Tracks found at MC...

Tracks found at MC...

June 26th, 2009, 2:23 pm #1

Jake and I found these at the small pond that is darn near dried up...look these over closely...IYO...Monster or human?...

Okiebear
Okiebear

June 26th, 2009, 3:01 pm #2

Not much of an arch on whoever was in there......Guess they don't need arch supports like me.......

OB

June 26th, 2009, 3:31 pm #3

<script language="Javascript" src="http://www.network54.com/Votelet/54441? ... \n</script>

June 26th, 2009, 3:57 pm #4

June 26th, 2009, 3:59 pm #5

Jake and I found these at the small pond that is darn near dried up...look these over closely...IYO...Monster or human?...

These tracks were about 11 inches in length...

June 26th, 2009, 4:05 pm #6

I do believe if I found a set of tracks like the below I wouldn't follow them...

June 26th, 2009, 4:13 pm #7

Last edited by tiny on June 26th, 2009, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

June 26th, 2009, 5:14 pm #8

I think Big Birds shoes would fit.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

June 26th, 2009, 5:43 pm #9

The prints are very flat-footed (lack of arch), but different people have different feet. The flatness does say, "monster".

Toes don't run in the classic straight line across pattern....but not all match that 100% either. The toe alignment in these makes me lean towards, "man".

I can't imagine many adults walking through muck like that. Maybe someone walked into it.....their shoes got sucked out from under them or just got stuck, so the person removed their socks, and then retrieved their shoes? That's the only reasonable scenario I could imagine. But then, add alcohol to any scenario and.....

On soft, wet pool/pond material, anyone can make a deep impression.... So that's a toss-up for me.

My best guess would be based upon the following information:

-Is the area inaccessable to normal individuals? (no roads/trails nearby - very isolated area - is fenced off, etc)?
-No new sign of legal/illegal hunting/fishing activity (wrappers, cig butts, etc.)
-Is it far enough off the beaten path that it wouldn't be a hobo/drifter?
-No guests, visitors, neighbors in the area?
-Not made by either of you (to test field researcher and arm-chair researcher ID skills? LOLOL)

If so, I'd lean monster and make a cast to compare with any possible future tracks.

-Mike

Bitter Monk
Bitter Monk

June 26th, 2009, 5:51 pm #10

The tracks are human. The smaller toes are all bunched up like you would expect from someone wearing shoes most of their life.