Telephone call yesterday...

Telephone call yesterday...

June 10th, 2012, 1:11 pm #1

Hunters set up a game cam over looking a hog trap...according to the contact...clear picture of a Monster...after the picture the Monster poked out the lens of the camera...

Contact told the couple the picture would be worth quite a bit of money and there could be some DNA left on the camera...funny how people think and here's why...a still can be hoaxed...unless the Monster cut it's finger poking out the lens where would the DNA come from?...

I'm headed down this week to see the picture but with the seed of money already planted in their heads I doubt I'll get a copy...but if I do...I will share...

June 10th, 2012, 4:27 pm #2

Hog hunters, monsters and a broken lens.... any monster I know would have used a stick to poke out the lens....... then beat the camera to death since animals don't know what a lens is or what it's for......

June 10th, 2012, 7:22 pm #3

The evidence is in the picture and camera lens...I'll make sure and look at both...

June 10th, 2012, 7:26 pm #4

The lady reported seeing a large bear in her front yard some months back...though I haven't seen any sign of bear doesn't mean there aren't any bear in the area...according to my contact...they were all skeptics and had no idea a Monster would go down on all fours...the picture changed their mind...so hopefully it's as good as claimed...

Nellie
Nellie

June 14th, 2012, 2:05 am #5

Hunters set up a game cam over looking a hog trap...according to the contact...clear picture of a Monster...after the picture the Monster poked out the lens of the camera...

Contact told the couple the picture would be worth quite a bit of money and there could be some DNA left on the camera...funny how people think and here's why...a still can be hoaxed...unless the Monster cut it's finger poking out the lens where would the DNA come from?...

I'm headed down this week to see the picture but with the seed of money already planted in their heads I doubt I'll get a copy...but if I do...I will share...
to get to see the picture they have? I hope it's a picture worth your time to bother with. It always sounds exciting when there's news of a possible new monster picture or video. Keep us posted!

June 14th, 2012, 3:22 pm #6

It's only a few miles from my other contacts...

Nellie
Nellie

June 16th, 2012, 7:05 am #7

Anticipation is making me wait.

June 17th, 2012, 2:54 pm #8

The pictures we saw on the computer were anything but compelling evidence of anything...goes to show what some people think as "no doubt clear BF pictures"...there was one the lady couldn't find on the computer but if it was anything like the three we saw it couldn't have been much...to close to the camera and just pieces of something...one picture we could see hair that had the color of a coon but it was a day time photo and few self respecting coon prowl during the day time hours...the hair had two shades...a dark and lighter color...short hair maybe an inch to an inch and a half...

Something of interest...the lens was shattered on the game camera...I haven't seen that before and yes I have dropped cameras without breaking the lens...I took a Q tip, swabbed the shattered lens and only got a piece of dust so nothing of interest there...there was not any blood or anything visible...IMO I doubt seriously a person did that...finding the camera would be almost impossible and I would think if someone did find the camera they would have taken it...the camera was hung over looking the area he had a hog trap right off of the creek where Ms. Shirley took the picture of the Monster...

Mr Phelps drove up and we had a good visit with us going to where the man had the camera hanging...as the crow flies it's about a mile from the ladies home through the woods so I do know there are Monsters in the area...we parked the jeep walked in several hundred yards to where the camera and deer stand were...I walked down the creek and heard a loud pop and dummy me looked in the direction...I know better then to do that...walking back I heard something like a low growl with Mr. Phelps hearing a noise...we were at the jeep talking...Mr. Phelps was looking down the dim lane we walked and saw a small Monster down on all fours who peaked his head around a tree...several hundred yards down the lane...I looked but couldn't see what he saw...distance, foliage and lack of seeing any movement...

The man, contact, didn't hear anything which tells me that most of us old timers, investigators, listen more closely then the average hunter...though the man has hunted in the area for a few years he hasn't seen anything but has heard some sounds he, like most, think are birds or some type of known critter...his brother told the man he was hearing strange calls off and on from the same area...

The trip was worth the time since I now have a few more contacts in the area...there has been three or four sightings of Monsters on the road leading to their home and the lady saw what she thought was a huge bear walking in the yard some years back...

BackwoodsGirl
BackwoodsGirl

June 17th, 2012, 5:43 pm #9

Glad you got to meet the neighbors,seems like we are having more reports on this side of the creek now.Still haven't seen anything,but I keep looking.The couple have been here for yrs. just moving down to stay after he retired.He doesn't hear very well though, he seems to have no problem finding and killing deer.They are really good people when you get to know them.

Nellie
Nellie

June 17th, 2012, 7:35 pm #10

The pictures we saw on the computer were anything but compelling evidence of anything...goes to show what some people think as "no doubt clear BF pictures"...there was one the lady couldn't find on the computer but if it was anything like the three we saw it couldn't have been much...to close to the camera and just pieces of something...one picture we could see hair that had the color of a coon but it was a day time photo and few self respecting coon prowl during the day time hours...the hair had two shades...a dark and lighter color...short hair maybe an inch to an inch and a half...

Something of interest...the lens was shattered on the game camera...I haven't seen that before and yes I have dropped cameras without breaking the lens...I took a Q tip, swabbed the shattered lens and only got a piece of dust so nothing of interest there...there was not any blood or anything visible...IMO I doubt seriously a person did that...finding the camera would be almost impossible and I would think if someone did find the camera they would have taken it...the camera was hung over looking the area he had a hog trap right off of the creek where Ms. Shirley took the picture of the Monster...

Mr Phelps drove up and we had a good visit with us going to where the man had the camera hanging...as the crow flies it's about a mile from the ladies home through the woods so I do know there are Monsters in the area...we parked the jeep walked in several hundred yards to where the camera and deer stand were...I walked down the creek and heard a loud pop and dummy me looked in the direction...I know better then to do that...walking back I heard something like a low growl with Mr. Phelps hearing a noise...we were at the jeep talking...Mr. Phelps was looking down the dim lane we walked and saw a small Monster down on all fours who peaked his head around a tree...several hundred yards down the lane...I looked but couldn't see what he saw...distance, foliage and lack of seeing any movement...

The man, contact, didn't hear anything which tells me that most of us old timers, investigators, listen more closely then the average hunter...though the man has hunted in the area for a few years he hasn't seen anything but has heard some sounds he, like most, think are birds or some type of known critter...his brother told the man he was hearing strange calls off and on from the same area...

The trip was worth the time since I now have a few more contacts in the area...there has been three or four sightings of Monsters on the road leading to their home and the lady saw what she thought was a huge bear walking in the yard some years back...
it's always exciting to hear what you discover on your monster outings.
My son and I got out and about the other day(we're just getting over a bout of bronchitis)and checked out a new city park out on the river.It has a great floating dock that will be great for fishing. We were the only people out there...evidently not too many folk know the park is there. We always take our video/still photo camera with us and binoculars...who knows when you may spot a skunk ape. If that lucky chance ever occurs you can bet you'll be the first to know.