TBRC...Operation Endurance...

TBRC...Operation Endurance...

December 18th, 2011, 3:43 pm #1

apparently an ongoing five year study without sufficient evidence to support their endeavor...sounds as if they need a real "Monster Hunter" involved in their research...

No success with their game cameras...we have thoroughly explained how to use game cameras here on this forum and yes we have had some success with less expensive cameras...keep doing it your way and you'll not need game cameras to help document...I do know what I mention rubs a few of their members the wrong way which is fine by me...be hard headed by repeating your non producing endeavors...

The wild shots fired by a team member may or may not have produced blood samples for analysis but even if they do the results will be insufficient since and if it is from a Monster...results will come back as inconclusive...

BTW...a few years back we, at Chester's conference, had a discussion with a few members of the TBRC about kill/no kill...of course we, the GCBRO was condemned by this organization for maintaining our stance of kill for discovery...we conducted our hunts on private property with intentions to harvest a male specimen "only"...a few of our hunters had opportunities to harvest female and young...not shooting wildly at "something" we thought could have been one of these creatures...are these folks hypocrites or did they "finally" come to the conclusion science needed a body for discovery?...

http://www.texasbigfoot.com/index.php/o ... cts/206-oe

Terry
Terry

December 18th, 2011, 5:27 pm #2

give them credit for trying and for all the work they appear to have put into this project. Analyzing (sp?) the blood will tell the tale. Wonder if we'll ever hear anything about that?

t.

December 18th, 2011, 5:49 pm #3

is all the time they spent with less then adequate leadership that knows anything about Monsters...anyone or group can stumble around in areas of activity without documenting any sufficient evidence...you have to have some working knowledge along with experience when dealing with Monsters...all they did was spend five years apparently wondering through the forest hanging game cameras and attempting to record sounds...

Here's the problem as I see it...you have several members claiming to have some working knowledge with Monsters...they convince others that they have this knowledge and experience telling the followers..."here's what we need to do to document or kill for discovery"...five years later...a few vocals, claimed sounds of something, no pictures and one of the so called leaders taking wild shots at a moving then running Monster...hell...I've had shots like that turning them down since they were not killing shots...who in their right mind wants to wound any animal?...if you have a killing shot by all means take it but if you don't...don't be an idiot firing wildly hoping you get one...

We are pro kill but we want a male specimen only...we will not shoot randomly at any Monster without knowing if it's female or male and yes we do know the difference...

December 18th, 2011, 7:36 pm #4

apparently an ongoing five year study without sufficient evidence to support their endeavor...sounds as if they need a real "Monster Hunter" involved in their research...

No success with their game cameras...we have thoroughly explained how to use game cameras here on this forum and yes we have had some success with less expensive cameras...keep doing it your way and you'll not need game cameras to help document...I do know what I mention rubs a few of their members the wrong way which is fine by me...be hard headed by repeating your non producing endeavors...

The wild shots fired by a team member may or may not have produced blood samples for analysis but even if they do the results will be insufficient since and if it is from a Monster...results will come back as inconclusive...

BTW...a few years back we, at Chester's conference, had a discussion with a few members of the TBRC about kill/no kill...of course we, the GCBRO was condemned by this organization for maintaining our stance of kill for discovery...we conducted our hunts on private property with intentions to harvest a male specimen "only"...a few of our hunters had opportunities to harvest female and young...not shooting wildly at "something" we thought could have been one of these creatures...are these folks hypocrites or did they "finally" come to the conclusion science needed a body for discovery?...

Here is the definition of INSANITY.
When you keep trying things the same way and doing the same things and expect different results each time!
That's insanity!

December 18th, 2011, 7:51 pm #5

is all the time they spent with less then adequate leadership that knows anything about Monsters...anyone or group can stumble around in areas of activity without documenting any sufficient evidence...you have to have some working knowledge along with experience when dealing with Monsters...all they did was spend five years apparently wondering through the forest hanging game cameras and attempting to record sounds...

Here's the problem as I see it...you have several members claiming to have some working knowledge with Monsters...they convince others that they have this knowledge and experience telling the followers..."here's what we need to do to document or kill for discovery"...five years later...a few vocals, claimed sounds of something, no pictures and one of the so called leaders taking wild shots at a moving then running Monster...hell...I've had shots like that turning them down since they were not killing shots...who in their right mind wants to wound any animal?...if you have a killing shot by all means take it but if you don't...don't be an idiot firing wildly hoping you get one...

We are pro kill but we want a male specimen only...we will not shoot randomly at any Monster without knowing if it's female or male and yes we do know the difference...
What we are trying to do is more like a surgical procedure than a slaughter house!
We want 1 dominant alpha male.
We have our reasons for this too which I am sure that most can figure out without the need for lengthy paragraphs.
The bottom line is that pro-kill is NOT pro slaughter, it is pro discovery at the expense of 1 animal and judging by the vast numbers and diversities of locations of reports, I seriously doubt that it will effect the population of these animals in an significantly adverse manner!

Jim also hit on another good point, when we submitted our blood sample we were told "Hey that's great BUT please don't bring anymore blood, bring the thing that did the bleeding".

We have blood, scat, vocalizations, pictures, hair, ETC, ETC, what is now needed is the (or A) body to link it all too.
It's kind of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, each piece is just PART of the puzzle and not the puzzle itself, but when all the pieces line up, then you get the big picture,,a body is the final piece!

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

December 18th, 2011, 8:07 pm #6

They should be given credit for their efforts, but that is where the accolades end.
They seem to be ill informed when it comes to productive research.
The biggest offense is shooting wildly in an attempt to harvest. It goes against basic firearms and shooting safety to say the least, and he could have killed someone (human) at worst. It is completely irresponsible to try to kill these animals with a subpar caliber or shot placement.

As to their blood 'evidence" when are people going to realize that blood, hair, scat, mean NOTHING to proving BF exists? All those items do is to prove what it is not, well no $hit we know they are not elk, deer, bear, or human.

By the way, what's going on with the BF steaks?
Pass the BBQ sauce, lol

December 18th, 2011, 8:12 pm #7

All the funky monkey steaks you want LW.
I have smelled these things and it is not very appetizing to contemplate so you can have my share too,,lol!

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

December 18th, 2011, 8:14 pm #8

Coming from someone who eats, possum, coon, and armadillo, you won't try a 'squatch steak?

December 18th, 2011, 8:24 pm #9

Possum,,,,I would NEVER eat something that crawls in one end of a dead cow and eats his way out the other end.
Coon,,,I'll leave that to Jim but I hear it's pretty greasy.
Armadillo,,,,That's just possum on the half shell,,LOL.
I do like Squirrel and LOVE Deer, haven't tried feral hogs yet but if it tastes like regular pork I might give it a try.
I LOVE gator bites, especially with that horseradish stuff you dip it in and I have had frog legs and rattlesnake but that's about as far as I am willing to push the envelope.

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter

December 18th, 2011, 9:01 pm #10

I didn't mention anything about food, coon, possum or armadillo...but personally I firmly believe possum is a delicacy...and Rick...you think a possum is nasty...there's nothing worse then a chicken...a chicken will eat anything...there is a difference in their digestive systems though...what is it?...and if you have to look it up I'm disappointed in you...