TAPS...Ghost Hunters...are they hoaxing?...

TAPS...Ghost Hunters...are they hoaxing?...

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter

July 15th, 2010, 6:59 pm #1

This may surprise a few followers of this ghost busting bunch...when things get a bit dull a few begin the hoaxing to add some excitement...happens in BFing on occasion as well...for those individuals who claim BF every time they get out and everywhere they go..."beware"...they could be and more then likely are hoaxing or telling a damn lie...I know of one individual like this...he could find a BF in a check out line at a grocery store...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8xJdYBV ... re=related

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

July 15th, 2010, 8:14 pm #2

This could be completely legit.

This could be completely fake.

But.....anyone (anyone) can post something on the net and then scream "HOAX!", but that doesn't make it so.

All this person did was show slow mo footage and come up with a theory - just a theory - of how something could (COULD) be faked.

Hell, anything can be faked! Ever see When Harry Met Sally? (lol)

Remember when the story all over the news was, "ZIPPER FOUND ON PATTY! BLUFF CREEK HOAX PROVED!"

Well, that claim didn't prove squat. I, for one, never, ever found a "zipper" - no matter how hard I squinted at my monitor.

Bunch of costume-shop guys saying, "I was Patty!" hasn't convinced any of us here, has it?

I'm not saying I know if something (or anything, for that matter) is faked/hoaxed on Ghost Hunters, but I'm not taking some keyboard commando's word that GH is up to no good. With so many team members and production people involved - if anything is faked, it'll eventually leak out. Until then.........

-Mike in NC

Ken3030
Ken3030

July 15th, 2010, 8:43 pm #3

This may surprise a few followers of this ghost busting bunch...when things get a bit dull a few begin the hoaxing to add some excitement...happens in BFing on occasion as well...for those individuals who claim BF every time they get out and everywhere they go..."beware"...they could be and more then likely are hoaxing or telling a damn lie...I know of one individual like this...he could find a BF in a check out line at a grocery store...

Well, if they wouldn't "find" anything the show probably wouldn't be on the air for very long. I find it amusing at times. They're out looking for ghosts and whenever they hear the slightest noise they all scream like little girls! LOL

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

July 15th, 2010, 9:53 pm #4

On GH they do disallow a lot of noises, evidence etc.
I would like to think they are not hoaxing.

The worst ghost hunting show on TV has to be "Ghost Adventures"

Led by closet queen Zak Baggans who thinks a prerequisite for ghost hunting is steroids, tight t-shirts, eye liner and "demon possession" during every episode.

They run and squeal at every noise. They should be embarrassed of themselves.............

RubyRed
RubyRed

July 15th, 2010, 11:44 pm #5

but then I've watched this program long enough to know that they are a "reality" television but are still a great deal better IMHO than "Big Brother" and shows of that ilk. They have found evidence that has been hashed and rehashed on their own TAPS MB, for example that "man" reflected on a metal cabinet at the hotel in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Many believed that was hoaxed too but when you watch this video it is clear that the collar does move--so what's the big deal?

My beef with the program was the dramatics over an investigator named Brian Harnois--the relationship with Brian, Grant and Jason went viral and they were on his axx for any little thing. But when Saint Steve Gonsalves left behind a table in one episode, he only got a minor "hand slap." IF Brian had left that table behind he'd have been cussed out. Brian got tired of it too and it became very boring quickly.

EasTexSteve
EasTexSteve

July 16th, 2010, 11:42 am #6

There isn't any rearward pull on the jacket at all. It's all downward. And, hardly enough to move the fabric, much less impede his forward motion.

July 16th, 2010, 1:45 pm #7

the jacket was pulled it would go back instead of down...

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

July 16th, 2010, 3:45 pm #8

But.......a jacket (or any item) can be tugged down and cause someone to slow down.

The force of the pull itself doesn't necessarily have to make you slow down.

If, while walking (anywhere, at any time of day or night) someone tugged on my shirt/jacket/etc., I'd slow down to see who was trying to get my attention (esp in a situation where people are looking/investigating and may be expecting non-verbal communications)....or what I may have gotten caught on. Also, while we can see the jacket move, we cannot feel the amount of pull that person felt.

To make my point - while some see a muscle hernia, others see the penetration of a projectile. We all see something - and may disagree as to exactly what we're seeing. But for a 3rd party to crawl out of the publicity woodwork and cry out "hoax" doesn't make it a bend/fold in a suit.

If something can be de-bunked (beyond a reasonable doubt), then debunk it. Seeing a tug and having someone CLAIM it was string inside of a jacket doesn't mean a string (hoaxing) was ever involved.

Not trying to be argumentative. Just bored at work right now

-Mike in NC

July 16th, 2010, 4:41 pm #9

The below may explain better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlM-Uy8ODYQ

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

July 16th, 2010, 7:08 pm #10

Questions : If I were faking this, I would have removed my right hand in between tugs.
Most guys have a hand in a pocket often while walking around, I know I do subconsciously sometimes.
If they were faking this, then why allow all the shots to include his right hand as opposed to filming Grant from the waist up?

Who knows, however in a court of law I see reasonable doubt as to a hoax.

Judge Lone Wolf