The movie 2012

The movie 2012

RubyRed
RubyRed

August 5th, 2010, 5:24 pm #1

OK, I admit that I'm not a fan of "end of the world as we know it" films like 2012 but I watched it anyway. My personal belief system is NOT based on Mayan mythology. But here's the point of this post--I swear that in those scenes of caged animals aboard Ark 4 there were two Sasquatches. IF the two large animals I saw were not Sasquatch they were very human-looking Grizzly bears standing up on two legs, not hind legs. Watch the movie (if you can take the heart-sinking action moments) and see what you see. The scene comes close to the end.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

August 5th, 2010, 9:00 pm #2

Don't remember the BF-----but when it got to the ARK's is when the plot took a stupid turn....LOL

August 5th, 2010, 10:40 pm #3

Been going on since I can remember...

RubyRed
RubyRed

August 6th, 2010, 6:09 pm #4

Don't remember the BF-----but when it got to the ARK's is when the plot took a stupid turn....LOL
where John C. and group are sneaking aboard. They travel through an area where they look either up or down to see Giraffes and other animals in cages. I could have sworn that one for sure of the larger hairier animals was a Bigfoot. There was a great deal of stuff unexplained--like, where did they get the gas to propel the helis?

RubyRed
RubyRed

August 6th, 2010, 6:12 pm #5

as any other. I saw a documentary last winter about a scientist who was looking for evidence of the catastrophe which occurred at the end of the last cycle of the Mayan Calendar 5000 years ago. He found evidence high in the Andes. Good, thought provoking program. I believe something disastrous may happen in 2012 just NOT the end of the Earth...I'm a Bible Prophesy believer sort of gal!

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

August 6th, 2010, 6:46 pm #6

Only because I am a history nut - that Mayan calendar is oddly identical to a much older Egyptian calendar which dates back at least 4,000 years. The Archies know this, but to publicly admit it would mean that all their other nonsense about no contact before the 1400's would would be thrown out the door. Then you lose funding.........no one wants to be that guy!

Food for thought - The Mayans are believed to have gotten their written language from the Olmec's - of which little is really known. The Olmec written language is surprisingly similar to the Berber language of North Africa.

The Berbers were sea going folks.....who as it happens, in the time of Solomon, were running Egypt, and in fact the pharaoh then was a Berber. I forget his name off the top of my head, but he was the pharaoh that invaded Solomon.......

Ruby - you are right - the last time the calendar reset there is evidence of some sort of global catastrophe. Every indigenous culture has it's own great flood story. Won't be the end of man, but maybe TEOTWAWKI.....

The universe runs in cycles. As smart as folks like to think they are - we really don't know diddly. And we never give the ancients the credit they deserve for how smart they really were!

Grumpy
Grumpy

August 6th, 2010, 9:38 pm #7

Scott, the only reason the Calendar predicts 2012 as the end is because they ran out of rock to carve on!!!! But that's JMHO........
Last edited by tiny on August 6th, 2010, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crispy Critter
Crispy Critter

August 7th, 2010, 6:36 am #8

I saw that, and it is as valid as any other explanation.....LOL