What if?...

What if?...

May 24th, 2011, 3:48 pm #1

a Monster is harvested and proves to be some type of human...would there be any repercussions?...or in a week or so...back to everyday normal life?...

DonDon
DonDon

May 24th, 2011, 6:21 pm #2

I think the initial feelings from the world in general would be quite interesting. Religous types would start digging into the bible and then the lost books of the bible folks would start up the whole Cain and Able thing bigtime. The science world would all be wanting to get ahold of the body so they could be the one that got their paper published first on a new sub species if human. You'd still have folks making news about it for several years to come if it were say one branch off being a true human. Alot would depend on that, just how closely related they are to us.

Squatchman
Squatchman

May 24th, 2011, 7:13 pm #3

a Monster is harvested and proves to be some type of human...would there be any repercussions?...or in a week or so...back to everyday normal life?...
A lot depends on the local D.A.'s office.But if it came to a jury trial I think the jurors would side with you in that this unknown creature didn't have hardly any human traits such as housing,clothing,the ability to start a fire or any attempt at communication with known humans. Also is its lack of ability to alter stone or stick to make tools.
It does not seem to be "Human" but a large unknown primate. If some of the DNA is similar to human then you would use the chimpanzee DNA is close to human DNA argument. My 2 cents.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

May 24th, 2011, 7:22 pm #4

If one were harvested and found to be an offshoot of Homo-Erectus, I don't think there'd be murder charges - if that's what you're considering.

One could honestly say - at this point - that one was shooting at "Bigfoot", known/theorized by crypto's to be Gigantapithicus Blackie (sp).

Only after learning that BF is an offshoot of H.E. could laws be passed to protect BF from harm.

Actually, the 100% proof of BF existence would protect BFs no matter what the outcome as they'd probably be considered (at best) too human or (at least) endangered.

The discovery would cause science, the media, professional doubters, etc. to re-evaluate every single sighting report ever submitted. It would also cause a flood of previously reported sightings to come to light (legit AND hoaxes).

People would stream into the woods trying to find/see them.

Professional hunters all over the world where BF/Yeti/Yowie/etc. has been sighted will be running around attempting to catch live specimens for zoos - unless the species is protected ASAP.

The discovery would also turn science on its head - much to our joy - and doubters could be ridiculed for their short-sightedness (as well they should be!).

Some religions/religious types might feel shaken up by the discover....though I don't think it should. If God made everything under the sun, then BF is part of His design. It should be no different than finding a "long-extinct" cealocanth (sp).

Naturally, Nessie, chupacabra's, and a great variety of other crypto's would receive added attention.

Museums and wax museums would then, using photos, measurements, etc. create exhibits complete with accurate, full-sized depictions - probably re-creating some classic encounters like the Ape Canyon incident.

I think the discovery would charge the imagination like nothing else - short of a UFO crashing into the Capitol building

My .02 cents.

-Mike in NC

Versatile
Versatile

May 24th, 2011, 9:12 pm #5

As long as you say"I thought he was going to rip my head off" then no repercussions.

May 24th, 2011, 9:44 pm #6

unless shot in the middle of the back...but could or would this have any effect on society...timber, religion, camping, hiking and boating?...

Obviously this would only be your opinion so there are not any right or wrong answers...
Last edited by tiny on May 24th, 2011, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 24th, 2011, 9:45 pm #7

A lot depends on the local D.A.'s office.But if it came to a jury trial I think the jurors would side with you in that this unknown creature didn't have hardly any human traits such as housing,clothing,the ability to start a fire or any attempt at communication with known humans. Also is its lack of ability to alter stone or stick to make tools.
It does not seem to be "Human" but a large unknown primate. If some of the DNA is similar to human then you would use the chimpanzee DNA is close to human DNA argument. My 2 cents.
prove these Monsters have no tools, use of fire and cannot communicate with man?...

Grumpy
Grumpy

May 24th, 2011, 10:58 pm #8

unless shot in the middle of the back...but could or would this have any effect on society...timber, religion, camping, hiking and boating?...

Obviously this would only be your opinion so there are not any right or wrong answers...
It would shut down, at the very least, all logging within the country since these critters have had reported sightings in almost every state, until a safe habitat can be set aside to protect; them, it, or whatever they decide it may be..... back in the 70's and early 80's they shut down the logging industry in many areas when the Spotted Owl was put on the endangered species list so just imagine what would happen if an unknown species of ape, partial human or whatever is discovered!!!!!!!

May 24th, 2011, 11:49 pm #9

That's what I wanted...an opinion of what could happen "if"....
Last edited by tiny on May 24th, 2011, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2011, 12:27 am #10

as screwed up as our Government is if these monsters are smart they will all haul butt to the nearest Native American Lands/Reservations, this is probably the only place they will be safe and not used as a funding source for the special interest groups....... JMHO
Last edited by tiny on May 25th, 2011, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.