Survivorman Bigfoot

Survivorman Bigfoot

Go200mph
Go200mph

April 10th, 2014, 2:43 am #1

Started watching and I am getting frustrated by 4-5 minutes of show with 4-5 minutes of commercials. Not much yet.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

April 10th, 2014, 5:58 pm #2

I started worrying about the authenticity of what I was watching when they showed that Sylvanic video clip of the Ewok-looking BF.

Now, he mentioned his (kind of) skepticism and wondered if he might be hoaxed , in some way, by the guide he was with (presumably one of the Sylvanic folks who claims multiple encounters).

He also mentioned that he was trying to remain impartial, open-minded, and not taking any side (not his words, just the gist of what he was saying).....but by the end of the show he just kept saying BF/Sasquatch/etc. Not that I'm complaining

I'm looking forward to Part II of this (I guess next week) to see what happens. I'm just glad he's doing the episode

My main gripe....... WHY doesn't he have a thermal imager? He's using worthless night vision! THAT is frustrating on so many levels and - to my way of thinking - says, "He's not really looking for BF."

Heck, until I get my hands on a thermal, I don't see the point in going out at night. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

-Mike in NC

hogue34
hogue34

April 17th, 2014, 4:44 pm #3

....was funny.

MikeInNC
MikeInNC

April 18th, 2014, 3:30 pm #4

I have trouble believing that the 2-part BF episode concluded with him shining a flashlight all over the place.

Either he found nothing else, or they have some audio/video evidence and are busy in the editing room stretching out 5-10 seconds into a 3 or 4 part "reveal" episode? I still can't believe how little was "learned" in the two episodes I just watched!.

At the very least, why no thermal imaging? He could buy a FLIR with recording capability and, since it's used for his show, get a tax write-off on it....so it's no big hit to his wallet. So why is he mucking around with night vision, then??? Hasn't he researched anything and discovered that - perhaps - the monsters are wise to/can see IR signatures?

Also - why shine the damn light (and the end of the 2nd episode) from tree to tree to tree when he should be moving it slowly, looking for motion, shapes, eye shine.

I don't think he lives in a bubble (or maybe he does?). He should know a little more about the subject he's trying to find/debunk.

Something doesn't "feel" right about what I watched.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too jaded?

-Mike

WildRebelYell
WildRebelYell

April 20th, 2014, 7:19 am #5

I was actually disappointed with the second show. Maybe the first show just set me up to think the second would be something special; it was nothing special. Stroud is in the survival information business so I expected a little more information from these two shows than he or the producers was willing to give. I agree that his equipment could have been a little better and that maybe, just maybe there will wind up being another show where he dedicates some better effort into the search for sasquatch. Stroud clearly takes the side of the skeptic although I have read an article where he was asked outright about his time in the bush and if he had ever had any encounters. He did share that he had indeed heard things that he couldn't explain but that he was a skeptic. I wonder if he is still skeptical after these two shows and if it doesn't spark something in him to want to know more ??