CrimsonNova

September 28th, 2011, 11:31 pm #31

i like the red and the gold but i feel the gold would look more cooler with latorata combo :p but still awesome :)

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

September 29th, 2011, 12:38 am #32

^ I agree about the gold actually. If a Latorahta Combo comes out [and I pick it up], I am definitely using this gold [Ace Hardware Ancient Gold, by the way] for the head crest.

Master Grade Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa Combo

Yellow, Silver, Chrome and Metallic Green is now dry.

Some of the Yellow:

Some of the Silver and Chrome:

SD Cyclone Joker
Couldn't get a good enough shot of the Metallic Green, but I will say that I put it on a bit thick, which may have caused it to bubble. I will be stripping some of the pieces and redoing them. Once I get the hang of these Testor's spray cans, I will move on to the main body.

Currently masking a few parts. The knee cap is giving me some trouble, because I need to assemble the knee joint in order to fill the seam.
Thanks for supporting me
Last edited by chetario on September 29th, 2011, 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WIP Thread: HERE
Gallery: HERE

gp03
Experienced
Experienced
gp03
Experienced
Experienced

September 29th, 2011, 2:19 am #33

Can't wait to see the finished product man! I'm really liking that shade of green!
My WIPs
Master in the art of the unfinished kit

CrimsonNova

September 29th, 2011, 3:25 am #34

yeah the knee joints sucks u need to assemble to remove the seamline which is a pain in the back... and like the metallic green looks awesome for gatakiriba too i would say

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

September 30th, 2011, 5:40 am #35

Master Grade Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa Combo

This is all I got done today [Thursday]
[+] Spoiler
On Wednesday night, I skewered some of the black parts

On Thursday morning, I painted them, here are two examples of the black parts with their seams fixed

I took the chance to assemble the waist + upper legs

With Silver belt, bata/grasshopper stripes and tora/tiger shoulder armor

I fixed some seams on the knees and the lower arms

Masked the black parts on the arms and green parts on the legs

Painted them:
Here is where I am at the end of the day:

Seems my plan using a reverse wash is falling apart on me.

I made a test piece, using an enamel yellow paint [same one that is being used on the Tora/Tiger parts], sprayed the Krylon Short Cuts Gloss Black on top, waited for it to dry. Then I took water, soap+water, winder, isopropyl alcohol [70%, I believe], NOTHING worked.
Then I took an old can of Krylon Acrylic Satin Clear coat and the black reacted.

My question is What kind of paint [Acrylic, Enamel, Lacquer, Oil, etc.] is Krylon Short Cuts to have reacted to the ACRYLIC top coat, yet not get stripped when cleaned by any of the acrylic thinners I know?

Here is a picture of the cans:

Thanks for viewing and supporting me!

CrimsonNova

September 30th, 2011, 6:27 am #36

well OOO looks awesome so far with seamlines done and the paint done too , i would help you with krylon but i never used it at all i only use gundam colors sprays :/

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

October 13th, 2011, 5:38 am #37

UPDATE TIME

After finding out that the can of Krylon Short Cuts I bought isn't acrylic and couldn't do a reverse wash with it kinda slowed me down.

But I bit the bullet, took my time with a small brush, acrylic black paint, cue tip and toothpicks and worked for a few hours on and off working on the Tora/Tiger parts

[+] Spoiler
I took the Citadel Washes - Badab Black Wash and went over the panel lines on the Bata/Grasshopper legs and Tora/Hawk Pictures in the spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Legs

Belt

Head
Since most of the Tora/Tiger parts were already painted, I took some Apple Barrel Black acrylic paint and painted the stripes on the arms:

I then went over the whole emblem in black and, after the paint dried, I wiped away the paint on the animal symbols.

I also took the chance to paint the edges of the core medals with a DecoColor Fine Line Liquid Gold Opaque Paint Marker and painted the back of the driver black for screen accuracy. I will paint the blue lines on the driver once I am painting the Medajalibur [in order to keep the light blues consistent]

I pre-assembled Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa to see what it would look like in the end

All I have left is to paint these pieces [which includes the whole medajalibur]

My plan of attack for this is to paint the yellow bits on the chest, mask some the yellow, and spray black. Then I will go in, painting around the yellow details and in the crevices.
The hands and the medajalibur will definitely test my patience
Also, DERP

Thank you for viewing this work-in-progress. Constructive criticism is always welcome and I hope to have alot more done in the next few days.

ZeroBell

October 13th, 2011, 1:43 pm #38

For the snags you ran into it's turning out fairly well. Actually just saw OOO in action for the first time yesterday when I watched KRW: A to Z, pretty good movie btw.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

October 19th, 2011, 6:11 am #39

UPDATE TIME

MG Figurise Kamen Rider OOO TaToBa Combo

Nearing the end of the build

After detailing the fingers and chest, I decided to finally work on the Medajalibur
[+] Spoiler
SEAMS REMOVED

After some masking and painting, I started detailing it, along with the driver, belt and feet.

Smeared the light blue all over

Tested to see if it would work on the rubber soles

After a succesful test and some cleaning [took a few tries]

Driver
Skewered everything [except the medajalibur]

I put down a gloss coat on the Tora/Tiger claws, belt, driver and scanner.

Then, I RAN OUT OF Matte Gloss Coat :ipunchyou: :madtyper: :stick: :Chainsaw: :Over react:

My local hardware store doesn't have it [but ordered it for me, and might come in Thursday or Monday]

Which means I can't finish the body

Effect parts
[+] Spoiler
Here is a preview of what I am planning on doing to the stand [This is me holding the stand bottom included in front, to get an idea of size and concept. I will be printing the symbol onto a transparency and putting it on somehow] Unfortunately, I will have to cut out most of the Taka symbol...

ALSO

I am going to imitate this scene [except with Eiji transformed]

By printing these symbols on a transparency also and shaping them into rings around my figure
Thanks to Alpha-Vector for making the symbols, which I slightly altered

Thanks for sticking with me. I appreciate all your comments and criticisms.

Next post should be about the Medajalibur

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 19th, 2011, 9:22 am #40

Mr Chetario sir, I can't wait to see this thing done. Mainly coz I want to see how you're going to pull off the floating coin bits.

Red Nova
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Red Nova
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

October 21st, 2011, 4:57 am #41

How do you plan on applying the logo to the base?

Squee
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

October 21st, 2011, 5:43 am #42

I haven't really commented as much as i should have in this thread. :/ This looks great. Everytime i would see your blue lining, i would get scared lol but it cleaned up really nice! Looking forward to seeing the coins floating, but would they still do that once he's in Rider form? Or are you going for like a king form when he's summoning all the coins at once?

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

October 30th, 2011, 7:49 pm #43

UPDATE TIME:

Put the final flat topcoat on MG Figurise Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa Combo.

I accidentally broke the connection between the torso and shoulder armor. So one of the shoulder armors is immobile.
Still working on the effect parts and medajalibur

In other news, I resumed working on SD Cyclone Joker.
Metallic Green:

Colored the driver with Tamiya Clear Red:

I colored the purple and gold trim.
Ready for the Flat/Gloss Coat:

Final Gallery will be up soon

Thanks for all the support.
Last edited by chetario on October 30th, 2011, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Nova
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Red Nova
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

October 30th, 2011, 8:26 pm #44

Great Job on OOOs!

Though it's a bit hard to tell the green from the black.

I'm looking foreward to seeing how your GundamRider W turns out.
Last edited by Red Nova on October 30th, 2011, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonNova

October 31st, 2011, 11:18 am #45

u did a really job with OOO i don't think i can do a bit of it :P gotta buy one when i can and try lol :p

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

November 24th, 2011, 9:19 am #46

SD Kamen Rider Ichigo/Old 1

I got the SD RX-78-2 [Anime Colors/30th Anniversary Edition] from Robot4Less using the $20 Gift Certificate I won from Mead's 1000 Subscriber Contest. My goal was to recolor this mobile suit into this color scheme:Front, Back and THE Pose

[11/21]: I snap built it Monday -

[11/23]: Start to finish in less than 13[?] hrs
Construction:
[+] Spoiler
Seams -

Filling gaps -

Removed Material [marked in pencil]

Modification [and Comparison]

Without head:

With head:

Skewered:

Painted:

Masked:

Painted:
Before and After Shot

I will post a gallery of SD Cyclone Joker and SD Ichigo soon

Next WIP will be about Revell's 1:48 Spitfire Mk. II and SD Gouf Custom

Thanks for all of your support. I always that note of all comments and criticisms.
Last edited by chetario on November 24th, 2011, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

January 21st, 2012, 3:54 am #47

Working on my Revell 1/48 Spitfire Mk II for the Motor Vehicle Group Build.

Click the link to go to the WIP thread.

Red Nova
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Red Nova
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

January 21st, 2012, 4:09 am #48

I've had my eye on the Ichigo Figure Rise for awhile now, how is he compared to W?

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

January 22nd, 2012, 7:45 am #49

I don't have the Ichigo Figurerise, but I will say I have looked at it online.

The construction of the chest and shoulders is incredible and it looks really nice. Definitely my next Figurerise

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

February 11th, 2012, 10:13 pm #50

Another update to my WIP on the Revel 1:48 Spitfire Mk II

Please take a look
Last edited by chetario on June 24th, 2016, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

May 1st, 2012, 6:49 pm #51

Just a quick update on MG Figurerise Kamen Rider OOO's Effect Parts,

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

November 22nd, 2012, 2:17 am #52

Just posted my work-in-progress for my HG Titus, along with a "pre-shading" test for the Gundam AGE Group Build

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

November 26th, 2012, 8:52 am #53

Just updated my [AGE GB] WIP thread

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

October 27th, 2013, 9:05 pm #54

Last night, my town hosted a "Zombie Walk", where people don zombie costumes and walk ~10 blocks. My fiancé and I decided to participate along with a local friend (first time for all of us). I decided early on that I would FINALLY use my airbrush for a project as opposed to just testing before.

My fiancé and I visited a local thrift store, where we purchased a button-down shirt and old graduation robe for myself and a white/cream colored blouse(?) for her for less than $10. I mixed up a batch of blood (which came out looking like day old blood) using Apple Barrel Acrylic Cardinal Red and Black, and sprayed it on the clothes and myself. I used a few techniques I came across while watching Syfy's Face Off! and the cosplayer show.

My shirt on the left and her blouse on the right:

My finished costume (minus gloves and keys):

I wish I had had more time to spray a "fresher" blood on spots and some black to line my face, but we were already running late.

October 27th, 2013, 10:26 pm #55

wrote:I wish I had had more time to spray a "fresher" blood on spots and some black to line my face, but we were already running late.
Assuming the walk was at night, it would have been to dark to tell a difference anyway.
Last edited by RenExarDroma on October 27th, 2013, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

June 8th, 2014, 4:38 pm #56

WIP Figure-rise 6 Black Raven

Recently, I've been finding that if I don't dawdle and mess around after dinner and washing dishes and pots, I'm able to get a solid hour of scale modeling in. I've always wanted to have a "set"/scheduled time to do my hobby, where I can just relax and not feel guilty about working on a it. I was able to get alot done over two weeks, including this project I'm showing you.
In February 2013, I made a promise to myself that if the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers, I would dedicate and paint a model kit in their colors. As the American Football fans fans know, the Baltimore Ravens were the Superbowl XLVII National Champions, thus giving rise to PROJECT #BIRDLAND

As promised, on my next online hobby order, I included one copy of the Figure-rise 6 Silver Crow. Both the silent and "in-depth" unboxing are in the spoiler below, in which I impart a hint at the color scheme.
[+] Spoiler
Silent Version: Link

With in-depth commentary: Link

The project would give the Silver Crow a complete color scheme change

I painted a few details with an "Ancient Gold" spray paint

Here is a test/preview shot of the arm when it is readying it's final attack

Putting on the flat coat over everything (after hand painting a few details)

A shot of the stand, painted after masking.

This project is finished as of a week ago. Due to the colors, I couldn't take pictures with my regular camera (read: phone), so I had to borrow my SO's DSLR. I'll be posting the gallery tomorrow.
Last edited by chetario on July 9th, 2014, 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

June 10th, 2014, 1:54 am #57

WIP 1/100 Master Grade Wing Gundam:

The last time you guys saw this kit was back in August 2011. While moving (I presume), I broke the V-fin, broke the connector for one of the "talons", and lost the part to the back of the arm. As stated back then, I was pissed and lost all drive to finish it, so I stowed it away in its box in major assemblies, where it was waiting to be decaled.

As I stated in my last post, I have been able to have some time to my hobbies and I took full advantage. Recently, I'd wanted to finish this project (and another project that was shelved for the same reason) and put it up for display.
[+] Spoiler
At some point, I had decided that cutting the decals into their separate numbers would be beneficial. All it did was take away from my actual decaling time, because I had to organize them by number and letter to find any and then put them away in the baggie (only to have to organize them again the next decal session)

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:
One day, I started soaking two decals, after waiting the appropriate time, I look over and see this

A Preview:

Now that this is done, I'm glad that I can put it with my Zaku II and Infinite Justice, and never touch it again. ..

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

June 11th, 2014, 2:03 pm #58

Check out the Work-In-Progress thread for my [5GB] entry, Gundam Rider 555 by clicking on the name
Last edited by chetario on June 24th, 2016, 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

November 3rd, 2014, 3:36 pm #59

Check out the Work-In-Progress thread for my [Video Game Group Build] entry, PokePla MewTwo by clicking on the name
Last edited by chetario on June 24th, 2016, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chetario
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

July 15th, 2015, 7:47 pm #60

This past 4th of July (the day of the :enderW: American Independence Day :enderW: ) I ended up taking it easy. I had attended a BBQ the day before and wanted to stay home, so I decided to get back into modeling by tacking a small project. Being the American Independence Day, I chose to tackle something in honor of it with an assault rifle

WIP Tomytec 1/12 Military Series Little Armory M4A1 Custom

I did a short unboxing before starting or you can watch it within this page in the spoiler below
[+] Spoiler
On the left you see the model split into its major components, with any seams fused and sanded. On the right, the major components are put together along with the option parts. This model is basically a glue together model (or with blue tak as meads did in his video review)

I airbrushed the Apple Barrel Flat Black onto the lower receiver, upper, receiver, barrel + front sight, buffer tube, and carrying handle

The grip, collaped buttstock, the extended buttstock (after masking the buffer tube), rail system, magazines, forward handle, ACOG scope, and laser system all got airbrushed with Apple Barrel Tan. Unfortunately, the tan wasn't covering the black. This would be fine, but impatient me decided to keep spraying, laying the paint on thick, obscuring the details and pooling up. I threw the parts in some windex and let them sit for an hour or two while I ate before trying again . You win some, you lose some, I guess.

I tried again, this time being patient (and applying some Rustoleum Painter's Touch Grey Primer), and airbrushed the tan on. You can see my set up here too.

With a few minutes to spare before we went to bed, I assembled the important components and stood it up on a clear stand from the Raphael Gundam and took some pictures. I was satisfied with the amount I had had done in those few hours.

At this point, I painted in a few details in the scope and sprayed everything with Rustoleum Painter's Touch Matte Coat. This may seem like the end of the project, but I have one more thing I am custom making for the display.

If you want to see bigger pictures, you can visit the full album HERE

Thanks for reading through this WIP post. Until next time.

Keep Building my Friends!
Last edited by chetario on July 31st, 2015, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.