Yesterday...

Yesterday...

June 28th, 2011, 1:41 pm #1

Spent some time where I have the video system and game cameras...fried chicken gone...something is getting it during the day time without the game camera activating...I left the DVR run for a couple of weeks...chicken came up missing the 14th...video system started the 15th so I let it record over the 15th...damnit...one thing I haven't ruled out is rats...big rats...birds or a coon...I'd have pictures...

Walking around during the heat I had the stench put on me twice...ground is hard so I didn't see any impressions...a couple of trails appeared to have had some activity but nothing like it was three months ago...

Chicken there...

Chicken gone...

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

June 28th, 2011, 2:11 pm #2

sprinkle some flour around the trailer surface before putting the chicken down?
This may show footprints of the culprit if it is a rodent or some other small animal or bird.

June 28th, 2011, 2:30 pm #3

Either that or move one of the video cameras closer and at a different angle...I'll not let the system run for a few weeks anymore...BTW...I had something interesting occur to two of us yesterday that I caught on video...not Monster related but could be a haint...then again?...

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

June 28th, 2011, 2:56 pm #4

June 28th, 2011, 3:47 pm #5

Sorry but my brains right side is not working this morning...

Nellie
Nellie

June 29th, 2011, 6:33 am #6

Spent some time where I have the video system and game cameras...fried chicken gone...something is getting it during the day time without the game camera activating...I left the DVR run for a couple of weeks...chicken came up missing the 14th...video system started the 15th so I let it record over the 15th...damnit...one thing I haven't ruled out is rats...big rats...birds or a coon...I'd have pictures...

Walking around during the heat I had the stench put on me twice...ground is hard so I didn't see any impressions...a couple of trails appeared to have had some activity but nothing like it was three months ago...

Chicken there...

Chicken gone...

is that one of your dogs?

June 29th, 2011, 1:04 pm #7

No Nellie that"s not my dog...it's a stray someone threw out...I've seen this mutt several times but when I do he scampers underneath a building out front...why these sorry axx people take their dogs into a rural area and abandoned them is beyond me...

The lady felt sorry for the dog and fed it...once you feed them you now have a new dog...

Dewey the Feed expert
Dewey the Feed expert

June 29th, 2011, 8:48 pm #8

...Feed me and you'd have to blow me off your place. LOL
I bet I know what he's huntin too. 74 degrees @ 7:40 am - 110 @ 3:52pm.
He's huntin a air conditioner. Jeez.Too Dang hot for decent folks, & me too.

Dew

Surveyor
Surveyor

June 30th, 2011, 10:39 pm #9

Chicken there...

Chicken gone...

An ideal thing to do is, if you have a tractor or have access to one, make your setup so that you can disc all the way around it (wide enough so that nothing can jump over the disced area) and place your bait station & camera setup in that. You don't even have to disc right at the bait station, it can be a good distance away, just as long as nothing can approach without crossing the disced trail. I used to disc around one 20 acre area I hunted years ago, so that I could see the tracks of everything that came in & went out, and where they were routinely crossing.

July 1st, 2011, 1:11 am #10

Monsters wouldn't come to the feeders as far as I could tell...the only weird thing I would find would be three long claw marks...the lady plans on having the area bush hogged...if I'm there I'll see if I can get the man to disc up a good area for me...it is worth trying again...might get lucky...

I did disc a spot next to a tree line and planted a deer mix some years back...we had some pretty good rain that year and I did see about a 19 to 20 inch track right at the edge...that's the only track I've found in a disced area and we have planted many plots...