To veteran researchers....

To veteran researchers....

KJ
KJ

May 21st, 2012, 4:08 am #1

Reading some of the posts, I began to wonder about something. Curious if any of you veteran researchers have heard and/or witness territorial disputes between BF family units? I ask because asking this clicked my memory back to several years ago when I heard a huge, loud ruckus down along the nearest creek from where I live. This ruckus sounded like a cross between fighting coyotes and fighting raccoons rolled into one and increadibly loud. This occured just before the vacant field became yet another sign of suburban expansion thus becoming a subdivison.

May 21st, 2012, 5:27 pm #2

they're only tales...would make sense that younger males would challenge the older dominant male for pecking order but as far as I know there is not any evidence to support any in group or family disputes...

Crispy
Crispy

May 21st, 2012, 7:20 pm #3

A long series of tree breaks - where the trunk is broken and bent over about 15' up. And they go one in a line like this every so often (20 or 30 yards apart) for a good long ways. I figured they were territory markers. At the time and the area that made the most sense. But, I never anyone actually do it, so there you have it.

RubyRed
RubyRed

May 22nd, 2012, 12:22 am #4

Reading some of the posts, I began to wonder about something. Curious if any of you veteran researchers have heard and/or witness territorial disputes between BF family units? I ask because asking this clicked my memory back to several years ago when I heard a huge, loud ruckus down along the nearest creek from where I live. This ruckus sounded like a cross between fighting coyotes and fighting raccoons rolled into one and increadibly loud. This occured just before the vacant field became yet another sign of suburban expansion thus becoming a subdivison.
included an 'eye-witness' account of a logging company equipment guard who lived in a small trailer with two dogs. As they logged one area of forest, they'd move the heavy equipment farther up the logging road they had created and he moved with them. He was the only human being in camp over the weekends and that was when adventures with Sasquatch usually happened; when he was the only person around for miles. One evening he heard limbs breaking outside and thought someone had come to steal the trucks or perhaps the other valuable equipment the company was using, so he and his dogs stepped outside. Standing beside one of the taller pieces of equipment was a very hairy man-like critter he estimated to be at least seven feet tall. The trailer had a small porch light, which was enough to show that something tall was standing very still beside the heavy loader. The dogs growled at first but after getting a whiff of the animal, cowered. The man said he knew the tall man-like critter was a Sasquatch. It also either growled or huffed at the man and dogs. He told the interviewer that he often heard strange sounds in the forest but until that moment did not believe the sounds came from a Sasquatch. He pulled both dogs back inside the trailer and locked the door, not knowing what to expect. The next morning all was quiet and remained quiet until two nights later when sounds the like of which he'd never heard before erupted from the forest in a bend in the road not far from his camp. There was howling, thrashing, banging, growling and screaming and it went on for most of the night. Once again, he and the dogs kept to the trailer and out of the way of whatever was making such a rackett. He and the dogs huddled together and the dogs whinned a bit, too. The next morning he went outside, expecting to see the equipment had been destroyed but it was fine. So, he and the dogs got out to have a look-see. Dogs were not nervous or jumpy as they had been, so the man assumed the Sasquatch 'tribe' or 'family group' had moved on. Around the bend in the road, he told the cameraman he saw--trees uprooted and thrown into ditches, evidence that somethings large had struggled were everywhere with huge tracks and scuff marks. Clearly two opposing groups of something had fought there but probably without injury as he found no blood anywhere. So...is that the type of story you were looking for?

anaconda
anaconda

May 22nd, 2012, 1:04 pm #5

It's hard to know what they fight over, territories, food,
females or just general family squabbles. Here is one story
of them slugging it out over a deer carcass. It doesn't say
if the two contenders are from different tribes, I guess there
is no way to know.
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/storie ... cnty07.htm

May 22nd, 2012, 2:08 pm #6

That would have made millions on a pay-per-view...in all my years I haven't heard anything I could say was a dispute between Monsters...I have seen the broken trees in a some what straight line...usually smaller pines, 12 to 14 ft tall, with the tops broken with all the tops facing the same direction...

woodswatcher
woodswatcher

May 22nd, 2012, 9:22 pm #7

It's hard to know what they fight over, territories, food,
females or just general family squabbles. Here is one story
of them slugging it out over a deer carcass. It doesn't say
if the two contenders are from different tribes, I guess there
is no way to know.
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/storie ... cnty07.htm
straight Pimp'n

Nellie
Nellie

May 23rd, 2012, 5:55 am #8

included an 'eye-witness' account of a logging company equipment guard who lived in a small trailer with two dogs. As they logged one area of forest, they'd move the heavy equipment farther up the logging road they had created and he moved with them. He was the only human being in camp over the weekends and that was when adventures with Sasquatch usually happened; when he was the only person around for miles. One evening he heard limbs breaking outside and thought someone had come to steal the trucks or perhaps the other valuable equipment the company was using, so he and his dogs stepped outside. Standing beside one of the taller pieces of equipment was a very hairy man-like critter he estimated to be at least seven feet tall. The trailer had a small porch light, which was enough to show that something tall was standing very still beside the heavy loader. The dogs growled at first but after getting a whiff of the animal, cowered. The man said he knew the tall man-like critter was a Sasquatch. It also either growled or huffed at the man and dogs. He told the interviewer that he often heard strange sounds in the forest but until that moment did not believe the sounds came from a Sasquatch. He pulled both dogs back inside the trailer and locked the door, not knowing what to expect. The next morning all was quiet and remained quiet until two nights later when sounds the like of which he'd never heard before erupted from the forest in a bend in the road not far from his camp. There was howling, thrashing, banging, growling and screaming and it went on for most of the night. Once again, he and the dogs kept to the trailer and out of the way of whatever was making such a rackett. He and the dogs huddled together and the dogs whinned a bit, too. The next morning he went outside, expecting to see the equipment had been destroyed but it was fine. So, he and the dogs got out to have a look-see. Dogs were not nervous or jumpy as they had been, so the man assumed the Sasquatch 'tribe' or 'family group' had moved on. Around the bend in the road, he told the cameraman he saw--trees uprooted and thrown into ditches, evidence that somethings large had struggled were everywhere with huge tracks and scuff marks. Clearly two opposing groups of something had fought there but probably without injury as he found no blood anywhere. So...is that the type of story you were looking for?
Good story RR...thanks for sharing....n/t

KJ
KJ

May 24th, 2012, 2:19 am #9

I think I remember seeing that on tv. Thanks for posting it.