Moderator: Moderators

electric indigo
electric indigo

March 23rd, 2018, 10:37 pm #571

Monsterist76 wrote:Some fantastic Armored Core model kit builds here: https://imgur.com/gallery/Dg4jb

This guy's paintjobs are very impressive and inspiring.
Very inspiring indeed. I still have an Omer around.

I have build only one AC kit, it was quite an exprience. An abundance of tiny parts, and, like others said, sometimes you had to force the parts together to the point of breaking them.

Album here

tetsujin
Guru
Guru

March 24th, 2018, 3:31 am #572

LeDelmo wrote:Has anyone bought from Hobbylocus.com? It's based in Hong Kong... Which is like the capital of bootleg merch.

But, they seem to have almost all the Kotobukiya kits in-stock.
I was curious so I went to their site to see if I could place an order. When I got to the "estimate shipping" portion and put my info in, it said there were no shipping options available. When I tried to actually check out it got stuck at the shipping selection.

But they seem to have an ebay store as well. The AC kits are there as well, but about $10 more expensive than on the site, and with $17 shipping added on. Even so, $55 plus $17 shipping ($72) for the Crest Close Combat type is still better than the price on Amazon. :)

LeDelmo

March 24th, 2018, 6:00 am #573

tetsujin wrote:
LeDelmo wrote:Has anyone bought from Hobbylocus.com? It's based in Hong Kong... Which is like the capital of bootleg merch.

But, they seem to have almost all the Kotobukiya kits in-stock.
I was curious so I went to their site to see if I could place an order. When I got to the "estimate shipping" portion and put my info in, it said there were no shipping options available. When I tried to actually check out it got stuck at the shipping selection.

But they seem to have an ebay store as well. The AC kits are there as well, but about $10 more expensive than on the site, and with $17 shipping added on. Even so, $55 plus $17 shipping ($72) for the Crest Close Combat type is still better than the price on Amazon. :)
I know right? The prices seem reasonable. They are still over the Retail price but better than I have seen elsewhere.

I contacted the Ebay store and they directed me to the Web store.

So, I contacted the web store. To see what they could do with shipping.
I'm just really surprised at what wide variety they have. They have IMS FSS and WAVE FSS kits still in stock. And it has to be the most filled out Armored Core selection I have seen anyone have in stock before aswell.

LeDelmo

March 24th, 2018, 7:05 pm #574

So Hobbylocus got back to me today. They said their shipping system hasn't been working but they are working on fixing it.

But, he said the shipping cost the kit I want would be $9! Not only is the kit cheaper on the website but the shipping is also cheaper than Ebays aswell.
Webstore $39.99 + $8.98
Ebay Store $46.99 + $14.99

He said, If I would like to order it. He could just send the invoice though PayPal.

Think I will be ordering my Vixen now.

tetsujin
Guru
Guru

March 25th, 2018, 1:27 am #575

LeDelmo wrote:So Hobbylocus got back to me today. They said their shipping system hasn't been working but they are working on fixing it.

But, he said the shipping cost the kit I want would be $9! Not only is the kit cheaper on the website but the shipping is also cheaper than Ebays aswell.
Webstore $39.99 + $8.98
Ebay Store $46.99 + $14.99

He said, If I would like to order it. He could just send the invoice though PayPal.

Think I will be ordering my Vixen now.
Well dang, that's pretty cool!

LeDelmo

March 26th, 2018, 9:51 pm #576

So I got both my Alicia Peal White and Cronus Vixen on there way. I really hope they come in good condition.

I hope I am not jinxing myself as I have never had a model kit come with a ruined box. But I saw someone's un-boxing and the box was straight up terrible! But, they are both being sold as new so Here hopping no issues.

Also, thought I would ask this. Has anyone with experience making these Armored Core kits found a good reliable method of mounting equipment that use the peg mounts? Would replacing the pegs with small neodymium magnets work okay?

I probably wont be able to pick up anymore kits for sometime now... : (

tetsujin
Guru
Guru

March 26th, 2018, 11:29 pm #577

LeDelmo wrote:Also, thought I would ask this. Has anyone with experience making these Armored Core kits found a good reliable method of mounting equipment that use the peg mounts? Would replacing the pegs with small neodymium magnets work okay?
Not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about like generic weapon sets and things made for Build Fighters or Frame Arms with the 3mm holes?

AC kits use 3mm holes for the back-mounted weapons and shoulder-mounted accessories. And if you wanted to mount one somewhere else, you could always just drill another hole. :)

LeDelmo

March 27th, 2018, 12:05 am #578

But it seems like most people's issues with the kits is how poorly those peg mounts work. So If you put a magnet in the whole than painted over it for a flush mount. Than cut off the peg for the Shoulder mount/Blade/Rear guns and replace it with another hidden magnet. Wouldn't that not only work better but also function better?

tetsujin
Guru
Guru

March 27th, 2018, 3:16 am #579

LeDelmo wrote:But it seems like most people's issues with the kits is how poorly those peg mounts work.
The peg mounts for the weapons are pretty user-friendly. It's just a hole with a polycap. The problems we've been discussing have been more about places where parts snap together more or less permanently. On the older kits in the line, at least, the connections are too tight, you have to correct it before you assemble stuff or you could wind up with ill-fitting assemblies or broken parts. It's an unfortunate problem but it can be managed if you're aware of it.

As for the magnet thing: I dunno, could work. From my perspective there's not really any payoff there that's worth the effort, though.
Last edited by tetsujin on March 27th, 2018, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeDelmo

March 27th, 2018, 4:59 am #580

Yeah the only point would be to remove all the peg holes and have just a flush surface. You would also be able to use the back weapons on ether the right or the left.

Would probably be more work than needed I guess.

kajnrig
Fan
Fan

March 27th, 2018, 7:26 pm #581

LeDelmo wrote:Yeah the only point would be to remove all the peg holes and have just a flush surface. You would also be able to use the back weapons on ether the right or the left.

Would probably be more work than needed I guess.
It would be easier to just make a "cap" piece that plugs those holes when not in use, then swap it out for the weapon peg when necessary. I don't think you'll be doing a lot of mixing and matching anyway...

LeDelmo

March 30th, 2018, 10:26 pm #582

Geez, So I just found out the Noblesse Oblige Has both the MR-102 Assault Rifle but also the EB-0305 Blade!

I thought only the AC4 ver White Glint has those! "Which I wasn't digging because I hate those legs" But the Noblesse Oblige is a design I could actually get behind. I might have my next kit in mind!

Unfortunately, it seems all the older kits are really hard to find for halfway decent prices. I am just glad I found that Vixen for a okay price. The AC4 kits seem to be relatively available on the other hand.

I want to build the two I just bought before investing anymore into AC kits but I am worried if I wait too long the AC4/4A kits will skyrocket in price just like the older ones did.

Any modeler vets know about how long it takes these kits to go from selling left over stock to the time resellers start buying everything and forcibly inflating market prices?

tc012009
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

March 31st, 2018, 12:05 am #583

Most AC4/ 4A sets were originally release between 2009 and 2013 (I stopped collecting the set after Algebra SOLUH Barbaroi was released), and have actually been out of print for several years, the prices on Amazon.com would already included the resellers premium.

From Software president Hidetaka Miyazaki confirmed that the studio is currently working on a new Armored Core game. When the new game gets released, I suspect Kotobukiya will repress some of the older sets (I recall them doing this when AC V was released).

Wait until you build the two set you've purchased before committing to any new buys. While I really love these sets (the detailing is incredible), they need a lot of paint work to look remotely close to the promotional images, and are very unstable if not handled very gently (I've the Alicia Unsung on my desk and parts regularly drop off if the set gets touched).
Last edited by tc012009 on March 31st, 2018, 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tc012009

kajnrig
Fan
Fan

March 31st, 2018, 2:29 am #584

The farther back you go, the more those prices will inflate. Seems pretty obvious, but there you are. 4/FA were much more popular than the PS2 iterations, and Kotobukiya increased production to meet the resultant demand. I wouldn't worry about these kits ballooning too much in price in the next few years the way their earlier counterparts did.

I second the notion that you wait on getting more until you've at least snap-built these. As much as you might like the design, you might also find the kit too frustrating to work with.

LeDelmo

March 31st, 2018, 4:50 am #585

Thanks will do. I just felt like I missed the boat with the other kits and didn't want that to happen again.

It'll be about another week or two before I can even get started on the ones I ordered. "Shipping suuuucks"

Ryc03
Guru
Guru

May 1st, 2018, 1:42 pm #586

Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

kajnrig
Fan
Fan

May 1st, 2018, 1:47 pm #587

Pre-order? Didn't this already come out?

Ryc03
Guru
Guru

May 1st, 2018, 8:18 pm #588

kajnrig wrote:Pre-order? Didn't this already come out?
I think it is a re-run of the the line? VENGEANCE IS BACK ON PREORDER! http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... Y-RBT-3569

...I Want...
Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

CKai Cydek
Guru
Guru

May 2nd, 2018, 3:57 am #589

tc012009
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

May 3rd, 2018, 7:25 pm #590

Re-issue GAN01 SUNSHINE L will be 5,300YEN in Sept.

I never picked up the UCR-10/L AGNI or UCR-10/A VENGEANCE on original release, and tempted to get them this time around.

tc012009
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

September 11th, 2018, 8:19 pm #591

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day - CO3 MALICIOUS R.I.P.3/M(BLUE MAGNOLIA) 

Jan 2019 release RRP 7,800YEN