Tornado Storm Damage

Tornado Storm Damage

April 28th, 2011, 11:04 pm #1

Alabama, North Georgia, Tennessee and parts of the N. Carolina area were severely damaged by last nights Tornado's, I've accounted for all of our N. Georgia GCBRO members and hope all our other researchers who post here are safe and didn't loose family or their homes or have severe property damage, the news today didn't look good with the death toll approaching 300 and 1000's injured and homeless.

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

April 29th, 2011, 1:45 am #2

Took out many tree limbs. We've been out of power since Tuesday evening. Just now got it back on 50 hrs later. The light company said they lost 46 light poles between my house and town. Heck of a storm. I heard it coming, but couldn't see it for all the rain it was dumping. Had what looked like 100 mph wind gust for about 12 seconds. Was dropping golfball sized hail, and put over 4 inches of rain in my rain bucket in just a few minutes. Luckily, it didn't even take a shingle off the house. Gave the trees in the yard a pounding though. I got all the big stuff picked up today.

April 29th, 2011, 1:54 am #3

n/t

April 29th, 2011, 1:23 pm #4

Though we only lost a few limbs from our smaller oak trees others suffered quite a bit of damage...Electricity was restored around 10 last night so no more listening to the generator running...cooler weather the last few days and to be honest not having any noise around the house was like being in the woods...kind of nice...we only ran the generator at night, emptied the refrigerator/freezer throwing most away...stuff I didn't realize we had that needed tossed to begin with...