tree sign

travellor
travellor

May 21st, 2015, 5:15 pm #1

How often is everyone finding evidence of tree sign? And with how much regularity? Just went for a jaunt through some land in Missouri and found some, but not a lot. What I did find had quite a collection of odds and ends: several kids bouncy balls now deflated or ripped open, large plastic planters, and a fire extinguisher. Always have to keep an open mind with the possibility it could be kids/people leaving these items there but they are a little too deep in the woods for just a casual outing where a kid loses his ball. I remember Monster Hunter experimenting with the red ball at Monster Central. I would definitely agree these critters like to have keepsakes/mementos. True sign of intelligence.

Versatile.
Versatile.

May 22nd, 2015, 12:59 pm #2

I hate to assume anything. It always blows up on me more than often. I don't deny what you think is true. I do remember the moderator named Sam had a game camera photofrom 2:30 am of about three 14-16 year old teenagers AND the photo was taken 6 miles from any road. irrc

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 23rd, 2015, 2:21 pm #3

How often is everyone finding evidence of tree sign? And with how much regularity? Just went for a jaunt through some land in Missouri and found some, but not a lot. What I did find had quite a collection of odds and ends: several kids bouncy balls now deflated or ripped open, large plastic planters, and a fire extinguisher. Always have to keep an open mind with the possibility it could be kids/people leaving these items there but they are a little too deep in the woods for just a casual outing where a kid loses his ball. I remember Monster Hunter experimenting with the red ball at Monster Central. I would definitely agree these critters like to have keepsakes/mementos. True sign of intelligence.
In Oklahoma you have to be very careful now about sign involving tree's. since 1990, we have been hit with several massive ice storms which have destroyed a lot of good sign, but left ice damaged trees everywhere.

Circlewalker
Circlewalker

May 25th, 2015, 9:44 pm #4

I know there are monsters in my area and while I did not actually see monsters doing these things often the tree sign is so massive I cant explain it as a naturally occurring event. I will show some samples of tree sign:

1. I am seeing telephone pole sized trees with all branches removed, often but not always with the bark removed... leaning on live trees

2. I also have found several dead trees leaning in on a live tree in a giant tripod type formation

3. I have some arch type formations

4. T Type formations

5. Root end of a tree placed into another tree

6. This was a trail block... i couldn't budge those sticks also the trees were bent over and braided into the bush on the other side.

5. This was a tree I was using as protection as I was trying to get a picture of as a monster when he went into the bushes... When I came back it was broken at the 10 foot mark. I could not find the top of this tree anywhere

7. These sticks were used to hold down a fence... This is where the female is teaching her small ones to cross the fences in the area... This is in the first clearing

This is the other stick on the fence... There is a monster in the back

Blow up of same picture

8. This formation was directly over a deer trail and is a 6 piece formation those two verticalsticks were touching the formation

9. This is what I think is a warning... I was bluff charged that day

These are molar teeth marks

I haven't seen any balls or other "human" items at all here

C

KJ
KJ

May 26th, 2015, 9:19 am #5

Thank you for posting those pictures. That first picture of the young sapling being arched, well I remember seeing some of those when I was growing up in another part of the state. There were woods at the end of my street (cul-de-sac)and beyond the woods was a large creek. The creek was about two miles, at least, away and it was very common for me and my best friend to spend the better part of a day playing within those woods. On one of those days, as we were hiking towards the creek, I saw one of those arched small trees. I thought it odd but assumed that one of the other kids had been there and for whatever reason bent that tree over. Another time, several older kids had made a rope swing that would swing out over a stream bead some twenty feet below. After school some of us were down there swinging and on the hill across from us, I again saw a arched tree. I said nothing about it but as we were leaving I heard a soft commotion behind and turned to see a rock falling into that creek bed from the other side. My friend noticed my gaze and suggested that it could have been dislodged by a woodchuck or something. He then gave me a friendly shove forward and we left.

travellor
travellor

May 26th, 2015, 8:59 pm #6

I know there are monsters in my area and while I did not actually see monsters doing these things often the tree sign is so massive I cant explain it as a naturally occurring event. I will show some samples of tree sign:

1. I am seeing telephone pole sized trees with all branches removed, often but not always with the bark removed... leaning on live trees

2. I also have found several dead trees leaning in on a live tree in a giant tripod type formation

3. I have some arch type formations

4. T Type formations

5. Root end of a tree placed into another tree

6. This was a trail block... i couldn't budge those sticks also the trees were bent over and braided into the bush on the other side.

5. This was a tree I was using as protection as I was trying to get a picture of as a monster when he went into the bushes... When I came back it was broken at the 10 foot mark. I could not find the top of this tree anywhere

7. These sticks were used to hold down a fence... This is where the female is teaching her small ones to cross the fences in the area... This is in the first clearing

This is the other stick on the fence... There is a monster in the back

Blow up of same picture

8. This formation was directly over a deer trail and is a 6 piece formation those two verticalsticks were touching the formation

9. This is what I think is a warning... I was bluff charged that day

These are molar teeth marks

I haven't seen any balls or other "human" items at all here

C
I too have seen many formations similar to those, particularly in southeast Oklahoma. Inexplicable by nature's standards. just not gonna happen without something or someone intentionally doing it.

KJ
KJ

May 28th, 2015, 2:25 am #7

I think it was either picture 16 or 17, from the series of shots where you listed that there was a monster in the back. On that last shot that was zoomed in of the monster, I was wondering if there were two monsters actually? I ask due to seeing something slightly off to the creature's right and behind. It's not all that clear and perhaps a blob-squatch. Just thought I'd ask so as to keep training my eyes to notice when viewing pictures. Thanks again for posting them.

Circlewalker
Circlewalker

May 29th, 2015, 11:33 pm #8

I only see one in the picture.You might need a side by side to see the trees and compare.

I took the first picture then heard woodknocking... The sound was knocking AND moving away from me at the same time... so I turned my head maybe for 5-7 seconds... to make sure nothing was circling around me from that side. Then snapped the other picture. The picture with the monster in it is the second picture.

After snapping the second picture, I was just about to step over that fence and literally had my foot raised in the air when a rock was thrown at me about as fast as a high school fast ball... it was perfectly aimed but about two feet directly over my head. The trajectory indicated it was somewhere directly in front of me... I scanned they area CAREFULLY but did not see it...

This series of pictures is important since there are leaves in the second picture that are not in the first. This is important for two reasons:
1. These things know they must break up their outline...
2. Cloaking is utter BS... Why stick a branch in front of it's face if it can cloak?

Here is the comparison picture

In order to be able to see them you need to know what they look like and what they CAN look like.

They can camouflage BETTER than this copper head...

They have a tendency to mimic shadows... but not always... and their natural color is almost like a black military camo... two or three different shades of black and grey on the ones I've seen...

And the chances someone can detect one if it is not moving is pretty much zip.

Circlewalker
Circlewalker

May 31st, 2015, 3:09 pm #9

I think it was either picture 16 or 17, from the series of shots where you listed that there was a monster in the back. On that last shot that was zoomed in of the monster, I was wondering if there were two monsters actually? I ask due to seeing something slightly off to the creature's right and behind. It's not all that clear and perhaps a blob-squatch. Just thought I'd ask so as to keep training my eyes to notice when viewing pictures. Thanks again for posting them.
and next to impossible to recognize in real time out in the field. First Their eyes are solid dark with no white sclera... This and the darkness of the skin and hair make it VERY difficult to distinguish facial features . This is also why many reports state they could not see the face IMHO.

Since our psychology in facial recognition is so strong it is one of the main ways we distinguish a living thing (like an animal for instance) from an inanimate object like a shadow. The science on facial recognition in humans is not clear but For me I notice parts (like nose, eyes, mouth, etc the put it together so I "see" the whole face..if parts are missing (as in blended together) or indistinguishable then it becomes increasingly difficult to orient facial features then put it together to recognize a living thing with a face.

In a couple of pictures I have, including the one I just posted, it literally took me two weeks to figure out facial orientation even though I knew it was a monster and i had taken a relatively clear picture of it.

The other thing that makes it difficult to "see" in pictures and out in the field is this: The facial proportions are not the same as humans. The skull configuration is different than homo sapian sapian (according to pictures I have taken) which puts the facial features in different proportions and slightly different places on the face.

So if parts are missing AND indistinguishable because of their animal camo and facial features are out of proportion, out of place and not where we are used to seeing them, then it is harder for us to understand what is in our visual field and to figure out facial orientation or even if a face is there.

As far as pictures are concerned it is FAR harder to take a clear picture than most would believe. Even the slightest amount of movement or shake of the camera, including depressing the button to take the bloody picture can result in motion blur. The slightest amount of motion blur can make the difference in being able to see and not being able to see especially if the picture has to be zoomed in. Holding the camera completely still for ONE FULL SECOND after the "click" is heard is critical to prevent motion blur.

Finally, Monster Hunter has stated something that is very true and I think is important. (Monster Hunter says a lot of important things sometimes even in passing) He stated on forum once that "Monsters will give you a single eye."

I have found in my pictures that i have captured only one side of the face or the monsters are literally observing me with "one eye" while the other eye or half of the face is obstructed or I take pictures of them and the face is turned so I only have a profile. This I believe is a very important behavior. If Monster Hunter was the only one seeing this behavior it is not so strong in terms of behavioral evidence but if he is seeing that behavior and I can corroborate it we may have stronger evidence of an actual behavioral pattern.

The reason this is important is that it is a behavior that will keep us from seeing all the facial features to determine if a face is there or not. Going back to what I said earlier... if we can't determine facial features we won't be able to "see" the face and they will blend into shadow or background. Turning the head to a profile or obstructing half the face gives us half of the features that we could possibly see to make a facial determination. Coupling that with their camo and and other things minimizes our chances of being able to recognize them in the field or in pictures.

C.

Versatile.
Versatile.

June 2nd, 2015, 12:50 pm #10

Thanks. That was a great post and thread.