Untitled

Versatile
Versatile

April 28th, 2015, 4:33 pm #1

Does anyone know of any photos taken by a person that met up with a bear?
Non professional. We keep hearing about people say there should be great photos. So i am wondering why we do not see any photos that average joe took while out for a hike.

Terry
Terry

April 29th, 2015, 12:57 pm #2

a wilderness trail coming out from my hunt camp. I had my labrador retriever Shorty with me. We rounded a a bend and there was a medium sized bear just off the trail. By the time I called the dog to heel and grabbed his collar the bear was gone. No chance at all for a photo. On the other hand, many folks up here have bear photos. The difference is, when you jump one in the wilderness they are immediately gone. When they come around your place, they aren't that shy.

t.

Grumpy
Grumpy

April 29th, 2015, 10:51 pm #3

Totally agree Terry, when I lived in the mountains of Northern CA I had bears in my 3 sided wood shed all the time looking for squirrels, everybody did so it was no big deal to walk out the back door and have a bear run off... and whenever I was in the woods hunting or on a SAR mission they were gone as soon as they spotted you, and one thing up there had was lots of bears and lions.. and a monster or two....

Okiebear
Okiebear

May 1st, 2015, 12:41 pm #4

The black bears I have personally seen here in Oklahoma turn tail and run fast. I have game cam pictures of them though.
OB

KJ
KJ

May 2nd, 2015, 3:59 am #5

Has anyone had a possible bear lick the lens of a trail cam?

Ken3030
Ken3030

May 2nd, 2015, 10:00 pm #6

I've seen deer lick the lens of a game cam.

KJ
KJ

May 3rd, 2015, 8:28 pm #7

Thank you Ken for the reply. I simply asked after seeing Les on TV making mention of bears chewing at game cams due to something about being attracted to the batteries. Then they showed the clip of something seemingly making a lick at the lens. Of course at the end of the show, they have a black bear captured on the cam that had been apparently chewing at the camera's housing unit. I was curious.

Woodswatcher
Woodswatcher

May 13th, 2015, 1:56 pm #8

Has anyone had a possible bear lick the lens of a trail cam?
some will eye ball the cam from inches away then proceed to have 50 photos taken while they raid a feeder.

they are media hogs. I've never had just one photo of a bear passing thru. they always seem to have 4-8 pics at the minimum.