You never know what you'll find in a culvert...

You never know what you'll find in a culvert...

April 20th, 2009, 7:05 pm #1

Florida Power & Light crew, putting in lines for an addition to the Orlando International Airport, found the following in a culvert they were using...

The gator is/was 18' 2" long.
The rattlesnake roundup totaled 87.
We thank Florida Power & Light for sharing these pictures

April 20th, 2009, 7:14 pm #2

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

April 20th, 2009, 7:32 pm #3

Florida Power & Light crew, putting in lines for an addition to the Orlando International Airport, found the following in a culvert they were using...

didnt get that big by eating newts and frogs.
i wonder how many dogs came up missing.

WestKYBigfoot
WestKYBigfoot

April 20th, 2009, 9:05 pm #4

to walk up on something like that.....Either one....

Mark in Western Kentucky

April 20th, 2009, 11:59 pm #5

I can handle the snakes but I ain't much on gators...and that is a big gator...

nellie
nellie

April 21st, 2009, 1:35 am #6

That thing is HUGE! That thing could have eaten a 9 foot bigfoot with one chomp. Steve Irwin would have loved him! I wonder what it took to bring that big boy down. When I was a kid of 10 or 11, my mom and I went to our local park for a swim in their freshwater lake. A bunch of people were gathered around a nearby creek gawking at a 11 footer laying in the creek. This creek was only a stone's throw from the lake. A ranger was there to tell people the dangers of feeding these critters. The next day my mom was going to take me and a friend of mine swimming in that lake but plans changed. Later that day we found out that gator got into our swimming hole and ate some girl. I'll never forget that. That could have been one of us. And now you know the rest of the story!

WestKYBigfoot
WestKYBigfoot

April 21st, 2009, 1:44 am #7

I can handle the snakes but I ain't much on gators...and that is a big gator...
It is alot bigger than any of the ones I've seen in the wild. Nothing gets the blood to flowing like, running up on a gator in the wild. Well, monsters have a similar, yet different effect. They'll both make you fill up your trousers, especially if you don't know they are there, then see them. lol.

Mark in Western Kentucky

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

April 21st, 2009, 2:36 am #8

Thst is bigger than the one that used to float around in our fishing area back down in the San Jacinto river. He was a bit longer than a 16 ft jon boat. Also, that might be bigger than the one they pulled out of the river at Logansport. Do you remember that one, Jim? They kept a picture hung up at the judges store.

Florida Redneck
Florida Redneck

April 21st, 2009, 4:40 am #9

That thing is HUGE! That thing could have eaten a 9 foot bigfoot with one chomp. Steve Irwin would have loved him! I wonder what it took to bring that big boy down. When I was a kid of 10 or 11, my mom and I went to our local park for a swim in their freshwater lake. A bunch of people were gathered around a nearby creek gawking at a 11 footer laying in the creek. This creek was only a stone's throw from the lake. A ranger was there to tell people the dangers of feeding these critters. The next day my mom was going to take me and a friend of mine swimming in that lake but plans changed. Later that day we found out that gator got into our swimming hole and ate some girl. I'll never forget that. That could have been one of us. And now you know the rest of the story!
That must have been in Oscar Scherer State Park, Nellie.

DonDon
DonDon

April 21st, 2009, 1:46 pm #10

It is alot bigger than any of the ones I've seen in the wild. Nothing gets the blood to flowing like, running up on a gator in the wild. Well, monsters have a similar, yet different effect. They'll both make you fill up your trousers, especially if you don't know they are there, then see them. lol.

Mark in Western Kentucky
thats one of 2 creatures that terrify me. Sharks being the other. Something abuot being eaten alive that gets to me. LOL