Wolves in Louisiana?...

Wolves in Louisiana?...

November 9th, 2010, 7:00 pm #1

Last edited by tiny on November 10th, 2010, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

November 9th, 2010, 7:34 pm #2

For some reason, they have almost disappeared. But, every now and then, you see one. Hard to tell much about these though. But, they look like the wolves you see around here. It's strange that they would seem so docile and sit still in front of that vehicle like that. THey are usually quite skittish. Maybe they are pets that wandered away from home.

November 9th, 2010, 7:41 pm #3

I've heard wolves here at times and saw one but I think people who see wolves think they are large coyotes...BTW...what I saw was a grey wolf...tall, slender with longer legs...

Ken3030
Ken3030

November 9th, 2010, 10:42 pm #4

We've always had wolves here in South Louisiana. Red wolves. Not many but they are here. I think those on the video are someone's pets. A wild wolf would not sit still that long in front of a car for you to video.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

November 10th, 2010, 12:29 am #5

nocturnal and run in a male/female pair.

i had 2 walk directly underneath my tree stand on a deer run years ago at day break. we have pics from a game cam as well.

November 10th, 2010, 1:05 am #6

heard a wolf howl at some distance from them and howled back...they said within a few minutes the wolf, now wolves, were within a hundred yards when they howled again...

Jake and a few of his buddies had something similar happen to them one night...

Mr. Phelps
Mr. Phelps

November 10th, 2010, 2:31 pm #7

We've always had wolves here in South Louisiana. Red wolves. Not many but they are here. I think those on the video are someone's pets. A wild wolf would not sit still that long in front of a car for you to video.
I agree ken! These two have had human contact before!

Cindy
Cindy

November 10th, 2010, 3:27 pm #8

Malamutes. I have seen taller more gracile Malamutes that look just like that, especially if they haven't eaten in a few days. Maybe wolf crosses? I would think even if wolves had been exposed to humans they would be more skittish once they got loose.

The only reason I don't think they are wolves is because of their behavior.

November 10th, 2010, 6:31 pm #9

"Jim, When I went to Michigan to hunt there was a hunter there that said four wolves sat down in front of his tree stand and would not leave until he shot a round in the air. BTW they knew he was up there."

Reckon those wolves had a plan on taking his deer if he shot and killed one?...LOL..nothing worse then a lazy bunch of wolves...

Cindy
Cindy

November 10th, 2010, 10:15 pm #10

Otay...........n/t