Yeti News

Yeti News

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

August 30th, 2009, 3:35 pm #1

August 31st, 2009, 1:21 am #2

I guess the skeptics over there are as wacky as ours are here...I heard one skeptic say we were misidentifying an ordinary animal thinking BF...the first I saw I was thinking deer and saw one of the stinking bastxxxx squatting underneath shaking my feeder...and yes I was a die hard unbeliever thinking BF was BS...and guess what...I was wrong as are all these arm chaired no it alls are...

nellie
nellie

August 31st, 2009, 6:48 am #3

MH, have you had anymore trouble with your feeders being cut down?....n/t

August 31st, 2009, 2:03 pm #4

I haven't put them up since they were cut down in March...I usually begin feeding in July but the weather has kept the vegetation green...We plan on hanging them sometime this week or weekend...

August 31st, 2009, 10:12 pm #5

Hung two today Nellie...one at the shot gun stand and another on a pipe line...we will see if they remain up...

nellie
nellie

September 1st, 2009, 1:12 am #6

do you think if you positioned a camera on each of them you might get a picture of a curious, hungry monster? Who knows, they may have been waiting and waiting for those feeders with irresistible snack-ums.And they'll go to any risk to get them.
Or the cameras will keep them from messin with them and possibly stop them from getting cut down again.
It could provide an interesting experiment.

September 1st, 2009, 1:23 am #7

No Monsters yet but I'll not give up...I'll put up a couple of cameras next time I go down...

nellie
nellie

September 1st, 2009, 5:54 am #8

Please let us know if you find something exciting when you check them. I wish the best.
Maybe the monsters will be not be so camera-shy this time.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

September 1st, 2009, 11:05 am #9

No Monsters yet but I'll not give up...I'll put up a couple of cameras next time I go down...
If monsters see beams, how about rigging a trip wire camera - or a camera triggered by something pulling at a treat/food item?

Example: Camera is set up above a feeder, facing the feeder. A trip wire runs down the rope holding the feeder. The wire should be attached/glued/etc. to the rope. If the feeder is pulled in any way (for example - to make it more taut, for cutting) bingo!

-Mike

September 1st, 2009, 3:47 pm #10

Easy to spot especially around the feeders and to slow to activate on the trails...I know where some pretty good long straight trails are so I put up a camera...kept it there for a month...when I went back to get my camera there was another trail out of the range of the camera and directly behind it...funny thing about my cameras on trails...I haven't gotten any picture of anything...slow to activate I would think even though we always have pictures of us leaving and going back...

Like most I have gotten plenty of nothing photos...

The cameras around my feeders...

I'd put the camera up at the feeders...the feeder would remain in place until after I moved the camera. Two times I have had feeders down with a camera there...on the first...a few squirrels and the last photo was Josh walking to the camera...didn't get a picture of the feeder falling...

Last time, the camera takes three photos in succession, you can see the feeder being pulled back away from the tree but it's out of the picture range...next set of photos shows the feeder down...the stamp on this picture was around midnight I think without going back to look...