wondering why they are so slow on getting stocks. Now I know.

CKai Cydek
Guru
Guru

September 11th, 2018, 12:01 am #46

I managed to get the very last one off HLJ, and it's...okay. Could be better, but despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to get 100% clean nub removal - those pesky slightly dark discolorations are so damn obvious if you know where to look. The kit looks great when viewed from a foot or two away, though. And the hair seams don't bother me as much as I thought they would - mainly because the kit's pose has Fumina's head tilted with the seams well away from the front.

Otonashi
Guru
Guru

September 14th, 2018, 11:02 pm #47

CKai Cydek wrote: I managed to get the very last one off HLJ, and it's...okay. Could be better, but despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to get 100% clean nub removal - those pesky slightly dark discolorations are so damn obvious if you know where to look. The kit looks great when viewed from a foot or two away, though. And the hair seams don't bother me as much as I thought they would - mainly because the kit's pose has Fumina's head tilted with the seams well away from the front.
Does yours have any issues with the right leg leaving a gap where it plugs in on the hip?
Now you see, what you did wrong there was read the comment section on GG.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
Trust no one. Play/watch/build/experience it yourself!
-CKai Cydek

CKai Cydek
Guru
Guru

September 15th, 2018, 12:04 am #48

Nope. Thankfully, everything's pretty snug and flush, aside from the seams in the sides of the swimsuit bottoms.