When Out Researching

When Out Researching

KJ
KJ

April 29th, 2015, 7:29 pm #1

To those who are able to get out into the field for regular investigations, I'd like to ask this. When researching, have any of you taken a dog or dogs? I've heard of people using specially trained dogs and wanted to know if anything has panned from this technique.

May 1st, 2015, 2:30 am #2

Both have passed on but what I think is important is that both would mind me...Monsters around they stayed close...both were in areas of activity on a constant basis and survived...

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 1st, 2015, 11:44 am #3

To those who are able to get out into the field for regular investigations, I'd like to ask this. When researching, have any of you taken a dog or dogs? I've heard of people using specially trained dogs and wanted to know if anything has panned from this technique.
over the years I've had my K9 (Sch III and IPO) and my Duck Hunting dogs with me. dogs will stick close to you and not get too far away when you are in a place where the monkee's are. I've trained hardcore dogs my entire life and don't know of any that will actively track them.

from my experience, when one gets a nose full of scent they start acting skittish and get right on your legs.

TC
TC

May 5th, 2015, 10:59 am #4

As with other places guys love hunting hogs with dogs. They have tournements and stuff. The chase dogs and catch dogs etc. An attorney buddy does this and it's serious business as he trains physically for them. And has some serious money tied up in the dogs. I finally got the nerve up ask him if he's had any strange happenings as he is really a friend of friend that I got to know from the gym. Anyway...he cocked his head a bit, grinned and I watched the hair on his arms standing up because he lifted it up after it happened...to say "busted"...he told me he'd tell me more later and then asked you still want to go as bad as you did? He was surprised when I said "oh yeah" and then said "well you are crazy Tom arent you"? Hopefully...I will be able to get details from his event.

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 5th, 2015, 3:36 pm #5

hunted Coons every night during the season and ran dogs all year round. His dogs were brutal hunting hounds.

he had 2 different encounters at night on the OK/AR line.